jl
    climb

FtC: Friday 3/21 Full Moon Ride

I'm pondering a big loop ride in FtC. I plan on leaving around 5:00pm from Coyote Trail and ending sometime later at the dog park.

Time is somewhat flexible, and the trails to be ridden are still to be determined, but I think everything will be dry (excluding some of the HTMP trails).

If you're interested PM me.
    Ride On!

jl
    climb
    Only dino took me up on the offer for the full (fool) moon ride. We had an excellent ride, more or less a mini-epic by March standards. I should of had more pics at the end of the ride but my battery gave out right after the moon entered the sky.

I guess I'll try next month to get a good photo of that bright orb in the sky.

Last edited by jl; 03-25-2008 at 07:56 AM.
    Ride On!

slow
    Nice shots. Looks like a big ride, especially for this early in the season. I must have missed your post earlier in the week, or I would have joined you. I was on Maxwell about the same time. It was a beautiful night with a bright moon.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Yeah, I missed it, too. I was looking at the moon rise last night thinking, "I wish someone posted a ride in these parts."

Oh, well. Next one should be warmer anyhow.

jl
    climb
    Quote Originally Posted by sgltrak
    Nice shots. Looks like a big ride, especially for this early in the season. I must have missed your post earlier in the week, or I would have joined you. I was on Maxwell about the same time. It was a beautiful night with a bright moon.
    sgltrak, sorry I missed you. We were on Maxwell a little later. You were probably home drinking tequila by then .

It was a great night for a ride, especially for March.
    Ride On!

mtbr member

sweet ride

jl - thanks for dragging me along. That moon was incredible, rising big and orange, reflecting off the res, and then rising high and bright in the sky.

For those of you considering taking up jl on his next "mini-epic" offer, I just have one piece of advice: go for it, but be sure to eat your Wheaties first.

jl
    climb
    dino - thanks for getting dragged along. It was a great night for a moon light ride.

Remember, it is good to have "breakfast for dinner."
    Ride On!

Now with 20% more fat!!
    Man, I'd love to hit one of these rides with you... Do you carry a tow-rope in your pack to assist slow riders like myself?

pain intolerant
    Apr 2006
    Sounds dreamy.
    Just curious: where did your ride end? The dog park at the end of Horsetooth Rd? If so, what route did you ride from HTMP to the dog park?