mtbr member
    May 2010

Ft. Collins Ride

If you have to ride one trail in ft Collins what would it be? I will be there this week

flowcus
    Timber/Howard in Lory State Park is a personal fave. Many more miles of trails in Horsetooth Mountain Park and Lory can be linked from there. You won't be disappointed.
    Ok, here's the deal. I have a hangover. Who knows what that means?

boxcar
    I like wathan/carey springs/sawmill in horsetooth. has a little bit of everything. I climb fireroad up.

FleshwoundGravityResearch
    Wathan up is much better than fire road up.

mtbr member
    Coyote Ridge to Indian Summer to Devil's Back Bone and back to Coyote Ridge.

Unless it's really hot when you're riding, then I would take other's advice and visit Horsetooth Mountain Park.

"Oldfart from Wayback"
    One "trail" or one "trail network" ?

You can link trails at HTMP/ Lory SP all day long, or as long as your legs hold out and arguably are the signature rides of Ft. Collins. Wathen, Mill Crk, Spring Crk ,Timber,and Howard are all excellent DH's. The problem is trying to link them together as all downhills. Expect to pay homage to Tower Road or South Ridge road while at HTMP.

There's no easy way up at Lory. Expect a good bit of hike a bike if you venture up into the mountain trails.

For a single trail in the same vicinity, "Ginny" at Bobcat Ridge is awesome, as well as not needing to pay for a parks pass.

During a normal summer, I'd have to also mention Hewlett's/ Young's Gulch's up the Poudre Canyon, but with the extreme Monsoon season we've been experiencing, the creeks are probably raging still.

pain intolerant
    Apr 2006
    EDIT: Never mind. I looked at your profile and all of these suggestions are good ones!

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    hey any of u fort collins guys DH dj or into freeride? looking for more riders from fort collins that head up to the resorts every weekend or ride valmont bike park or any other good dj stuff in the area.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    What's a good ride during the heat of the day? We can drive a bit up into the hills.
    Old n Slow

boxcar
    Quote Originally Posted by no2tracks View Post
    What's a good ride during the heat of the day? We can drive a bit up into the hills.
    Young Gulch is a good one. Pretty wet right now(stream crossings) but lots of shade and is a gradual climb, but techy in spots. out-n-back, around 10-11 miles round trip for the trail. trailhead 13 miles up highway 14. Hewletts is fun but the first 2 miles is pretty open so not a whole lot of shade, but usually less wet. It seems more crowded usually(than young). also up there is dadds and roaring creek. I really like roaring creek, super tech/steep climb up into the trees, where it mellows, and then into meadow, then reverse for a sweet, burly dh! roaring creek probably 50 min. to an hour up the canyon. Dadds, 30 miles up the canyon, mellow climb up and then back down is mellow, fast and flowy dh.

IMO all good options depending on how far you wanna ride/drive up.

boxcar
    Quote Originally Posted by devonness View Post
    hey any of u fort collins guys DH dj or into freeride? looking for more riders from fort collins that head up to the resorts every weekend or ride valmont bike park or any other good dj stuff in the area.
    We do these things of which you speak, however usually with no planning and a packed cooler, but we could try and coordinate...

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    cool well get at me and we can not plan somethin and can pack a cooler

What does a bean mean?!
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by onbelaydave View Post
    You can link trails at HTMP/ Lory SP all day long, or as long as your legs hold out and arguably are the signature rides of Ft. Collins
    What he said

boxcar
    Quote Originally Posted by devonness View Post
    cool well get at me and we can not plan somethin and can pack a cooler
    I pm'd you