Perpetually single track

Front Range MTBR Gathering Aug5th -> Aug.7th-- volunteers needed

Howdy all, there's a subset of the Front Range Forum members working to get a MTBR gathering organized for this summer.

If you're interested in helping, I would like to hear from you. Please PM/post me your email and I'll get you added to our yahoogroup:
    Frontrange_MTBR@yahoogroups.com

More information can be found here:
    http://kirkmetz.com/mtbr_fr_gathering.html

Thanks,
    Kirk
    Attached Images Attached Images

eci
    as long as im not in pa i will help out!

Perpetually single track
    Yo Todd, PM me your real email addy.

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!

I'll help

Quote Originally Posted by ibmkidIII
    Howdy all, there's a subset of the Front Range Forum members working to get a MTBR gathering organized for this summer.

If you're interested in helping, I would like to hear from you. Please PM/post me your email and I'll get you added to our yahoogroup:
    Frontrange_MTBR@yahoogroups.com

More information can be found here:
    http://kirkmetz.com/mtbr_fr_gathering.html

Thanks,
    Kirk
    I'm up for sweep on the Commando and as a lead/sweep at Keystone. Tiger Run is probably do-able too but I would like to see where my vacation level is closer to August before commiting.

Perpetually single track
    Awesome...Kristian, feels good to have the caliber person of you and Rich on board (in any fashion). (not to belittle any buddy else signed up, just these guys have done gatherings before). You already should be getting the emails from the front range distro list...let me know if we have the wrong address for you.

If you need me to call in sick for you on that Friday, I'd be more than happy to.

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    Awesome...Kristian, feels good to have the caliber person of you and Rich on board (in any fashion). (not to belittle any buddy else signed up, just these guys have done gatherings before). You already should be getting the emails from the front range distro list...let me know if we have the wrong address for you.

If you need me to call in sick for you on that Friday, I'd be more than happy to.
    I would probably be getting those emails at a yahoo account right? I haven't logged on or checked anything there since I signed up for it (I don't remember either my password or user name)... If there is anything you need from me, shoot me an email at the hotmail account or PM me here.

rr
    I don't do PC
    Hey Kirk, I'm interested in the gathering and would like to meet everyone, planning on doing a few races this season so as long as there is no schedule conflict I will be there. I will be happy to help also where needed.

Could we setup a group shuttle from Kenosha into Breck for the 5th as an option for those interested?, I will be happy to lead/sweep the group. Those interested could fiqure out the shuttle issue or if there is someone available to drive the group over to Kenosha pass, that would be ideal. No big deal if it's too much of a hassle, it's such a cool ride though I thought some might be interested.
    -Rick
    rroeder@adelphia.net

eci

bad news

Yo Todd, PM me your real email addy.
    turns out the wedding is that weekend... Sorry man i wish i could help out

Perpetually single track
    no worries.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

night ride

any interest in a night ride seeing your gonna be in my backyard????

Perpetually single track
    Wow, didn't know we had any dillon folk in the room. I like the idea, but the way I forsee this going, most people are drunk by say 8ish....so the night riding may not work so well depending. Either way, we'd love it if you could show.

Bodhisattva
    Kirk,
    I'm a little late to the party here. Mind's been on skiing these days, not biking.
    I've run Commando up on Vail Pass down to Minturn and can likely help out, but really can't confirm until things get closer. Definitely better as a shuttle ride with cars on Vail Pass & Minturn as oppossed to out & back (yikes).

Another great ride in Vail would be to climb up the moutain, descend down to Minturn, then up n' over Meadow Mtn to Eagle-Vail. Easy fireroad climbs and delicious mtn singletrack descents through wildflowers & aspen groves.
    Life....the original terminal illness

Perpetually single track
    Hey Squeak, PM me your email and I'll get you added to the yahoo groups distro list.....FWIW, I think we have most of the rides already choosen....may pick up a few more though if it seems we have a big crowd.

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Quote Originally Posted by The Squeaky Wheel
    Kirk,
    I'm a little late to the party here. Mind's been on skiing these days, not biking.
    Must not have gotten the Pack in yet then huh?

Bodhisattva
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdub
    Must not have gotten the Pack in yet then huh?
    How'd ya guess?

Looking like mid to late February, which is about what I expected given that the original date was mid-late January. The Fox 36 are due later this month.

But been real short on time and have been battling a head cold which has limited my riding. We've been heading to our place in Vail every weekend, and then I need a day or two of recovery time since we get home late Sunday. Add the weather and my cold to the mix and the result is no time on the bike for Mr.Squeaky.

Will see you tomorrow night.
    Life....the original terminal illness

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

drunk by 8 pm?????????

Wow, didn't know we had any dillon folk in the room. I like the idea, but the way I forsee this going, most people are drunk by say 8ish....so the night riding may not work so well depending. Either way, we'd love it if you could show.
    too bad you will be drunk by 8pm seeing the sunsets about 8:30..are you thinking about camping at tiger run road??will do my best to be there riding with ya....dont forget about riding in breck area...

Perpetually single track
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u
    too bad you will be drunk by 8pm seeing the sunsets about 8:30..are you thinking about camping at tiger run road??will do my best to be there riding with ya....dont forget about riding in breck area...
    Oh yeah...with the short days right now, I forget how late the sun sets in summer. Honestly I assume we'll be hanging out by the fire BSing, by the time night ride times comes around, but who knows.

Not sure on camping yet (though we need to figure it out soon). I believe Scrublover is working that. Need to prod him on that. Tiger Run rd. is just "free for all" camping right? We'll need to go the official route and reserve spots to make sure we got enough places...though if we could score some stuff up there it'd be ideal. Like right where the CT crosses tiger run rd up there.

Riding in Breck? I REALLY don't know about most of the stuff in Summit county, so let me know some details pls!
    The more out of shape you are, the steeper the hill looks.

contains quinine
    Not sure on camping yet (though we need to figure it out soon). I believe Scrublover is working that. Need to prod him on that. Tiger Run rd. is just "free for all" camping right? We'll need to go the official route and reserve spots to make sure we got enough places...though if we could score some stuff up there it'd be ideal. Like right where the CT crosses tiger run rd up there.
    White River National Forest Campgrounds:

http://www.fs.fed.us/r2/whiteriver/r...le/index.shtml

Group Camping:

http://www.fs.fed.us/r2/whiteriver/r...cg/index.shtml
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

camping and breck riding

i dont get up to that section of the tiger road too often but once ya get past the trophy homes theres camping spots.. right by the ct section is some nice spots..i have only done a few rides in breck but is all good up here..i guess it will take a little scouting/riding party in june to scope things out...

trail waggler

You bet....

I'm willing to sweep and or recommend quality Colorado IPAs...sounds like good stuff, thanks for steppin' up Capt'n K....oh, and always bring lights, never know when to itch to ride can strike