fsp
    obey!

The Front Range by Night

Hey,

I've got a q. I work 16 hour days in front of a computer. By the time I'm done, it's usually 2 am, and I'm all antsy to get out and do something adventurous. Except... it's 2 am. As far as I've been told, all the open space parks & whatnot close in the evening. So... does anyone know of a place that's good for a night hike or ride? I have to do something, or I'll turn into a pudgy little blob, probably with disentary, by the time I finally get to cut my work hours in half this summer. But mostly, I just miss being outside, & it's especially nice being out under the stars when the air is calm & cool.

Well, if anyone knows of anything, it'd greatly appreciated. Not really knowing anyone in this state yet, I don't have anyone else to ask. I hope it's not frowned upon to ask about this sort of thing.

Thanks!
    fsp

n00b eternal
    Quote Originally Posted by fsp
    Hey,

I've got a q. I work 16 hour days in front of a computer. By the time I'm done, it's usually 2 am, and I'm all antsy to get out and do something adventurous. Except... it's 2 am. As far as I've been told, all the open space parks & whatnot close in the evening. So... does anyone know of a place that's good for a night hike or ride? I have to do something, or I'll turn into a pudgy little blob, probably with disentary, by the time I finally get to cut my work hours in half this summer. But mostly, I just miss being outside, & it's especially nice being out under the stars when the air is calm & cool.

Well, if anyone knows of anything, it'd greatly appreciated. Not really knowing anyone in this state yet, I don't have anyone else to ask. I hope it's not frowned upon to ask about this sort of thing.

Thanks!
    fsp
    I can sympathize... I usually try to squeeze out hours in the middle of the day and work from home late at night. Where do you live? In the Springs we go on midnight road rides up Gold Camp or maybe urban terrorism downtown... sometimes.

fsp
    obey!
    Wow! That'd be pretty cool. I'm up in Denver, but I may actually be spending a bit of time in the Springs if this new project goes through. Gold Camp... Hm. I'll make a note of it, & next time I get down there, I'll try a few practice runs at it to see if I don't spit out my teeth trying to muscle up it. Some of the everyday climbs you guys ride out here are serious works of art. I figured I'd try to make a twice weekly ritual of climbing Mt Evans this summer to try to get some climbing conditioning & maybe hang with a group ride eventually. Just thinkin...

Thanks for the reply!
    fsp

mtbr member
    Being a night person I have been climbing the Flatirons a few times at night. To tell you the truth I have never seen them in day light other than from town LOL. You can find trails to hike around them.

fsp
    obey!
    Oh cool! The flatirons look monsterous and imposing. I thought if there was a way to get up in there, it'd be neat. Maybe I'll run up there in a little bit. Thx

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    As far as I know, Green Mountain is the legal trail to ride on after hours. I know there were three groups doing night rides, but all would end well before your estimated start time.