mtbr member

Going to be in Dillen in augest

So any one form the area? I’m going to be out there for a family thing. I want to drive out so I will have a weak to ride. I really want to take the mountain bike out and do some riding. I’m looking for some riders that can show me around.

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!

Most of the people on this board are front rangers

Quote Originally Posted by pulser
    So any one form the area? I’m going to be out there for a family thing. I want to drive out so I will have a weak to ride. I really want to take the mountain bike out and do some riding. I’m looking for some riders that can show me around.
    I can't think of anyone who actively participates on this board who lives in Summit County so you might not get a whole lot of volenteers. There is a ton of great riding in the area though so definitely bring your bike. Most of the bike shops have a free trail guide with the popular trails and you can always hit up the resorts for some lift-serviced riding. Have fun!

DSR
    mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    What Kristian said... and yes, bring your bike. Breck in particular has some great riding, both right from town and on the CO trail further out (Kenosha Pass for example). Breck also picked up a freeride park I hear. Keystone is also nearby with some lift supported riding. There's a great car-supported ride from Vail Pass to Minturn. And most would also recommend making a daytrip down to do Monarch Crest. The general rule is to get out early so you don't get stuck on any high ridges when the afternoon thunderstorms come in. Touch base on this board as you get closer. S

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Look up the Wheeler Trail which is right in the area. What's cool is the Summit Stage is free. Wheeler Trail I think branches off to Copper Mountain as well as around the Breckenridge area and Frisco. It's all just a bike ride from Dillon... or... the Summit Stage is the free bus system with bike racks, around the area. Keep us posted on your plans then.

mtbr member
    Thanks guys I will check back as it get closer to going. I'm definitely taking the bike I just have to decide if I'm going to drive out or fly.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

the question is

how far do ya want to ride and how high do ya want to climb.. bring a extra pair of lungs out with ya.. if i am in town i will hook up and do some local stuff..

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u
    how far do ya want to ride and how high do ya want to climb.. bring a extra pair of lungs out with ya.. if i am in town i will hook up and do some local stuff..

I dont know yet Im going to be in West Virginia in July so I have to see how that goes. Im guessing I should bring my full suspension.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

i ride f/s

Quote Originally Posted by pulser
    I dont know yet Im going to be in West Virginia in July so I have to see how that goes. Im guessing I should bring my full suspension.
    i ride my f/s but its up to you what to ride here.. i am probley going to be in fla for a week or so in august but dont know exact dates.. send me a email at hindsight20atyahoodotcom