Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Going To Moab !

814 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  honkinunit 
#1 ·
Whoop Whoop!!

Got the ok to go, and I'm heading to Moab on Friday. Anyone else going from this area want to hook up and do some riding ? Probably going to do the classic Porcupine trail on Saturday. Not sure about sunday's ride yet....possibly the moab rim or portal trail.

#2 ·
Moab

You'll have plenty of company out there this weekend. Moab was packed last weekend, and I'm guessing this weekend will be even busier.

If you just do Moab Rim on Sunday, you'll have plenty of time left for other things, since it is only about 1/2 hour. Now Moab Rim to Hidden Valley is a little longer.

Poison Spider to Portal is good, but you WILL walk parts of the Portal. Lots of sand on Poison Sprider, so be prepared.

When I go out there I usually ride Slickrock the morning of the last day, since it is only 2-3 hours, but a good, hard 2-3 hours. Then hit I-70 early to try to miss the traffic fest on the way back. If you are staying the whole day, do Moab Rim AND Slickrock. Or Bartlett Wash.

letsgoride said:
Whoop Whoop!!

Got the ok to go, and I'm heading to Moab on Friday. Anyone else going from this area want to hook up and do some riding ? Probably going to do the classic Porcupine trail on Saturday. Not sure about sunday's ride yet....possibly the moab rim or portal trail.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.