Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Fyi

951 views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  bpatterson6 
#1 ·
#2 ·
That sucks! I hope they find this guy. :mad: I was there on Saturday. I left at about 4:30 because the sun was going down and it was time to feed the kids. I don't know what I would of done if that had happened while my kids were there.

I don't think I'm riding there anymore. The last time I rode Dakota/Matthews was the day that girder fell from the overpass on to that car and killed the family. :(

#5 ·
I hope they find this sack of sh1t. I'll not stop riding there - I've ridden there since '89, but God help the poor soul who walks up to ask me the time on future rides (after reading that) :) I wonder if this has anything to do with the car break-ins that have happened there in recent years.

#11 ·
I sure hope there is some back-story. Way too weird otherwise. Seems that often random crimes are not so random, maybe the attacker knew the guy and his schedule and thought the woods would be a good place to strike - turned out not to be the case thankfully. But freaks will be freaks and random violence happens. Makes a good liberal like me want to carry a big stick and whack people around to teach them a leason. My GF and her friend were running earlier that day at MW. Makes me worry and will be sure to spook her as well when she hears. Suppose I should tell her.

#13 ·
jasonb said:
I sure hope there is some back-story. Way too weird otherwise. Seems that often random crimes are not so random, maybe the attacker knew the guy and his schedule and thought the woods would be a good place to strike - turned out not to be the case thankfully. But freaks will be freaks and random violence happens. Makes a good liberal like me want to carry a big stick and whack people around to teach them a leason. My GF and her friend were running earlier that day at MW. Makes me worry and will be sure to spook her as well when she hears. Suppose I should tell her.
Yeah, that whole thing sounds to me like the attacker knew the guy or the person who hired the attacker knew the guy. The victim and the attacker are near the same age, no grab for money was made. Sounds like somebody was kicking in another mule's stall to me.

OK, wild conjecture over, back to figuring out what to change on my bike...

#14 ·
s1ngletrack said:
I hope they find this sack of sh1t. I'll not stop riding there - I've ridden there since '89, but God help the poor soul who walks up to ask me the time on future rides (after reading that) :) I wonder if this has anything to do with the car break-ins that have happened there in recent years.
I hope they find this steaming pile of cow dung...Drag his azz down a DH trail somwhere...
I heard of some psychotic A-Hole doing this to people in Cali I believe...
mostly people to on bikes...I think I read it somewhere on MTBR or Ridemonkey...
F'ing crazy people in this world...WTF???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.