Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Front Range Wildlife

1K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  cocavaak 
#1 ·
It's always amazed me all the animals in such proximity to population centers in CO.

Got some good photos to share? This one might be a bit odd...At Devil's Backbone in Loveland.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
The Squeaky Wheel said:
When I first moved here Larry told me about the Zebra on Devil's Backbone.
I thought it was like a snipe hunt until I saw it for myself. Trippy.
I've lived about a mile and a half from DBB for 2 years, and never saw the zebra. Guess I might head over there this afternoon.

#10 ·
I still haven't seen that zebra either.

There is a goat that has joined a mule deer group I frequently see behind the ColoState stadium and up on top of Maxwell and sometimes over the ridge by shoreline. It's funny to see the deer take off and this goat booking behind them like the little black sheep of the bunch.

#11 ·
A Zebra? WTF? I didn't have my camera but yesterday at White Ranch on my way up Belcher Hill trail from 93 I was taking a much needed breather and an Eagle flew over my head only about 10 feet away! I heard his large wings flap and looked up amazed. He was just catching the current in that valley for quite some time. Pretty cool for sure.

#12 ·
bear

I was road riding up Old Stage near Boulder when I saw a black bear sitting by the side of the road. I was ridng up hill so going slow and passed within 10 feet of him. He just sat there watching. I talked to him a little bit. I think that's near where a gal bombing downhill during a triathlon hit a bear - they were both all right.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.