mtbr member

Golden Bike Park - Props!

I just moved to within 5-10 minutes of GBP and went to check it out last night for the first time. My back story is that I lived in Superior for the last 10 years and am a recovering roady. Anyway the new Superior bike park really hooked me on dirt jumping and pump tracks, enough so to motivate me to buy a new DJ bike. Then Valmont bike park opened and that is 5 blocks from my workplace, needless to say I've been hitting that at lunch often and it's further set the hook.

Back to Golden. I had zero expectations going into this but I was blown away by how fun GBP is. The pump track is a config that let's you get lots of speed with some transfer options or can be a bit slower with the inside and the DJ or slopestyle or downhill section is just fun, fun, fun and I love how it kind of comprises all 3 sub disciplines.

Since the creators are on here I wanted to share my positive experience. I'll be back!

Stand back
    Always nice to hear good things - thanks!

If there are other things you'd like to see there, we are doing some planning for future expansions and need user input, either here or on the Golden Bike Park Facebook page.

See you out there!
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dbabuser View Post
    Always nice to hear good things - thanks!

If there are other things you'd like to see there, we are doing some planning for future expansions and need user input, either here or on the Golden Bike Park Facebook page.

See you out there!

How much room do you have to expand? Is it mostly on the hill up towards the start of the main line?

Stuff to add:
    -I saw lots of kids out there Monday night and I think some more stuff for them to practice on would be good. That may be tough as it doesn't look like there is very much level ground to work with.
    -Some shorter lines, ala Valmont Dirt Jump lines would be cool. Something that could be sessioned over and over on.
    -Maybe a dual slalom/4x type line?
    -Maybe some wood features?

mtbr member
    Definitely big thanks to all the crew that have put GBP together and keep it running smooth. I put in a couple volunteer days but obviously nothing compared to the guys who have led the charge.

Since you are taking input allow me to throw in my 2 cents. I would love to see a bit of variety displayed in a new trail compared with the existing trail. Wondering about the possibilities of building a new line going to the north/northeast that incorporates a 5-6 foot drop or two, a step up and a wall ride. I am envisioning a trail like Beall UcanB at Winter Park. I think this would be a great complement to the existing trail of tables/gaps.

And of course I will be out there moving dirt and hammering nails to make it happen.
    Yield to downhill

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    the 4x line is just fun, fun, fun.
    Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Crit Rat View Post
    -Some shorter lines, ala Valmont Dirt Jump lines would be cool.
    +1

mtbr member

Smile give back

love to read these notes... makes it all worthwhile.

1) join COMBA/IMBA
    2) volunteer for some maintenance time

-
    .And following our will and wind . . .
    . . .We'll ride the spiral to the end
    and may just go where no one's been.