icegeek is hot

GGSP: Water pump working?

Anybody know? Wanna do a longish ride up there, and honestly dread the torture of wearing the 100oz CamelBak.

If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times. Chicks need better fitting hydration packs. It need not be "thinner" and "smaller" ... it need be wider, with the reservoir centered higher, so that its weight is not squarely sitting on the small of an already smallish back. Ugh.

Anyway, if anybody knows, I thank you in advance!

++++++++++

Oh, ps: before someone shares the water bottle idea, water bottle cages don't work real well on a 575 that has that DHX5whateverthehay shock. There ain't no room.
    Last edited by TVC15; 06-06-2009 at 01:48 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I'm basically a water bottle rider, even though I own and use two Dakines: an Apex and a Nomad. But I really don't like having a hydration pack on my back. I also have a Marmot Flathead waist pack. I carry all my crap in there plus it's got bottle holders either side. So I can take three bottles if necessary. I got mine at ***** Sporting Goods at Flatirons mall. If I need more than 100 oz water I take a Dakine.

I've had drilled another cage holder under the down tube. It hasn't voided the warranty on three Turners I've done this on. Just a thought.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

not actually bad :)
    Quote Originally Posted by TVC15
    Chicks need better fitting hydration packs.
    Looks like a bidness oppertunitee fer someone.
    Old Codger

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by TVC15
    Anybody know? Wanna do a longish ride up there, and honestly dread the torture of wearing the 100oz CamelBak.

If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times. Chicks need better fitting hydration packs. It need not be "thinner" and "smaller" ... it need be wider, with the reservoir centered higher, so that its weight is not squarely sitting on the small of an already smallish back. Ugh.

Anyway, if anybody knows, I thank you in advance!

++++++++++

Oh, ps: before someone shares the water bottle idea, water bottle cages don't work real well on a 575 that has that DHX5whateverthehay shock. There ain't no room.
    I've been running a min-mule with 100 oz bladder for years in the summer then switch to mule or larger for more cold weather gear in the winter. I run a regular mule chest strap on it. Be creative, try different sizes on.
    I'm 5'9" with pretty heathy chest width and have no problems.
    http://www.rei.com/product/779965
    Also, have been drinking from CLEAR mountain streams for years and never ever been sick. You can carry a filter or tablets if you like, I quit using them after a few years.

banned
    honestly dread the torture of wearing the 100oz CamelBak.
    Yeah, that's horrible.

Now with 20% more fat!!
    I'm always amazed at you people that can do 30 miles with a water bottle and that's it. Hell, I just about run out of water on that same 30miler with a water bottle AND a 100oz camelbak. Being a big fat tub of goo doesn't help, but still... you people are amazing!