Thread: Golden Locals

mtbr member

Golden Locals

I've been driving out to golden for years to ride from Thornton and I finally just moved out here! I know all the trails around here are great but I also want to meet some locals that can ride during the week and have flexible schedules. I work from home so my rides are typically around 1 or 2pm...figured I could find some folks on here that can also get out during that time. anyone?

I'm having a great time checking out downtown too, the local bars and good spots to eat! All suggestions are welcome!

Bad Andy!
    Welcome!
    Where did you move to?
    Where ever it is, you will not regret it, Golden is awesome.

I can't ride that early during the week, but try to ride as much as possible (unfortunately, it's not possible too much )
    I plan to get a weekly Tues eve ride going soon with people from my new hood (Wildhorse Ranch Sub - northwest side of NTM) and anyone else that wants to join.
    There are a ton of riders from my previous hood (base of Apex) on MTBR as well.

There isn't much for restaurants around here, but it's getting better.
    Ali Babba and Sherpa House are both really good if you like that kinda food.
    There's Woody's Pizza downtown.
    El Dorado is fast and relatively cheap Mexican. Most people like it - it's not GREAT, but good.
    Senor Sol on Colfax is decent too, depending what you get, I had the Tacos de Carnitas recently for the 1st time and they were awesome!
    D'Deli downtown has the best sandwhiches anywhere.
    Try all the restaurants (there aren't many) and frequent your fave!

Beer, of course - GCB, Cannonball (new), and soon Mountain Toad. If you're off that early, you can also do the "quick tour" at Coors and go right to the free beer if you like Coors.

mtbr member
    Welcome
    As with GK, I usually don't get out till after 4 or 5pm during the week, until the time changes makes it a little difficult...sometimes I get in a few lunch rides if I'm working out of the office...near Apex.
    I'm a fan of Los Marcellos next to Ali Babba's and Blue Canyon downtown...Thai Monkey Club is good eats as well.
    Enjoy

mtbr member
    Thanks guys! I've hit up Induldge for happy hour alot lately. Great wine and good happy hour deals for sure! I have to have gluten free beer...wondering if cannonball has it?! I heard their beer is awesome though.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Have you tried the new Cannonball Creek Brewery. Open Th-Sun and always always packed for a reason. I can ride most days after 3:30pm if you can wait that long. Welcome to Golden

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Wad up, man?

"We're only bike terrorists, 5:30, second Friday, Berkley BART" -Jeff Ott, fifteen

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    so weird, we're moving to golden from thornton too. also quite tired of the commute to recreate. i have 2 months off in summer, so 2:00 rides may be ok if we all aren't baking in the sun/heat at mid day this summer. night rides man. that's the ticket.

"We're only bike terrorists, 5:30, second Friday, Berkley BART" -Jeff Ott, fifteen

friend of Apex
    good restaurants?
    well, if you like sandwiches, sure

I like to hit the Yardhouse (just outside of Golden) for Happy Hour, good eats, lots o beers on tap.
    late nights = Ace High. PBR on tap, and other cheap drinks

being close makes it really easy to be complacent with riding from home.
    be sure you still drive outside of Golden once in a while...
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Snomyzr View Post
    Have you tried the new Cannonball Creek Brewery. Open Th-Sun and always always packed for a reason. I can ride most days after 3:30pm if you can wait that long. Welcome to Golden
    Thanks! I try to get out earlier! I've heard mixed things about Cannonball but overall has a good wrap...other than I have celiac disease---i'm a glutard...can't have beer. Thanks for the tip though! I work out at the gym next to it every morning!!

mtbr member
    We're moving to West Arvada (64th and Ward)... it's alllllmost Golden. lol

Similar reasons as others here: I wanted to be close to the fun, fiance wanted a fenced in backyard for the dog. Looked at Golden and settled in NW Arvada (she works DT).

Pivot Rider
    Cannonball definitely has a special beer that they claim glutards like us can drink. I actually tried it this past Friday and found it to taste, well....just like beer! The owner tells me that they put some sort of enzyme in their beer to make it more tolerated by glutards (unless you're celiac). Try it out -- I believe you will enjoy!
    Dirt Divas website l Twitter: @thedirtdivas l Facebook

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I live a couple of minutes ride from North Table Mountain off of 64th, and usually go out and play in the dirt around 3:00-3:30... my work-from-home schedule isn't quite as flexible as yours.

Thai Monkey Club. I'll second that.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    You all are lucky to live in/near Golden. Great town and area.