Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Now Uploading

Fruita Fat Tire Festival shots

The 11th Annual Fruita Fat Tire Festival Clunker Crit shots are up:

http://www.printroom.com/ViewGallery...lery_id=380324

In addition to the Clunker Crit gallery, the Bottle Walk, Vendor Expo and Band (Riveter) photo galleries are now up linked from the FFTF Article page:

http://www.actionphotographic.com/Pa...le_fftf06.html

There's some silly stuff here. Hope you enjoy browsing these pics as much as we did shooting them and riding the Fruita area singletrack.

Cheers,

Dave
    Last edited by mtbdirteater; 05-10-2006 at 10:01 PM. Reason: updated gallery server URL
    [SIZE=2]Just Passing Through: eatin' dirt & crappin' dust[/SIZE]

dirty trail dog
    Are people really willing to spend 7.99 and up for 1 photo? I'm not trying to be a smarta$$, I really want to know if there's a market for that, because if there is, I'm buying a better camera.
    yep...

Now Uploading
    Quote Originally Posted by loadedcarp
    Are people really willing to spend 7.99 and up for 1 photo?
    I appreciate your thriftiness and opinions, I won't be buying a $699.00 wheelset from you either, so no hard feelings.

I'm not trying to be a smarta$$
    My father used to tell me, "son, you're a real smartass"

I said "Yes, but I could have been a real dumbass"

"kid's got a point..."

I really want to know if there's a market for that, because if there is, I'm buying a better camera.
    I was going to buy my grandmother a better camera too in hopes of turning her into a professional sports photographer.

Dave

LSD's so old school
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbdirteater

"kid's got a point..."
    But to be both is truly a significant accomplishment. Glad to see you're working on fatass to hit the trifecta.

banned
    Apr 2006
    Do you really sell those pictures?

Rolling
    Dammit Dave, I got on MtbMom one day for linking to her pay site in the guise of sharing race pix.

so to be fair.....

Gaa-zee-raaaa!
    Everybody's a critic...

I like your photography Dave - I also think that $8 is downright reasonable given that many other local photogs charge $19 + for pics.
    Now with more vitriol!

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla
    Everybody's a critic...

I like your photography Dave - I also think that $8 is downright reasonable given that many other local photogs charge $19 + for pics.
    Thanks for letting me know. Next gathering I will make a point to charge everyone for their pix!...and SPAM mtbr with the links.

$24.95 for Randall!

Now Uploading
    Quote Originally Posted by lidarman
    Dammit Dave, I got on MtbMom one day for linking to her pay site in the guise of sharing race pix.
    Nobody is twisting your arm to order anything, or charging you for looking at them. They are up there for the people that want prints of themselves, or are curious what last weekend looked like. You can lead a horse to water... Knock yourself out if you want to browse the pics.

Cheers,

Dave

Now Uploading
    Quote Originally Posted by MKULTRA
    But to be both is truly a significant accomplishment. Glad to see you're working on fatass to hit the trifecta.
    Ha!

So what did you do last weekend?

Rode Mary's Loop, Horsetheif and Moore Fun Friday. Over to the Bookcliffs to ride Chutes and Ladders, the Edge Cutoff, Frontside and Zippity-Do-Da before heading home. We had a blast, the weather was great.

Cheers,

Dave

Now Uploading

$24.95 for Randall!
    I'll sell you my cat for less.

contains quinine
    Thanks for letting me know. Next gathering I will make a point to charge everyone for their pix!...and SPAM mtbr with the links.
    So you're in charge of the gathering this year?

When is it?
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by Debaser
    So you're in charge of the gathering this year?

When is it?
    I think it was last weekend....see this thread for photos...

Rolling
    Nobody is twisting your arm to order anything, or charging you for looking at them.
    The folks paying for the banner ads aren't twisting my arm either.

I guess there is a threshold with spam where intent to make money is not enough to warrant paying for ad space...It's only when you are rolling in the dough and feel like you should pay for it...right?

I still haven't figured out all the ethics of this stuff.....silly me.

However Dave, I cut you a lot of slack because unlike others who do this, you do have passion and post other things here...But I guess I have a double standard too.

Now Uploading
    The folks paying for the banner ads aren't twisting my arm either.
    Actually, one of them "twisted" my arm and I'm really liking this Flight Fighter bike that I've been riding this spring. I'm climbing and cleaning stuff on this bike that I never thought I could before, but if I recommended you should check out a Flight, you may tell me I'm spamming you here. Hey, I'm not trying to rip on you, but I'm also not going to put 705 JPGs up in this thread to drag down your computer and some people's dial-up connection. So if you want to browse our shots from last weekend at your own pace, you know how, if you don't, then I'm going to tell you right here on this public message board that you don't have to.

Have a good one Rich,

Dave

banned
    Apr 2006
    So you are selling the pictures that you are allowing everyone to see... but only if they want to buy them?

Are people buying those pictures? That is all I want to know.

EDIT - Nevermind. After looking at the pictures I can see that your ONLY reason for taking them was to sell them. Sad really.

LSD's so old school
    Mumble mumble mmmm mum ble mmumble mumble mumble mmmm mum ble mmumble mumble mumble mmmm mum ble mmumble .

Mumble mumble mmmm mum ble mmumble mumble mumble mmmm mum ble mmumble . mumble mumble mmmm mum ble mmumble mumble mumble mmmm mum ble mmumble.

Mumble mumble mmmm mum ble mmumble.
    Sorry Dave, but once again I can't make out a God damn word that you're saying.

user-created
    $24.95 for Randall!
    Randall does not approve of the unlicensed use of his image. As Randall's legal representative, I must ask you to immediately cease and desist.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MKULTRA
    Sorry Dave, but once again I can't make out a God damn word that you're saying.
    I love your quote of Dave. You are my favorite new person!

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by singletrack
    Randall does not approve of the unlicensed use of his image. As Randall's legal representative, I must ask you to immediately cease and desist.
    $9.95 for you....and Randall gets a $3.00 "modeling fee" from every one sold.

dirty trail dog
    I appreciate your thriftiness and opinions, I won't be buying a $699.00 wheelset from you either, so no hard feelings.

"kid's got a point..."

I was going to buy my grandmother a better camera too in hopes of turning her into a professional sports photographer.

Dave
    Wow, way to miss the point, champ. I was being serious. If there's a market, and you actually make coin selling pictures this way, it's worth looking into for an aspiring photographer. But I guess you also have to be real defensive and cop attitudes with everyone that so much as questions your motives in order to sell pictures.
    yep...

Gaa-zee-raaaa!
    Actually, that wasn't directed at anyone in particular, but rather a tongue in cheek comment. Glad I could be of assistance though.

I'll jump in line, just to show I'm one of the guys -

Dave, you' re a twat, and gold Explorers are totally 2003 - so there.
    Now with more vitriol!

Now Uploading
    Wow, way to miss the point, champ. I was being serious. If there's a market, and you actually make coin selling pictures this way, it's worth looking into for an aspiring photographer. But I guess you also have to be real defensive and cop attitudes with everyone that so much as questions your motives in order to sell pictures.
    I don't take anyone too seriously in a forum where people slam and misquote each other, or we really would have a double standard. A lot of people on edge here expecting some type of motives and confrontation, but apparently that's what makes this place so entertaining some days. I'm laughing with you, but you'll have to excuse me if I don't rip on anyone else just to be feeding the flame here. Like Josh said, everyone's a critic.

Cheers,

Dave

LSD's so old school
    and misquote each other
    AHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAhaha!!!!

Misquote. OMG that's rich. Dave, you're such a goober.

pin 'er up
    Actually, one of them "twisted" my arm and I'm really liking this Flight Fighter bike that I've been riding this spring. I'm climbing and cleaning stuff on this bike that I never thought I could before, but if I recommended you should check out a Flight, you may tell me I'm spamming you here. Hey, I'm not trying to rip on you, but I'm also not going to put 705 JPGs up in this thread to drag down your computer and some people's dial-up connection. So if you want to browse our shots from last weekend at your own pace, you know how, if you don't, then I'm going to tell you right here on this public message board that you don't have to.

Have a good one Rich,

Dave
    Dave I like you. But those flight bike guys?? I did a group ride with a guy here on the forum back in 2005 (don't worry, I won't name names). He made fun of how much I paid for my helmet (I didn't tell him actual price anyway as my shops give me great deals) and the guy was an @$$ about it and an @$$ to others in general. In my opinion (everyone, I said my opinion) he was trying to sell me more of a XC bike as a freeride bike (Don't get me wrong, the design looks pretty nice [not sure the frame is worth $1650ish though, and did you guys buy the rear triangle or cut a corner by buying it from like Titus?? Not sure, just asking.]...but a full hit free ride bike it is not, that is what sed rider was pushing it as. Besides, how many free ride bikes, guys bikes, whatever, come with a glitter paint job?? Now if I had a stripper GF she might like it!! It just isn't braced for any type of drop with those kind of bends, once again IMHO). Also, seems to me if I were selling something I might be nice to the potential clients?? Hmmm...makes you wonder! He also said the bikes are for epic rides. He turned at 13 miles already tired and ready to go home (ya man, epic for sure!! ), almost everyone else rode about an hour more and still felt it was a short ride. Once back to the car flight bike boy was off to the hospital as he and his little flight bike fell over ON A NICE DIRT ROAD IN A CAMPGROUND and had to go get stiches in the knee...tuff technical riding those fire roads! You know I am sure the builder is a great guy (unless it is you whom I speak badly of) but if you want to sell more bikes you might find a better sales staff with some people skills. Remember people, just my 2 cents. Now for my spam...GO BUY A BLACK SHEEP...James (james, James, James, thank GOD some people still love their client base!!) that's $5.00 for pointing people to a pic of the perfect bike money will buy!!
    Cheers,
    Cole
    PS~ Dave, you are better at this spam stuff then their actual staff...that is unless now you are one of them...GASP!? Flight Bikes, it's not a bad product until you create a bad experience for the customer, don't flame me on this...TAKE NOTES
    Black Sheep...where it'ss at!!
    "I'm not known for my patience. Patience is a polite quality and often appropriate, but it rarely gets things done. Impatience, however, is the hunger for results and intolerance for excuses and delays." LA

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast