"Oldfart from Wayback"

Giving a shout out to all the courteous riders today !

What a pleasure to be out riding today, with everybody yielding when they didn't even have to, and actually talking to me in our brief encounters.

Thanks to the guy that jumped off his bike on his uphill and signaled me by on my downhill.
    ( I repaid the favor later, when I yielded to him on his downhill run and my uphill.)

Thanks to the guy that called out from way behind that he wanted to pass "Whenever it's convenient for you, no hurry". I jumped off right away and we exchanged greetings as he blasted past.

Thanks to the guy that heard me closing in from behind, before I ever needed to call out and yielded to me on the downhill.

I got a big "Thank You" from an older horseman that I've met several times before, and know his horse to be very skittish around bikes. I'd dismounted and moved well off the trail as soon as I saw him approaching and let him pass.

With all the past threads about poor trail courtesy, I thought it time to point out what a good day can be like.

mtbr member

Thanks to you...

For appreciating the positives of your ride and not dwelling on the negative. There are so many negative posts in this forum, its refreshing when someone takes the time to appreciate what a great place we live and ride.

When its all said and done the Front Range is a pretty nice place to ride bikes!

Now with 10% more!
    Agreed. We only mention when things go wrong......... not all the times they go right.

slow
    My only ride today was from my house to the patio at Coopersmith's and back home, but all of the other riders I encountered in that short 5 miles were pleasant. The sunshine, good food, good company, and good atmosphere made for a great day. The day was made complete by a nap on the front porch in a lawn chair.

mtbr member

Even-Odd Days for Hikers / Bikers?

Sunday was indeed a glorious day to be out -- and a lot of folks took advantage of the weather to visit Deer Creek Canyon Park. Everyone seemed to have a good time, and courtesy was everywhere in evidence. But with such crowded conditions, I could not help but wonder if JeffCo should implement the even/odd weekend restrictions for bikers/hikers that seems to be working well at Centennial Cone Park in other popular Front Range locations. I am curious what others who visit this forum think about this issue.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Very cool Onbelaydave. This is how its supposed to be and more times then not, is.

Jeffco is definitely looking at new solutions to multi-use challenges. They do not want to prohibit any specific user group, but they are open to suggestions. So if you have ideas, get them to Open Spaces. If you encounter a Open Space patroller or ranger talk with them. Comba's also a good route for your ideas. Alternative use days and directional trails appear to be on Open Space's radar. I'm not sure how I feel about directional trails since I focus on climbing.

Msurk

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Agreed.
    Thanks to the two riders that stayed with me after my crash on DBB. Just in case you guys were wondering, the magic number was 9 ( stitches) above my right eye.
    11 Epic Expert 29er
    Blacksheep SS

Bodhisattva
    Quote Originally Posted by santa_cruzer
    Agreed.
    Thanks to the two riders that stayed with me after my crash on DBB. Just in case you guys were wondering, the magic number was 9 ( stitches) above my right eye.
    ouch. healing vibes.........

Thanks to the rattlesnake on MIchaud that didn't bite me yesterday

skillz to pay billz
    geez, I didn't get to see anyone on the two 3+ hour rides this weekend.

Thread Terrorist
    Interesting post. Between Thrusday and Sunday, I noticed a lot of courteous riders. Even the few guys shuttling CG.... They stopped for everyone!

Stand back
    Quote Originally Posted by lginzkey
    ... even/odd weekend restrictions for bikers/hikers that seems to be working well at Centennial Cone Park in other popular Front Range locations. I am curious what others who visit this forum think about this issue.
    From what I can tell, the segregated days at Cen Cone just make it extra crowded on bike days...
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

Gaa-zee-raaaa!
    Quote Originally Posted by dbabuser
    From what I can tell, the segregated days at Cen Cone just make it extra crowded on bike days...
    That's because you're only there on bike days. In our absence it's all lollipops and blowjobs for the hiking crowd, a smashing success.
    Now with more vitriol!

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Augh, Oh, Centennial Cone isn't turning out like a Chicago forest preserve is it? Don't stop until you touch the back of his teeth!

Msurk

Your retarded
    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla
    That's because you're only there on bike days. In our absence it's all lollipops and blowjobs for the hiking crowd, a smashing success.
    Well, I know where I'm hiking this weekend. I could really go for a lollipop right about now.
    A trail thatís too difficult wouldnít exist because itíd never be used. But, trails can exist thatíre too difficult for you.

not actually bad :)
    Nice thread OBD!
    Old Codger

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickle
    Well, I know where I'm hiking this weekend. I could really go for a lollipop right about now.
    Dude, I think you're on the wrong side of that equation...