Now Uploading

Fruita Fat Tire Festival shots

The 11th Annual Fruita Fat Tire Festival Clunker Crit shots are up:

http://www.printroom.com/ViewGallery...lery_id=380324

In addition to the Clunker Crit gallery, the Bottle Walk, Vendor Expo and Band (Riveter) photo galleries are now up linked from the FFTF Article page:

http://www.actionphotographic.com/Pa...le_fftf06.html

There's some silly stuff here. Hope you enjoy browsing these pics as much as we did shooting them and riding the Fruita area singletrack.

Cheers,

Dave
    Last edited by mtbdirteater; 05-10-2006 at 09:01 PM. Reason: updated gallery server URL
    Just Passing Through: eatin' dirt & crappin' dust

dirty trail dog
    Are people really willing to spend 7.99 and up for 1 photo? I'm not trying to be a smarta$$, I really want to know if there's a market for that, because if there is, I'm buying a better camera.
    yep...

Now Uploading
    Quote Originally Posted by loadedcarp
    Are people really willing to spend 7.99 and up for 1 photo?
    I appreciate your thriftiness and opinions, I won't be buying a $699.00 wheelset from you either, so no hard feelings.

I'm not trying to be a smarta$$
    My father used to tell me, "son, you're a real smartass"

I said "Yes, but I could have been a real dumbass"

"kid's got a point..."

I really want to know if there's a market for that, because if there is, I'm buying a better camera.
    I was going to buy my grandmother a better camera too in hopes of turning her into a professional sports photographer.

Dave

LSD's so old school
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbdirteater

"kid's got a point..."
    But to be both is truly a significant accomplishment. Glad to see you're working on fatass to hit the trifecta.

banned
    Apr 2006
    Do you really sell those pictures?

Rolling
    Dammit Dave, I got on MtbMom one day for linking to her pay site in the guise of sharing race pix.

so to be fair.....

Gaa-zee-raaaa!
    Everybody's a critic...

I like your photography Dave - I also think that $8 is downright reasonable given that many other local photogs charge $19 + for pics.
    Now with more vitriol!

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla
    Everybody's a critic...

I like your photography Dave - I also think that $8 is downright reasonable given that many other local photogs charge $19 + for pics.
    Thanks for letting me know. Next gathering I will make a point to charge everyone for their pix!...and SPAM mtbr with the links.

$24.95 for Randall!

Now Uploading
    Quote Originally Posted by lidarman
    Dammit Dave, I got on MtbMom one day for linking to her pay site in the guise of sharing race pix.
    Nobody is twisting your arm to order anything, or charging you for looking at them. They are up there for the people that want prints of themselves, or are curious what last weekend looked like. You can lead a horse to water... Knock yourself out if you want to browse the pics.

Cheers,

Dave

Now Uploading
    Quote Originally Posted by MKULTRA
    But to be both is truly a significant accomplishment. Glad to see you're working on fatass to hit the trifecta.
    Ha!

So what did you do last weekend?

Rode Mary's Loop, Horsetheif and Moore Fun Friday. Over to the Bookcliffs to ride Chutes and Ladders, the Edge Cutoff, Frontside and Zippity-Do-Da before heading home. We had a blast, the weather was great.

Cheers,

Dave

Now Uploading

$24.95 for Randall!
    I'll sell you my cat for less.

contains quinine
    Thanks for letting me know. Next gathering I will make a point to charge everyone for their pix!...and SPAM mtbr with the links.
    So you're in charge of the gathering this year?

When is it?
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by Debaser
    So you're in charge of the gathering this year?

When is it?
    I think it was last weekend....see this thread for photos...

Rolling
    Nobody is twisting your arm to order anything, or charging you for looking at them.
    The folks paying for the banner ads aren't twisting my arm either.

I guess there is a threshold with spam where intent to make money is not enough to warrant paying for ad space...It's only when you are rolling in the dough and feel like you should pay for it...right?

I still haven't figured out all the ethics of this stuff.....silly me.

However Dave, I cut you a lot of slack because unlike others who do this, you do have passion and post other things here...But I guess I have a double standard too.

Now Uploading
    The folks paying for the banner ads aren't twisting my arm either.
    Actually, one of them "twisted" my arm and I'm really liking this Flight Fighter bike that I've been riding this spring. I'm climbing and cleaning stuff on this bike that I never thought I could before, but if I recommended you should check out a Flight, you may tell me I'm spamming you here. Hey, I'm not trying to rip on you, but I'm also not going to put 705 JPGs up in this thread to drag down your computer and some people's dial-up connection. So if you want to browse our shots from last weekend at your own pace, you know how, if you don't, then I'm going to tell you right here on this public message board that you don't have to.

Have a good one Rich,

Dave

banned
    Apr 2006
    So you are selling the pictures that you are allowing everyone to see... but only if they want to buy them?

Are people buying those pictures? That is all I want to know.

EDIT - Nevermind. After looking at the pictures I can see that your ONLY reason for taking them was to sell them. Sad really.

LSD's so old school
    Mumble mumble mmmm mum ble mmumble mumble mumble mmmm mum ble mmumble mumble mumble mmmm mum ble mmumble .

Mumble mumble mmmm mum ble mmumble mumble mumble mmmm mum ble mmumble . mumble mumble mmmm mum ble mmumble mumble mumble mmmm mum ble mmumble.

Mumble mumble mmmm mum ble mmumble.
    Sorry Dave, but once again I can't make out a God damn word that you're saying.

user-created
    $24.95 for Randall!
    Randall does not approve of the unlicensed use of his image. As Randall's legal representative, I must ask you to immediately cease and desist.

mtbr member
    Sorry Dave, but once again I can't make out a God damn word that you're saying.
    I love your quote of Dave. You are my favorite new person!
    ... powered by donuts ...

C3 bike shops

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by singletrack
    Randall does not approve of the unlicensed use of his image. As Randall's legal representative, I must ask you to immediately cease and desist.
    $9.95 for you....and Randall gets a $3.00 "modeling fee" from every one sold.

dirty trail dog
    I appreciate your thriftiness and opinions, I won't be buying a $699.00 wheelset from you either, so no hard feelings.

"kid's got a point..."

I was going to buy my grandmother a better camera too in hopes of turning her into a professional sports photographer.

Dave
    Wow, way to miss the point, champ. I was being serious. If there's a market, and you actually make coin selling pictures this way, it's worth looking into for an aspiring photographer. But I guess you also have to be real defensive and cop attitudes with everyone that so much as questions your motives in order to sell pictures.
    yep...

Gaa-zee-raaaa!
    Actually, that wasn't directed at anyone in particular, but rather a tongue in cheek comment. Glad I could be of assistance though.

I'll jump in line, just to show I'm one of the guys -

Dave, you' re a twat, and gold Explorers are totally 2003 - so there.
    Now with more vitriol!

Now Uploading
    Wow, way to miss the point, champ. I was being serious. If there's a market, and you actually make coin selling pictures this way, it's worth looking into for an aspiring photographer. But I guess you also have to be real defensive and cop attitudes with everyone that so much as questions your motives in order to sell pictures.
    I don't take anyone too seriously in a forum where people slam and misquote each other, or we really would have a double standard. A lot of people on edge here expecting some type of motives and confrontation, but apparently that's what makes this place so entertaining some days. I'm laughing with you, but you'll have to excuse me if I don't rip on anyone else just to be feeding the flame here. Like Josh said, everyone's a critic.

Cheers,

Dave

LSD's so old school
    and misquote each other
    AHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAhaha!!!!

Misquote. OMG that's rich. Dave, you're such a goober.

pin 'er up
    Actually, one of them "twisted" my arm and I'm really liking this Flight Fighter bike that I've been riding this spring. I'm climbing and cleaning stuff on this bike that I never thought I could before, but if I recommended you should check out a Flight, you may tell me I'm spamming you here. Hey, I'm not trying to rip on you, but I'm also not going to put 705 JPGs up in this thread to drag down your computer and some people's dial-up connection. So if you want to browse our shots from last weekend at your own pace, you know how, if you don't, then I'm going to tell you right here on this public message board that you don't have to.

Have a good one Rich,

Dave
    Dave I like you. But those flight bike guys?? I did a group ride with a guy here on the forum back in 2005 (don't worry, I won't name names). He made fun of how much I paid for my helmet (I didn't tell him actual price anyway as my shops give me great deals) and the guy was an @$$ about it and an @$$ to others in general. In my opinion (everyone, I said my opinion) he was trying to sell me more of a XC bike as a freeride bike (Don't get me wrong, the design looks pretty nice [not sure the frame is worth $1650ish though, and did you guys buy the rear triangle or cut a corner by buying it from like Titus?? Not sure, just asking.]...but a full hit free ride bike it is not, that is what sed rider was pushing it as. Besides, how many free ride bikes, guys bikes, whatever, come with a glitter paint job?? Now if I had a stripper GF she might like it!! It just isn't braced for any type of drop with those kind of bends, once again IMHO). Also, seems to me if I were selling something I might be nice to the potential clients?? Hmmm...makes you wonder! He also said the bikes are for epic rides. He turned at 13 miles already tired and ready to go home (ya man, epic for sure!! ), almost everyone else rode about an hour more and still felt it was a short ride. Once back to the car flight bike boy was off to the hospital as he and his little flight bike fell over ON A NICE DIRT ROAD IN A CAMPGROUND and had to go get stiches in the knee...tuff technical riding those fire roads! You know I am sure the builder is a great guy (unless it is you whom I speak badly of) but if you want to sell more bikes you might find a better sales staff with some people skills. Remember people, just my 2 cents. Now for my spam...GO BUY A BLACK SHEEP...James (james, James, James, thank GOD some people still love their client base!!) that's $5.00 for pointing people to a pic of the perfect bike money will buy!!
    Cheers,
    Cole
    PS~ Dave, you are better at this spam stuff then their actual staff...that is unless now you are one of them...GASP!? Flight Bikes, it's not a bad product until you create a bad experience for the customer, don't flame me on this...TAKE NOTES
    Black Sheep...where it'ss at!!
    "I'm not known for my patience. Patience is a polite quality and often appropriate, but it rarely gets things done. Impatience, however, is the hunger for results and intolerance for excuses and delays." LA

Now Uploading
    Quote Originally Posted by miSSionary
    Dave I like you. But those flight bike guys??
    I'm not picking sides here or commenting on anyone's personality on any given day. I'm riding a Flight because I like riding it, specifically climbing on it. I have eight bikes, if I didn't like it, I'd give the frame back to him. Yes, it's a pre-production and Flight is an Action Photographic sponsor. I can still jump on my Blur LT, but I climb better on this Flight Fighter. If I didn't have it though, I'd probably buy a Blur XC, a Yeti AS-R or a Titus. I like riding this Flight though. I had a blast riding it at Fruita last weekend. But that may be because it's the first lightweight full-suspension XC/trailbike that I've had that I can actually climb well on. I've got mine built up as a light trailbike with light wheels, but I still like riding the Hogback on it. I like my Blur LT too, but it fels a lot heavier. And I'm not comparing this Fighter to my Bullit, this Fighter is not a freeride frame. It's made to ride trails, not huck off cliffs or bomb down DH courses.

Besides, how many free ride bikes, guys bikes, whatever, come with a glitter paint job??
    Mine is red, no glitter anything for me, no thanks.

It just isn't braced for any type of drop with those kind of bends, once again IMHO).
    I beat the cr@p out of mine last weekend on the Fruita trails. Still trying to break it. That's the point of pre-production testing. We got the bikes to ride and test them. I like mine or I wouldn't be riding it, I have other bikes.

As far as your comments on Flight the company and the guy you speak of, you'd have to talk to him (Mike); I'm just riding a frame, I'm not responsible for his bike skills or personal responses, it's not my company. I just like riding the bike, I'm not judging anyone, especially from comments on this board. But after seeing that bike Mike's riding, I will say that you'll never see me riding anything with glitter on it.

I like the preproduction, but I do not have a production frame to ride and test yet. If I like the production frame, if it handles as good as this one, with the production changes, I'll keep riding it. If not, I may end up with three Santa Cruz bikes or a Yeti.

Cheers,

Dave

pin 'er up
    See Dave this is what I am saying, you seem to have more passion for the bike than this Mike. Like I said I am just knocking his people skills (well and his riding...because he wasn't what he claimed to be and well...because he dogged my helmet rather than try to sell a product he believes in!! :mad2: Atleast I know I can be childish, thus I gripe about my experience). You have already put forth a better image than he has. You have also claimed a differing openion of what that bike does...I think you hit it much better!! Anywhoo, I'll just keep buying from James and I am sure if anyone here gets a flight they will like it...maybe just not how it originated.
    Cole
    "I'm not known for my patience. Patience is a polite quality and often appropriate, but it rarely gets things done. Impatience, however, is the hunger for results and intolerance for excuses and delays." LA

Product engineer
    Dave I like you. But those flight bike guys?? I did a group ride with a guy here on the forum back in 2005 (don't worry, I won't name names). He made fun of how much I paid for my helmet (I didn't tell him actual price anyway as my shops give me great deals) and the guy was an @$$ about it and an @$$ to others in general. In my opinion (everyone, I said my opinion) he was trying to sell me more of a XC bike as a freeride bike (Don't get me wrong, the design looks pretty nice [not sure the frame is worth $1650ish though, and did you guys buy the rear triangle or cut a corner by buying it from like Titus?? Not sure, just asking.]...but a full hit free ride bike it is not, that is what sed rider was pushing it as. Besides, how many free ride bikes, guys bikes, whatever, come with a glitter paint job?? Now if I had a stripper GF she might like it!! It just isn't braced for any type of drop with those kind of bends, once again IMHO). Also, seems to me if I were selling something I might be nice to the potential clients?? Hmmm...makes you wonder! He also said the bikes are for epic rides. He turned at 13 miles already tired and ready to go home (ya man, epic for sure!! ), almost everyone else rode about an hour more and still felt it was a short ride. Once back to the car flight bike boy was off to the hospital as he and his little flight bike fell over ON A NICE DIRT ROAD IN A CAMPGROUND and had to go get stiches in the knee...tuff technical riding those fire roads! You know I am sure the builder is a great guy (unless it is you whom I speak badly of) but if you want to sell more bikes you might find a better sales staff with some people skills. Remember people, just my 2 cents. Cole

MMMM, just had to bring me into this huh??? Well i suppose any advertising is good, so say what you want, long as you spell the name right.
    Hey the "flakes" caught your attention didnt it? Didnt Schwinn, paint their homegrown frames with flakes, Oh that's right.... Some people love it some people dont, So I guess Pink being the "new" white wont work for you either huh? OH WAIT, PAINT IS DIRECTLY RELATED TO PERFORMANCE, I FORGOT:mad2:
    All parts of the frames are made RIGHT HERE IN DENVER.
    And NO, I wasnt trying to sell it as a freeride bike, dont know where they hell you got that from, Nor, did i "claim to be" any "type of rider", you gotta stop pulling stuff out of your ass! Remember a little bit of knowledge can be a dangerous thing! But I'll bet YOU have a better memory of this than me, almost, what, 8 months later, right??? In fact I wasn't trying to "sell" it i was there just to ride, I don't talk that much unless someone asks, I didnt talk much during that ride anyway, And I dont recall talking to you much, so I dont know what you were hearing, but I dont see how you could have been paying much attention. BUT ID APPRECIATE IT IF YOU KEEP YOUR UNINFORMED OPINION TO YOURSELF, PLEASE DONT SKEW THINGS TO YOUR INGORANT POINT OF VIEW.
    I didn't make fun of how much you paid, I just thought it was a lot, for a piece of foam, I don't even like paying what I pay as it is.
    Of Course did it ever occur to you maybe you are an A$$??? What???, NOoooo... that couldn't be...
    I came with a few other people and wanted to say with them, which is why I turned around, even took me a couple minutes to decide at that (bet you dont remember that do you??) and I was staying with the front half of the pack most of the time anyway.

Yes I had an accident, that required me to go to the Emergency room, thats why its called and ACCIDENT!, Were you there? did you see it??? NO! OK yeah, YOU, are the A$$HOLE. So I suppose you might be confused when people treat you the way you are. I think you see things the way you want to see them, rather than how they actually are.

Tell your freinds!!:wink5:

Its a free world, so please feel free to shut the hell up.

Perhaps You, should use "IMAHO" Just so people know to take it with a teaspoon of salt.
    Im not going to argue with you, or anyone else but I will defend my self. So I wont bother to reply to any rebuttal.

Remember the golden rule children!
    FLIGHT BIKES bikes by Colorado riders.
    Like us on FaceBook!

LSD's so old school
    Quote Originally Posted by DiveBomber
    MMMM, just had to bring me into this huh??? Well i suppose any advertising is good, so say what you want, long as you spell the name right.
    Hey the "flakes" caught your attention didnt it? Didnt Schwinn, paint their homegrown frames with flakes, Oh that's right.... Some people love it some people dont, So I guess Pink being the "new" white wont work for you either huh? OH WAIT, PAINT IS DIRECTLY RELATED TO PERFORMANCE, I FORGOT:mad2:
    And NO, I wasnt trying to sell it as a freeride bike, dont know where they hell you got that from, Nor, did i "claim to be" any "type of rider", you gotta stop pulling stuff out of your ass! Remember a little bit of knowledge can be a dangerous thing! But I'll bet YOU have a better memory of this than me, almost, what, 8 months later, right??? In fact I wasn't trying to "sell" it i was there just to ride, I don't talk that much unless someone asks, I didnt talk much during that ride anyway, And I dont recall talking to you much, so I dont know what you were hearing, but I dont see how you could have been paying much attention. BUT ID APPRECIATE IT IF YOU KEEP YOUR UNINFORMED OPINION TO YOURSELF, PLEASE DONT SKEW THINGS TO YOUR INGORANT POINT OF VIEW.
    I didn't make fun of how much you paid, I just thought it was a lot, for a piece of foam, I don't even like paying what I pay as it is.
    Of Course did it ever occur to you maybe you are an A$$??? What???, NOoooo... that couldn't be...
    I came with a few other people and wanted to say with them, which is why I turned around, even took me a couple minutes to decide at that (bet you dont remember that do you??) and I was staying with the front half of the pack most of the time anyway.

Yes I had an accident, that required me to go to the Emergency room, thats why its called and ACCIDENT!, Were you there? did you see it??? NO! OK yeah, YOU, are the A$$HOLE. So I suppose you might be confused when people treat you the way you are. I think you see things the way you want to see them, rather than how they actually are.

Perhaps You, should use "IMAHO" Just so people know to take it with a teaspoon of salt.
    Im not going to argue with you, or anyone else but I will defend my self. So I wont bother to reply to any rebuttal.

Who the heck is Flight Bikes? We're riders. We like to ride. And when we're not doing that, we like to turn off countless local buyers by having our stupid hissy fits publicly on an internet message board.

Hey, sure, we may be run by guys who aren't the sharpest tools in the shed, but we we've got at least one real dull tool in town that likes our bikes aplenty.

Now Uploading

Thread Re-Jack

Sigh...

Alright, back to work.

Carry on...

Product engineer
    the more hits the merrier!
    FLIGHT BIKES bikes by Colorado riders.
    Like us on FaceBook!

Now Uploading
    Who the heck...
    Keep digging buddy, you're almost down there.

pin 'er up
    Quote Originally Posted by DiveBomber

No, I didn't bring you into this and it was DAVE doing the name dropping. You are proving my point by your comments, I'm not fighting with you though I am off to race...Have fun bashing me in the meantime, divebomer, you are an @$$ and did make fun of the same helmet in all the flight bike pics that YOU ARE WEARING IN THE PICS, good luck in life, I'll be out riding my Black Sheep!
    MKULTRA, if this is your company I would re-think who speaks on your behalf. Like I said I like the design of it and am not going to play he said she said with divebomer. Your product needs better representation than he offers, the rest of the people on flight bikes seem pretty genuine...Dave and Coolhandlukes (i think?).

LSD's so old school
    MKULTRA, if this is your company I would re-think who speaks on your behalf. Like I said I like the design of it and am not going to play he said she said with divebomer. Your product needs better representation than he offers, the rest of the people on flight bikes seem pretty genuine...Dave and Coolhandlukes (i think?).
    Heck no, it's not my company! If it were I'd fire that idiot DiveBomber on the spot, and hire an on-site speech therapist for my customers who badly need the services.

Trail Sanitizer
    If you're going to throw Black Sheep out there as the poster child for quality customer service, don't. I've got a long, comical and outright sad tale about my friend's dealings with them that I could share. Talk about a PR nightmare.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Flight guys

I must say I had a very different experience with the Flight Guys. I saw their ad in the Last months Dirt Rag saw they were in the denver area and called to go on a test ride with them. I meet them a couple weeks ago at Lair o' the Bear. We had a good ride, they had too wait for me on the climbs cause i'm a flat lander and the whole altitude thing im still ajusting too. Anyway Mike and the other guys were great to talk too, very knowledgeable, but didn't go out of their way to sell me the bike. They let the bike speak for itself, which I really enjoyed. I am in the process of looking for a new bike for this summer and right now the fighter is at the top of the list.
    I have worked in bike shops for a long time and I know the difference between good and bad customer service having dealt with every major bike company and supplier for over 8 years. Every one has bad days, but the flight guys treated me as a fellow rider not a customer. I would have no problem buying a bike from them and know that they would back it up with good customer service. Thats just my opinion.

mtbr member
    stripper girlfriend
    I have no doubt your post made tons of sense but this was all I heard.