mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Get your riding in this weekend

A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

Pivot Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy

Seriously??? Dang it! The Dirt Divas rides start up this week...... sigh
    Dirt Divas website l Twitter: @thedirtdivas l Facebook

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    This is setting up to be another summer like 1991 when it was cold all summer. Literally, the highs in Boulder in August were low-70's. It was blamed on the eruption of Mount Pinatubo in the Philippines.

I know it has been cold all along this year, but maybe the volcano in Iceland is affecting our weather now, too.

We can get some viscous storms in May, especially in the foothills. In 1969 it rained for four days straight. There were 12 inches of rain in some places in the foothills. There would be just a little trail erosion from a storm like that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Pinatubo
    http://www.wunderground.com/climate/volcanoes.asp

Pivot Rider
    This weather seems to be shaping up a lot like last year's -- didn't we have one of the wettest and possibly coolest summers on record last year? Sure hope that it doesn't repeat -- we never really had a summer last year.....
    Dirt Divas website l Twitter: @thedirtdivas l Facebook

Shread Ready
    All I remember is last year I had about 15 rides in already by this time. This year I've only done ONE Front Range ride! Pretty nuts but at least I actually did a lot of snowboarding the last few months. Hope to do some riding soon!

OMG!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yetigirl
    This weather seems to be shaping up a lot like last year's -- didn't we have one of the wettest and possibly coolest summers on record last year? Sure hope that it doesn't repeat -- we never really had a summer last year.....
    huh? all i remember is riding keystone 6 days a week with maybe 2 days it closed because of rain.

maybe you meant we never had a winter. cause i seem to remember waiting for the snow to come in nov, dec, jan, feb, mar, and april. now that the base has melted out, here it is! but i definitely wouldn't call it winter...

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Last year I rode on dry trail all of January and February. March and April it snowed like a sum*****, then it rained and rained and rained and rained. Remember all the wildflowers? Then it dried up a bit in late July.

A headsup about a snowstorm in early May is just that, not a dire warning that it's never gonna stop snowing. Looks to be a beautiful two days this weekend so hit what's dry...now.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Reminds me of my first spring in CO ('95). A cold wet spring with snowstorms in the mountains well into summer. We skied A-basin on July 4th (closing day) with 6"+ of fresh.

mtbr member
    Chimney/Apex was pretty damn sweet this morning
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

not actually bad :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y
    Apex was pretty damn sweet this morning
    +1 one to that.
    Was on call so couldn't get out of phone range, but Apex/P-N-S/Grubstake/Bonanza were all in GREAT shape!
    Old Codger

Your bike is incorrigible
    I think I'll get out on Monday when all you suckas are at work.

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    It's hero dirt on the CT from the Waterton to the Platte/BC. I so love that trail coming back from the overlook to Bear Creek. So. Much. Flow!

The stream crossings are all rideable, but they're running hard so your feet are going to get wet anyways!

The only snow left on the trail.

Some hikers didn't want to get their feet wet so they stacked logs across the stream and the trail. The folding saw made quick work of them.

Last edited by DWF; 05-08-2010 at 08:38 PM.
    A man must have enemies and places he is not welcome. In the end we are not only defined by our friends but those against us.