single track ****

Frosty elkin at bobcat

Few shots from Bobcat ride this am. Was a bit nippy,but so worth it.Couple inches of freshies on the ground, elk up top, and no noise except for the crunching snow & my labored breathing. Donated a couple lung mustard pancakes to the trail gods, from last wks flu, and I'm feeling like a brand-new 2nd-hand. Yeeeee haaaw. Have a good wk all.
    Attached Images Attached Images

trail waggler

Good stuff!...

Great shots, I'd like to get up there and ride that trail.
    MY dog can lick YOUR dog!

drinks from the fountain
    Sweet Miguel! Did you ride the single all the way from home? Your passion (addiction?) for riding is truly inspirational Thanks for the hit.
    pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Feeding your addiction
    Quote Originally Posted by front range migz
    Few shots from Bobcat ride this am. Was a bit nippy,but so worth it.Couple inches of freshies on the ground, elk up top, and no noise except for the crunching snow & my labored breathing. Donated a couple lung mustard pancakes to the trail gods, from last wks flu, and I'm feeling like a brand-new 2nd-hand. Yeeeee haaaw. Have a good wk all.
    Freshies, nice!!! Thought about hitting that today but had too much work to do, made it out for a quickie on the Backbone late in the day though. We need to ride sometime, been way too long.

Larry
    Mountain High Cyclery
    larry@mtnhighcyclery.com
    "It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity". - Dave Barry

single track ****
    Thanks Guys. You do need to check out this trail Dave. Great views, and just a notch easier than the easy Crosier climb. All the switchbacks make it feel like Berndog built it Drove to the trail Travis-just a quick 1.5 hr before work ride to keep me straight. Hope you and family are well, and that you're managing some rides yourself. Holler at me if you come back to the motherland anytime soon.Larry- I'm going to try and hit it again tomorrow,and/or Fri morning around 8:30 ish if you want to meet up.Miguel

OMG!
    nice ride i especially like that last shot

Card Carrying Member
    Great pics. My favorite FR ride... the climb, the dh, terrain... all of it. Great stuff.

mtbr member
    Great pics! Forgive my northern ignorance, but where is this trail? I assume around Golden and points southwest? I need to get down south more and explore.

holding back the darkness
    nope. not golden. not even close. gotta go north!
    **** censorship

Rolling
    since it's not a secret stash

http://fcgov.com/naturalareas/bobcat.php

mtbr member
    "Samsonite! I was waaaay off!!!!"

MK_
    carpe maņana
    Any tips on how to make the most out of the trail system?

_MK

single track ****

take the Ginny trail

Quote Originally Posted by MK_
    Any tips on how to make the most out of the trail system?

_MK

Take the Ginny trail to the end, and hang up your hammock on a sunny day.Nap one hr. Awake feeling refreshed, and to the smell of the fish taco lunch you've had flown up there via helicopter. Finish lunch with the beverage of your choice. Turn around, and go back down the Ginny trail. Hey you said make the most out of it right? Actually there's only one real trail there- the Ginny, so take it to the end , and then reverse is best plan. There's a loop trail at bottom of Ginny that's pretty wide, and great for beginners, or a warm up. Tale left turns out of the parking area, and you'll run right into Ginny.

MK_
    carpe maņana
    Quote Originally Posted by front range migz
    Take the Ginny trail to the end, and hang up your hammock on a sunny day.Nap one hr. Awake feeling refreshed, and to the smell of the fish taco lunch you've had flown up there via helicopter. Finish lunch with the beverage of your choice. Turn around, and go back down the Ginny trail. Hey you said make the most out of it right? Actually there's only one real trail there- the Ginny, so take it to the end , and then reverse is best plan. There's a loop trail at bottom of Ginny that's pretty wide, and great for beginners, or a warm up. Tale left turns out of the parking area, and you'll run right into Ginny.
    That's a bummer. I was hoping one could connect up something good and long. I guess I can do the Valley loop first, then ride Ginny to warrant the drive.
    Thanks.

_MK

single track ****

additional miles.

Quote Originally Posted by MK_
    That's a bummer. I was hoping one could connect up something good and long. I guess I can do the Valley loop first, then ride Ginny to warrant the drive.
    Thanks.

_MK

You could park at Backbone,Lory , Coyote,etc, and ride over there to add miles. It's a short rd ride from Horsetooth. You could also ride into Natl Forest from the top, go down Storm Mountain to Devils Gulch Rd., do a Crosier Mtn variation, and then reverse back. Once it gets warmer I'll post up for a Estes to Ft. Collins group ride(a shuttle of sorts) incorporating this trail.

Helmet Tester
    Jul 2004

Ahhh, so those were your tracks I saw ...

I didn't take the bike, but I did manage to drag myself out for an early morning hike up Ginny the other day. Saw the tire tracks when I got back down to my truck. Must have just missed you on top. Did you take Ginny or the Power road to the top? Great photos ... what a beautiful, if frigid, morning.

single track ****

yup

Quote Originally Posted by jeffman
    I didn't take the bike, but I did manage to drag myself out for an early morning hike up Ginny the other day. Saw the tire tracks when I got back down to my truck. Must have just missed you on top. Did you take Ginny or the Power road to the top? Great photos ... what a beautiful, if frigid, morning.

I saw your truck in lot I think. I went up the service rd. Saw some hiking tracks once I got to main high point on Ginny. Beautiful indeed. I 'll say hi if I notice your truck out there again.