mtbr member

Fruita ride stoke

Winters coming I'm gimped up from a freakish moto wreck and trying to figure out how to post videos. let the flaming begin. enjoy if it shows up........ love riding in FrUiTahttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLoKcbE-2x4&feature=player_detailpage
    My bike takes me places school never could!

mtbr member
    Uggggg no worky how does one embed a video from utube inquiring mind wants to learn????

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by T-Coop View Post
    Uggggg no worky how does one embed a video from utube inquiring mind wants to learn????
    So under your youtube video is a tab called share. Copy the link pasted there. Then go to MTBR and create or reply to a post. At the bottom right of the post field there's an option called "Go Advanced". Click that. Then a bunch of options should show up at the top of the post field. Click the one that looks like a film strip icon next to the picture icon. Paste your link in the field and hit ok.

Nice run by the way. We sessioned that a bit and couldn't figure out the last part of the line that you took until we talked to some locals and they showed us where they ride it.
    Narrow is the path to life, few are those who find it.

Team Velveeta™
    Quote Originally Posted by wilsonblur View Post
    So under your youtube video is a tab called share. Copy the link pasted there. Then go to MTBR and create or reply to a post...
    A really simple way that's worked for me, find the string in the address to the video that's part of the v= pair (in your case, v=QLoKcbE-2x4)

then just do open square bracket-youtube-close square bracket v=QLoKcbE-2x4 open square bracket-slash-youtube-close square bracket

(like this only with no spaces: [ youtube ]QLoKcbE-2x4[/ youtube ])

And here it is embedded that way:

Tom Purvis - Salida, CO - http://teamvelveeta.tom-purvis.com

"I like my wimmen like I like my beer--cold and bitter!"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TomP View Post
    A really simple way that's worked for me, find the string in the address to the video that's part of the v= pair (in your case, v=QLoKcbE-2x4)

then just do open square bracket-youtube-close square bracket v=QLoKcbE-2x4 open square bracket-slash-youtube-close square bracket

(like this only with no spaces: [ youtube ]QLoKcbE-2x4[/ youtube ])
    I always screw up the code that way. It really is my issue so I end up just pasting the link and letting MTBR do all the work. Tom is more knowledgable on this part for sure. But now you have two options based on what works best for you should be able to post videos now.

Stand back
    Nice work, Troy. Commitment with a capital C.
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

Motion activated
    Nice work, that looked fast. What happened on the moto?
    Happiness is a warm 2 stroke.

mtbr member
    Nice ride, I used to try that, much respect.

Only flame I an offer is that's Loma, not Fruita.
    ...and the Nun said, "Five bucks, same as in town."

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

So under your youtube video is a tab called share. Copy the link pasted there. Then go to MTBR and create or reply to a post. At the bottom right of the post field there's an option called "Go Advanced". Click that. Then a bunch of options should show up at the top of the post field. Click the one that looks like a film strip icon next to the picture icon. Paste your link in the field and hit ok.

Nice run by the way. We sessioned that a bit and couldn't figure out the last part of the line that you took until we talked to some locals and they showed us where they ride it.
    When you left click on "Share" you'll see "Embed" and "Email". Left click on "Embed", then right click/save on the blue highlighted linky. Paste that linky in your reply.

I've seen more carnage on that drop than clean runs. Good job!
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

My leg feels funny
    Nice man, way to go in there with some speed too

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy View Post
    When you left click on "Share" you'll see "Embed" and "Email". Left click on "Embed", then right click/save on the blue highlighted linky. Paste that linky in your reply.

I've seen more carnage on that drop than clean runs. Good job!
    The last several times I have copied the "embed" link into my posts it has not worked so I quit using it. There are at least three valid ways to post videos so now you have options.

Great work again on the success at Horse Thief.

ridin dirtay
    made that look smooth.
    Last edited by WKD-RDR; 11-01-2013 at 01:02 PM.
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    The last several times I have copied the "embed" link into my posts it has not worked so I quit using it. There are at least three valid ways to post videos so now you have options.

Great work again on the success at Horse Thief.
    What can I say, the way I described is the only way I've ever done it, works every time. With Firefox, that is.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

mtbr member
    Thanks guys!!!! I blew my knee up when my moto started rolling backwards do to my lack of experience with the reklus clutch (automatic for motos). Tried a spinning dismount but got tangled up. uggggg im walking now hopefully ill regain full strength with out surgery. Apparently I am not 1/2 as good on a moto as I think I am....... it is not a mountain bike )

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy View Post
    What can I say, the way I described is the only way I've ever done it, works every time. With Firefox, that is.
    It has worked in the past for me to embed it could be the upgraded Safari. All of the methods listed work.

mtbr member

Try this video

Here is another attempt at a different video......

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    That worked. What method did you use?

mtbr member
    I clicked on "share" on youtube, nothing seemed to happen, I copied the www addresse for grins. Then went to MTBR, clicked on "reply" then went to "advanced" trolled around till I found the symbol for "video" clicked it. Then pasted the link. It worked, I am no computer guru nor am I a grammar/spelling king. But with the help of these guys it wasn't to bad.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I clicked on "share" on youtube, nothing seemed to happen, I copied the www addresse for grins. Then went to MTBR, clicked on "reply" then went to "advanced" trolled around till I found the symbol for "video" clicked it. Then pasted the link. It worked, I am no computer guru nor am I a grammar/spelling king. But with the help of these guys it wasn't to bad.
    "When you left click on "Share" you'll see "Embed" and "Email". Left click on "Embed", then right click/save on the blue highlighted linky. Paste that linky in your reply."

This didn't happen?

Motion activated
    I blew my knee up when my moto started rolling backwards do to my lack of experience with the reklus clutch (automatic for motos). Tried a spinning dismount but got tangled up. uggggg im walking now hopefully ill regain full strength with out surgery. Apparently I am not 1/2 as good on a moto as I think I am....... it is not a mountain bike )
    That sucks, hope you don't have to go under the knife. It's always the little things... I sprained my MCL on a little low side early this year and it's still a nagging injury.

The kinetic and gyroscopic energy stored in a dirt bike can FVck you over real quick. Mountain bikes just don't do that.
    Happiness is a warm 2 stroke.