Trips for Kids Denver

Golden Gate Canyon State Park Fall 2013

So I think I've ridden all of the trails available to mountain bikes at one time or another but haven't spent enough time out there to come up with a go to route that I love.

It seems like when I get done I wish I went down what I went up. I have lived on the Front Range my entire 40 years and no trail system within 30 miles if Denver has caused me this problem. I either haven't gone there enough or the trails don't lend themselves to any flow since they are not really designed for riding?

Thx,
    " I'm not inclined to resign to maturity "

..ouch
    Any loop configuration that involves railing down Mountain Lion contains Win.

Trips for Kids Denver
    Duly noted, thanks. I also checked their site a few minutes ago:

Nott Creek parking area is closed until further notice.
    The Deer Creek section of Mountain Lion Trail (including the backcountry shelter and campsites) is closed until further notice.

..ouch
    Quote Originally Posted by twowheelfunman View Post
    Duly noted, thanks. I also checked their site a few minutes ago:

Nott Creek parking area is closed until further notice.
    The Deer Creek section of Mountain Lion Trail (including the backcountry shelter and campsites) is closed until further notice.
    Not sure if that is due to flood/erosion damage, or recent weather. We got ~4" of snow last week here in Ned, so I'd imagine they got some as well. Getting that time 'o year up here.

Trips for Kids Denver
    Sorry, the closed parking lot and section of Mountain Lion notice was under a "Flood Damage" heading...

..ouch
    Not surprised. Seems a number of areas are just taking the approach they'll just wait until Spring to deal with repairs.

SS in CO
    we were told to use a different trail head to access Mt Lion. I think it was Burro...which basically starts out with a silly-steep, loose rocky climb made for hiking. we didn't make it very far before turning back and finding a different trail to try for our first time riding there.

J.
    are you a bike shop owner? or a custom builder? I want to talk to you about your website

..ouch
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayson44 View Post
    we were told to use a different trail head to access Mt Lion. I think it was Burro...which basically starts out with a silly-steep, loose rocky climb made for hiking. we didn't make it very far before turning back and finding a different trail to try for our first time riding there.

J.
    That's the way we usually take if driving over there. Clockwise loop. Nott Creek TH > up the south section of Mt Lion > up Burro through Forgotten Valley > grind/hike up the switchbacks to the ridge > silly fun descent down Mt Lion > climb back out of the valley, and back down into the lot. Not the easiest ride, but it's almost always empty and going down Mt Lion when the stream is running strong may be the most fun single on the FR.

SS in CO
    I'm headed back there on Saturday morning around 7:30-8 if anyone wants to join...

J.
    are you a bike shop owner? or a custom builder? I want to talk to you about your website