mtbr member

Golden area trail condotions...

Have been able to hike around these spots the last 2 days, Things will improve by the weekend.

APEX= WET, will stay wet for awhile, not a good choice right now

Chimney gulch= WET, some dry spots but in the trees it is WET, doesn't have the goopy mud and can be ridden when wet w/o0 to much damage.

Green Mountain= Rode yesterday PM, 70% rideable, but there is MUD in the valleys and north side that, as you may know, gets very STICKY. Should be good by Sat.

Dakota/Red Rocks= Dry spots but mostly sticky MUD, stay away until the weekend, will probably still be some sticky spots on SUN.

Enjoy the warmth, it won't last!

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Quote Originally Posted by marinjp
    Have been able to hike around these spots the last 2 days, Things will improve by the weekend.

APEX= WET, will stay wet for awhile, not a good choice right now

Chimney gulch= WET, some dry spots but in the trees it is WET, doesn't have the goopy mud and can be ridden when wet w/o0 to much damage.

Green Mountain= Rode yesterday PM, 70% rideable, but there is MUD in the valleys and north side that, as you may know, gets very STICKY. Should be good by Sat.

Dakota/Red Rocks= Dry spots but mostly sticky MUD, stay away until the weekend, will probably still be some sticky spots on SUN.

Enjoy the warmth, it won't last!
    Excellent update, thanks for sharing the information.

I'm planning to hit Devils Backbone Saturday morning and maybe White on Sunday, so if anyone has any news on the conditions there I'd appreciate an update.

Arrrgggghhh!!
    I rode DB on sunday and it was 85% rideable, but that was with 50% of the trail frozen snow (about 1" of fluffy stuff up top, 1" of hardpack up to the steep climb). I would guess it will be good by the weekend with some muddy spots.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdub
    Excellent update, thanks for sharing the information.

I'm planning to hit Devils Backbone Saturday morning and maybe White on Sunday, so if anyone has any news on the conditions there I'd appreciate an update.
    Give 'da people 'da air.