Perpetually single track

Fruita oil/BLM issue on radio today

10am (and again at 5pm I think) on Colorado Matters on colorado public radio.. 1340am, 1490am, or online at www.cpr.org
    The more out of shape you are, the steeper the hill looks.

rubber side down
    Quote Originally Posted by ibmkidIII
    10am (and again at 5pm I think) on Colorado Matters on colorado public radio.. 1340am, 1490am, or online at www.cpr.org
    I listened to it in my car on the way to work this morning. I didn't hear anything from the BLM rep. that made me think there was any room for rethinking the BLM Leases. The MTB rep. came across very well. Sounds like a good rep. to have for the area. I've been to the North Fruita trail area a bunch of time. Love the rides, but the area itself is pretty hammered already...with the 4x4 destruction, the motocross trails all over...I can't help but think it's a lost cause.

R

Perpetually single track
    Perhaps I'm too full of hope, but I don't believe it's a lost cause. You can't give up on it.
    The more out of shape you are, the steeper the hill looks.

rubber side down
    Quote Originally Posted by ibmkidIII
    Perhaps I'm too full of hope, but I don't believe it's a lost cause. You can't give up on it.
    It just seems to me that energy interests tend to trump recreational interests.

pin 'er up
    Quote Originally Posted by russman
    It just seems to me that energy interests tend to trump recreational interests.
    You could surely be correct, however, in such an open area the two could co-exist VERY easily. We as in the public of America should truly be a voice together. It was said before, but we all 81tch about the Pres. and his taking no action, now that they are trying the mtb community is p1$$ed. See the problem here?? You can have trails and natural resource exploration hand in hand...that is if ALL groups work together. Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by miSSionary; 05-09-2006 at 10:19 AM.
    Black Sheep...where it'ss at!!
    "I'm not known for my patience. Patience is a polite quality and often appropriate, but it rarely gets things done. Impatience, however, is the hunger for results and intolerance for excuses and delays." LA

rubber side down
    Quote Originally Posted by miSSionary
    You could surely be correct, however, in such an open area the two could co-exist VERY easily. We as in the public of America should truly be a voice together. It was said before, but we all 81tch about the Pres. and his taking no action, now that they are trying the mtb community is p1$$ed. See the problem here?? You can have trails and natural resource exploration hand in hand...that is if ALL groups work together. Just my 2 cents.
    That's all well and good, and I fully agree with taking action (I'm very involved in local mtb rights on the front range), but, according to what I've heard, is that they've already started putting in the necessary infrastructure for drilling exploration, and the BLM lease is tomorrow! Public comment had zero effect on the decision making of the BLM in this matter. There was no comment taken by anyone in the BLM to come up with any sort of "master plan" for mtb and exploration to co-exist in this area.

<---smiley==mtber's, wall==gubm't