Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mtbr member

This is getting out of hand

So around 6pm im road riding with my friend Jen past JJs in Fort collins heading to the north dam. Im riding on almost on the dirt and she is on the white line. This Lady in a white caddy starts honking at us and then drives past and pulls in to a side street totally blocking the bike lane so we have to go out in to traffic to go around her. She gets out of her car and starts yelling at us that we cant ride side by side. I just sat up and yelled back im so glad you pulled over to tell us that. I ride road a lot and every time I ride with my friends or do an organized group ride this season someone has to start *****ing at us even when we are in a bike lane or on a wide shoulder. On a monday night ride a few weeks ago we rolled up to a stop light 2 abreast maybe 25 of us on big shoulder the cars were all stopped as we came up to it and some lady started yelling at us and she wasnt even moving.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    hey people pay a road tax every year when they buy plates and pay taxes on their automobiles, bikers don't register bikes or pay a road tax on their bikes..

so people feel entitled, and since in no way shape or form are bikes a part of the "dept of revenue"

people will tend too, and will keep tending to get pissed when roadies plug up the road..

sadly, it will never go away..

they are just upset bikers beat the system, and take it out on them whenever they get the chance..

ramble, ramble, ramble

skillz to pay billz
    ride on dirt

Going, Going, Gonzo
    Quote Originally Posted by nOOby
    ride on dirt
    Ding ding ding! Winner!

Why force a confrontation when there are other options?

What would Gandhi do?
    Signature? I don't need no stinking signature.

mtbr member
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by insect_o_man
    Ding ding ding! Winner!

Why force a confrontation when there are other options?

What would Gandhi do?
    The whole reason i switched to mountain bikes.

Slopestyle Rider
    The problem is that almost no roadies follow the rules of the road. They don't stop at lights, pass on the shoulder at lights, don't yield, wear a sponsored riders uniform to go out for a ride, blah, blah, blaaaaaaahhhhh. So if you ride road, you are gonna reap what your brothers sow. You get no sympathy. Sack up. If a woman in a caddy pulled over to yell at me... I'd stop and give it right back.

Your friend was wrong by riding on the line. Get off the line and IN the bike lane. It's not that hard.
    Last edited by joelalamo45; 08-05-2008 at 06:29 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by joelalamo45
    The problem is that almost no roadies follow the rules of the road. They don't stop at lights, pass on the shoulder at lights, don't yield, wear a sponsored riders uniform to go out for a ride, blah, blah, blaaaaaaahhhhh. So if you ride road, you are gonna reap what your brothers sow. You get no sympathy.
    you also forgot to add "obeying speed limits" I cant count how many times i have rolled down sunshine canyon, and gotton dirty looks from roadies who fly by me, as i am doing 5-10 over the speed limit..

now i know what the buckets of sand are for on the side of the road..

to put on corners for roadies to eat it.. (i keeed, i keeed)

Last edited by meat-market; 08-05-2008 at 06:16 AM.

Thread Terrorist
    Welcome to free speech.... Arguing back can be fun, even if you're in the wrong.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    "I AM A ROADIE EVEN WHEN I AM WRONG I AM RIGHT"

pretty much sums up the thread, I love pre-work entertainment..

now off to sunshine canyon.. if you see a blue Audi A4, be sure to flip me off.. (again)

Slopestyle Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by pulser
    organized group ride
    Organized group ride for roadies = look at us, we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France.... so we don't follow the rules of the road because we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France ...

so we don't follow the rules of the road because we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France ...we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France.... so we don't follow the rules of the road because we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France ...we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France.... so we don't follow the rules of the road because we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France ...we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France.... so we don't follow the rules of the road because we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France ...we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France.... so we don't follow the rules of the road because we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France ...we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France.... so we don't follow the rules of the road because we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France ...we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France.... so we don't follow the rules of the road because we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France ...we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France.... so we don't follow the rules of the road because we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France ...we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France.... so we don't follow the rules of the road because we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France ...we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France.... so we don't follow the rules of the road because we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France ...we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France.... so we don't follow the rules of the road because we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France ...we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France.... so we don't follow the rules of the road because we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France ...we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France.... so we don't follow the rules of the road because we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France ...we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France.... so we don't follow the rules of the road because we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France ...we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France.... so we don't follow the rules of the road because we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France ...we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France.... so we don't follow the rules of the road because we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France ...we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France.... so we don't follow the rules of the road because we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France ...we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France.... so we don't follow the rules of the road because we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France ...we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France.... so we don't follow the rules of the road because we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France ...we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France.... so we don't follow the rules of the road because we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France ...we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France.... so we don't follow the rules of the road because we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France ...we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France.... so we don't follow the rules of the road because we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France ...we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France.... so we don't follow the rules of the road because we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France ...we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France.... so we don't follow the rules of the road because we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France ...we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France.... so we don't follow the rules of the road because we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France ...we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France.... so we don't follow the rules of the road because we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France ...we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France.... so we don't follow the rules of the road because we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France ...we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France.... so we don't follow the rules of the road because we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France ...we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France.... so we don't follow the rules of the road because we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France ...we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France.... so we don't follow the rules of the road because we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France ...we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France.... so we don't follow the rules of the road because we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France ...we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France.... so we don't follow the rules of the road because we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France ...we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France.... so we don't follow the rules of the road because we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France ...we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France.... so we don't follow the rules of the road because we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France ...we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France.... so we don't follow the rules of the road because we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France ...we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France.... so we don't follow the rules of the road because we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France ...we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France.... so we don't follow the rules of the road because we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France ...we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France.... so we don't follow the rules of the road because we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France ...we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France.... so we don't follow the rules of the road because we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France ...we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France.... so we don't follow the rules of the road because we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France ...we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France.... so we don't follow the rules of the road because we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France ...we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France.... so we don't follow the rules of the road because we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France ...we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France.... so we don't follow the rules of the road because we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France ...we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France.... so we don't follow the rules of the road because we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France ...we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France.... so we don't follow the rules of the road because we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France ...we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France.... so we don't follow the rules of the road because we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France ...we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France.... so we don't follow the rules of the road because we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France ...we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France.... so we don't follow the rules of the road because we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France ...we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France.... so we don't follow the rules of the road because we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France ...we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France.... so we don't follow the rules of the road because we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France ...we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France.... so we don't follow the rules of the road because we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France ...we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France.... so we don't follow the rules of the road because we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France ...we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France.... so we don't follow the rules of the road because we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France ...we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France.... so we don't follow the rules of the road because we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France ...we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France.... so we don't follow the rules of the road because we are fake Lance Armstrongs and we are on the fake Tour de France ...

mtbr member
    Carry a little blister pack of KY. When ppl pull over to rip you a new one, whip it out and hand it to them. Followed that with, "be gentle, and I demand a kiss after." Throws them completely off balance...especially the Caddy/SUV crowd Then you can argue back per IE's suggestion

Pedaler of dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by meat-market
    hey people pay a road tax every year when they buy plates and pay taxes on their automobiles, bikers don't register bikes or pay a road tax on their bikes..

so people feel entitled, and since in no way shape or form are bikes a part of the "dept of revenue"

people will tend too, and will keep tending to get pissed when roadies plug up the road..

sadly, it will never go away..

they are just upset bikers beat the system, and take it out on them whenever they get the chance..

ramble, ramble, ramble
    Cyclists have as much rights as drivers to be on the roads.

There is no direct link between road, gas or car tax and paying for our public roads, tax is tax. So that local tax you may pay on a bike could end up paying for road repairs.

Most cyclist are also drivers.

It'll go away once some drivers understand that they don't own the road and they do have to share it with other road users. Last time I checked traffic congestion is caused by too many cars not by too many bikes.

Sheesh.

!Vamos, flaco!
    How many threads need to be devoted to this topic?

Here's the summary of the next 100 posts:

Cyclists have a legal right to use the roads as any other vehicle. See C.R.S. sec. 42-4-1412 http://bicyclecolo.org/page.cfm?PageID=45

Cyclists also have the same legal responsibilities as other vehicles.

Many cyclists (as well as drivers) routinely break traffic rules.

Cyclists annoy drivers and vice versa.

Many "mountain bikers" see a distinction between themselves and "roadies" and look upon "roadies" with contempt, even though we're all bike riders and many cyclists ride both road and mountain bikes.

Despite legal rights, in a physical car v. bike confrontaiton, the cyclist will lose, regardless of legal rights.

The risk of riding on the road depends on who you ask, where you ride, and is up for debate.
    Did I miss anything?
    "Fact is only what you believe; fact and fiction work as a team." Jack Johnson

now in superlight!
    I think joel is trying to say something, but I can't make out what it is...I'm feeling a little dense right now...
    If you don't stop whining- I'll call the whaaaa-mbulance!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Hey Joe Alamo,
    Since you work for Winter Park and you constantly spew insults towards other types of cycling that aren't DH, should I infer from that that Winter Park doesn't want you to visit, unless you a DH rider?
    Maybe I should ask the WP management....

Living the High Life
    Quote Originally Posted by offroadcyclist
    Hey Joe Alamo,
    Since you work for Winter Park and you constantly spew insults towards other types of cycling that aren't DH, should I infer from that that Winter Park doesn't want you to visit, unless you a DH rider?
    He rides DH? I thought he was always spamming us with that slope style stuff

I ride a road bike occasionally. I don't disillusion myself into thinking I have the same rights as cars, and I'm fine with that. People can't drive for sh!t, so I'm fine to stay waaaay on the side of the road.

I rode my motorcycle the same way, don't trust people on 4 wheels when you're on 2.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

MK_
    carpe maana
    Hey Joe Alamo,
    On the contrary, I heard the resort is paving some of the runs so roadies can get some alpine climbs in...

_MK

Slopestyle Rider
    Hey Joe Alamo,
    Ok sure.

Here's the bike park manager's email
    bholme@skiwinterpark.com

Here's my bosses email
    bpayne@skiwinterpark.com

I don't constantly spew hate or whatever gets your lycra in a wad against non-DH riders. In fact, I don't ride DH, don't even really like it. I ride bmx and slopestyle. So get your facts straight, chief. This roadie admitted to being wrong, but cried. So cry to whomever you feel like, Sally.

Thread Terrorist
    Quote Originally Posted by marzjennings
    Cyclists have as much rights as drivers to be on the roads.
    True, but they're also required to follow the rules of the road. I don't see two cars side-by-side in one lane usually.

Slopestyle Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by daddyguy
    I think joel is trying to say something, but I can't make out what it is...I'm feeling a little dense right now...
    Thank you so much, sir. You got my name right. It's Joel. Not Joe.

It's Joel Alamo.

So Sally (offroadcyclist), when you complain to WP management, get my name right.

mtbr member
    why were you riding two abreast when there was a car coming?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Hey Joel,
    Sorry, Slopestyle not DH.
    This is definitely not the first thread in which you insult road riding and XC. Or insult riders who don't wear baggies. I just think it's bad form. And, since you work for WP, it looks especially lame.
    I won't be emailing your bosses. I'll just tell all my friends to watch out for the asshat wearing jean shorts and white tube socks when they visit WP.

Thread Terrorist
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion, regardless of who they work for or not. The topic here is a complaint about a car yelling at cyclists that were in the wrong... and I agree about the 'holier than thou' attitude that cyclist have when it comes to cars and laws. Its BS-- and you wonder why the driver vs cyclist is a hotter debate in Boulder than 4 rocks removed from jeffco open space trails

Slopestyle Rider
    I'll just tell all my friends to watch out for the asshat wearing jean shorts and white tube socks when they visit WP.
    White tube socks and jean shorts??? Who refers to them as tube socks? You should change your name to outoftheloopcyclist

"Is that a Members Only jacket? What are you, the last member?"

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    It is perfectly legal to ride two abreast in the traffic lane if you are not impeding traffic in the traffic lane, are on the shoulder out of the traffic lane or in a designated bike lane. If there is traffic behind you you are required to ride single file as "close as practical" to the right side of the road. The OP makes it sound as though they where not riding two abreast in the traffic lane.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast