Te mortuo heres tibi sim?

Golden area trails dry?

How much rain did the hogback/Red Rocks/Chimney/Apex stuff get? Anyone down there care to chime in?

Thoughts of riding that stuff tomorrow morning, but don't want to drive down only to find out it's too wet.

Thanks.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by scrublover
    How much rain did the hogback/Red Rocks/Chimney/Apex stuff get? Anyone down there care to chime in?

Thoughts of riding that stuff tomorrow morning, but don't want to drive down only to find out it's too wet.

Thanks.
    Well, maybe dakota will be ok. Looking outside, there's no snow on s Table, I saw a little at the top of N Table this morning. Green mountain had a decent amount of snow. I can't see from here, but I think that the snow line on Chimney was @ about the level of the road at Windy Saddle. It's not raining now, in fact it's sunny. But it rained pretty good, until ~2 PM, I think. I'd go skiing tomorrow if I were you.

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Elvis
    Well, maybe dakota will be ok. Looking outside, there's no snow on s Table, I saw a little at the top of N Table this morning. Green mountain had a decent amount of snow. I can't see from here, but I think that the snow line on Chimney was @ about the level of the road at Windy Saddle. It's not raining now, in fact it's sunny. But it rained pretty good, until ~2 PM, I think. I'd go skiing tomorrow if I were you.

thanks. sounds like a better day to stay up here and ride, then. or join the crew heading to palmer.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    By tomorrow late afternoon I bet it'll all be ridable. I just drove by the hogback and there is a little snow but the forcast for tomorrow is 70 so it will be good to go in no time.

My cup runneth over

Higher elevations = snow = slower to dry!

Quote Originally Posted by bikeandski
    By tomorrow late afternoon I bet it'll all be ridable. I just drove by the hogback and there is a little snow but the forcast for tomorrow is 70 so it will be good to go in no time.
    maybe! The snow level is key to Saturday riding and the hogback escaped and for the most part got predominantly rain. The top 1/5 of GM is snow covered but most of the RR trails (not sure about the slide) look to have escaped the snow. The snow covered trails will dry out quite a bit later than just the rained-on ones.

mtbr member
    Sorry if this is somewhat redundant but yesterday I was eating lunch at a place that looks right at the north face of GM. You could "see" where the temp was < 32 F 'cause there was a clear line that looked to be right about the elevation of the trails. It's probably dry by now, but it's hard to tell 'cause the wind tends to blow the snow in a way that it accumulates on the trail.

I also rode Look Mtn road yesterday. There was some snow on Chimney past the bridge below Windy Saddle and there was a pretty significant amount above Windy Saddle. I'd give the "high" trails (relatively speaking) another day, especially since I can still see snow atop lookout right now.

I'm sure DR is fine, MW is probably okay, too.