I licked a frog.

Garmin information for Green Mountain?

has anyone Garmined Green Mountain? If so, can you make this information available? I am specifically looking for the percentage grade of the access road on the west side of Green Mountain - or just distance & altitude gain from the bottom (where the footpath/overpass is at 470) to the top.

thank you,
    LC

Got single track/speed?
    I converted my tracks to KML for Google Earth.

http://bbs.keyhole.com/ubb/showthrea...ue#Post1128893

Can you get the info you need from this? I'll have to dig up the Garmin file and post it somewhere.

-Chuck

I licked a frog.
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckjoga
    I converted my tracks to KML for Google Earth.

Can you get the info you need from this?
    thanks. I am looking for the same style of information but (specifically) for the access road up Green Mountain - it's a gravel road. it's pretty steep - I'd like to know how steep so I can use that as a reference point when guaging the percentage grade of other hills.

I had another friend use his Garmin on a ride here in Evergreen once and then he sent me all the statistical information through Google Earth & Motionbase - i.e., heart rate, time lapse, altitude, temperature, distance... it went on & on. I would think there would be somewhere online where everyone could post all of their ride information and allow others to search. maybe I'm not looking in the right place?

mtbr member
    I would think you could search and find what you want on http://www.motionbased.com/ I have yet to look myself for it

Thread Terrorist
    I way-pointed all the mountain lions on GM... in case you're interested.
    Golden Bike Park Group

Peak Cycles Gravity Team & Bikeparts.com
    Trestle Bike Park

mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by IndecentExposure
    outrageous!

friend of Apex
    mountain lions
    WHoa!
    I did NOT see that comin!
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

i took the wheels home
    Next time could you way-point the cougars?

i took the wheels home
    Next time could you way-point the cougars?

Thread Terrorist
    The migratory habits of cougars are hard and expensive to track. But generally their migratory movement can be characterized by Suburbanology science.

1. wake up
    2. Head to pilates in cherry creek
    3. Migrate west, usually in herds of SUV's no cheaper than 40k
    4. Arrive GM TH.
    5. Trail run with other cougars (safety in packs, dangerous in packs)
    6 Head to starbucks
    7 Spa time
    8 Martini time and happy hour
    9 Return to den

Coug's will tear you up. There are instructional signs on how to catch one (I won't post one here because I know one will).
    Golden Bike Park Group

Peak Cycles Gravity Team & Bikeparts.com
    Trestle Bike Park

I licked a frog.
    good to see the peanut gallery is still alive and well. it's been a while.

good grief, this is destined to be my legacy around here. clearly you are yearning to rekindle this discussion (Riding with Weapons). if some big, fat cry baby hadn't moved that thread we could still be exchanging mindless claptrap and pretending everyone has something intelligent to share... (it's been moved from our comfortable little "private" area and into the public arena where I, for one, do not care to venture.)

really though, I am just looking for information on Green Mountain here so saddle up Tinker Bells and move on. the mountain lion discussion died the day an overzealous moderator surrendered to the complaint(s) of some namby-pamby, pantywaist who was too enthralled and upset with the discussion to find something better to do with their time than whine to mommy.

it's ok though. at least we know now that the CO - Front Range Forum is no place for involved discussions. better keep it simple because too many posts might intimidate a few who spend their lives trying desperately, futilely and pathetically to define themselves on mtbr.com.

seriously - Green Mountain?

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    oh lord

Which way? Uphill.
    Quote Originally Posted by LyleCrumbstorm
    good to see the peanut gallery is still alive and well. it's been a while.

good grief, this is destined to be my legacy around here. clearly you are yearning to rekindle this discussion (Riding with Weapons). if some big, fat cry baby hadn't moved that thread we could still be exchanging mindless claptrap and pretending everyone has something intelligent to share... (it's been moved from our comfortable little "private" area and into the public arena where I, for one, do not care to venture.)

really though, I am just looking for information on Green Mountain here so saddle up Tinker Bells and move on. the mountain lion discussion died the day an overzealous moderator surrendered to the complaint(s) of some namby-pamby, pantywaist who was too enthralled and upset with the discussion to find something better to do with their time than whine to mommy.

it's ok though. at least we know now that the CO - Front Range Forum is no place for involved discussions. better keep it simple because too many posts might intimidate a few who spend their lives trying desperately, futilely and pathetically to define themselves on mtbr.com.

seriously - Green Mountain?
    As someone who didn't even open the weapons thread when it was around, your post makes me see why there was such a backlash against you.

If you want to have people help you out with information don't go about insulting them.

Intelligent, involved discussion? If you're responses in that thread was like this one I think that thread was pretty far off from that. My advice is count to ten and ignore the shots at you if you want to move away from that.

As far as GM, I don't have any GPS tracks, but ballpark is 2 miles and 1000 feet? I have a feeling both those figures might be a little high.

Have fun riding and good luck on getting the numbers you want.

I'll probably be there doing a trail run Wednesday afternoon, I'll try to hit the service road, if I bring my GPS I will try to download the file and post it up for you.
    Blog

Just keep spinning. Just keep running. Just keep paddling.
    Just keep moving forward.

I licked a frog.
    Quote Originally Posted by nepbug
    As someone who didn't even open the weapons thread when it was around...
    wink, wink. nuge, nuge. say no more.

the grade is 19% at it steepest and 14% most of the rest of the time. if I wanted ballpark I would have e-mailed Coors Field.

I appreciate your loaded compliments. you're an inspiration to us all. take care sweetie.

p.s. if you miss the jest, flame on. I love it. this is my Sunday comics.

Living the High Life
    I don't have a mileage, but I usually ride with my altimeter watch. I haven't clocked the GM fire road though. I was going to ride there one day this week, we'll see.