mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Girl in search of...

I'm fairly new to the front range mtn biking scene and was wondering two things:

1. Are there any shops in the front range who carry the Surly karate monkey in stock. I'm trying to get one, but want to check the size.

2. I'm looking for some good group rides in the jeffco area...

Thanks so much!

trail waggler

Excel Sports in Boulder sells 'em...

But I don't think that they have any built up.

http://www.excelsports.com/new.asp?p...ajor=2&minor=1

jl
    climb
    If you can get to Greeley, I-Bike can set you up. Ask for Mike. (970) 352-6989
    Ride On!

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    no help on the monkey frame, but as for group rides, pretty much anytime. if it's posted up in here with a when/where, show up and ride with whoever else!

off the next 8 days, and will be heading down to ride thurs or fri at mathew winter/red rocks/dakota ridge, if interested.

probably will be some smallish group rides going over the weekend, too.

dave
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

theHeadlessThompsonGunner
    1. Both the bike shops on the Hill (in Boulder) are Surly dealers. The Fix and Full Cycle, I think? I'd give Larry at Mtn. High a call if I were you, as I think he has all the necessary Surly contacts (he's in Loveland).

2. Can't help you with shop-sponsored rides, but, like Dave said, keep an eye out here, and you're bound to find a ride almost daily. Good luck!
    "I've courted brain damage like some courtesan of darkness."

-The Good Doctor

Perpetually single track
    Not too many official group rides right now, except for the semi official thing mtb dirteater has going on on Wed. night's at Green Mtn (see his post). If you wanna ride though, just post and I'm sure someone will be interesterd. Groups rides will be more frequent too as the weather starts to warm up. Have to pick your trails very wisely right now.

Kirk
    The more out of shape you are, the steeper the hill looks.

Now Uploading
    Quote Originally Posted by weaselgirl
    I'm fairly new to the front range mtn biking scene and was wondering two things:

1. Are there any shops in the front range who carry the Surly karate monkey in stock. I'm trying to get one, but want to check the size.

Thanks so much!
    Hey, we're riding Green Mountain tonight.

There are a lot of people to ride with in the area, but many just seem to go hide somewhere or snowboard over the winter. I try to ride 100-150 miles a week (yeah, over the winter), if not on traiils, then on paved park paths or around town. You could check other forums like FRMB and TrailCentral, and this is a good one here.

And this weekend looks to be good.

Cheers,

Dave
    [SIZE=2]Just Passing Through: eatin' dirt & crappin' dust[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    can't help you with the surley shops, but i have a bunch of friends, male and female who ride a couple days a week around jeffco, and we usually head further away from denver on the weekends. i'm in arvada, and we all ride together despite differences in ability or endurance. kindof a no-drop social thing. we often meet up for dinner and/or drinks afterward too. lots of trips during the year too, to fruita, moab, crusty butt/gunnison, durango, and winter park/summit co. email or pm me and we'll meet up. since this is our prime snow month, the board is still out and the bike is pretty lonely lately except for learning some trials, but the transition will be occurring over the next several weeks assuming no blizzard of '04. also, wheatridge cyclery has group rides, and i think some may be mudhonnies only if you're so inclined.
    see ya on the dirt-
    Devin

Now Uploading
    Quote Originally Posted by scrublover
    no help on the monkey frame, but as for group rides, pretty much anytime. if it's posted up in here with a when/where, show up and ride with whoever else!

off the next 8 days, and will be heading down to ride thurs or fri at mathew winter/red rocks/dakota ridge, if interested.

probably will be some smallish group rides going over the weekend, too.

dave
    Hey Dave (and everyone else), I'd be up for that. I've got some buddies from Missouri that rented a condo in Vail until Sunday though, so I may be up there some of the time. Call me if you wanna try to plan anything and I don't respond to email. Could do a ride earlier next week too.

I'm riding GM tonight, and I know I want to be riding at least on Sunday.

Dave
    [SIZE=2]Just Passing Through: eatin' dirt & crappin' dust[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by weaselgirl

Thanks so much!

Sup weaselgirl, If your looking for a group ride go join up with Dave on his wednesday night thing. I did last night and it was pretty mellow. I think next time I go I'll bring my wife. So if you decide to go please give me a hollar and I'll try and hook up with you and bring my wife along.