mtbr member
    Apr 2008

New question here. Front Range Living Choices: Lease up in Boulder, where to?

Well, my first 5 months of living in Boulder have been fine and dandy, but just got the lease renewal notice today and I'm not stoked by the offer...so, I'm thinking about where else I can live along the Front Range and possibly have better access to better trails...possibly with a lower rent rate...

I work in Westminster (120th and Huron). My schedule is erratic, work 12 hour shifts, some nights, some days, so I would not be hitting normal commuter hours and don't have as many commuter trips as the normal 9-5 worker. My current drive is ~20 miles/20-25 mins. +/- 5-10 wouldn't be a big deal.

I'd like to be in the $700-1000 range for a one or two-bed with w/d if possible.

And of course, the closer to trails the better. I do a significant amount of trail running in addition to MTB and Roadie. If I can run/ride out my door or within 1/2-1 mile of trails, that is ideal.

Obviously staying in Boulder and settling for a POS rental would work, but what about Golden? Areas just south of Golden? Far west side of Arvada?

I like Boulder and what it has to offer, just wondering if there is something else out there I'm missing being new to the area and all...
    Last edited by livinlite; 05-17-2008 at 01:50 PM.
    Citius. Altius. Fortius.

mtbr member
    Golden, the end.

mtbr member
    congrats on your upcoming parole.

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y
    Golden, the end.
    LOL...yes, Huron and 120th is so convenient from Golden (rolls eyes). Listen to Pai11y but have him do the commute from Golden to there a few times before you commit. Least in Boulder, you are going the opposite way from traffic and it's shorter too.

livinlite, go look at options in south Boulder around marshall and Eldo...good access and possibly some good deals with great access to work.

I look at housing this way. Decide where you spend most of your time (IE work) and live near there. Don't live where you think is cool and work a zillion miles away when you are going there most of the time. Sure money is a factor...but look at your commute time and the whole picture.

Maybe you should just live in Westminster.
    Last edited by lidarman; 05-18-2008 at 09:05 PM.

mtbr member
    I HATE "girls" that roll their eyes; it's simply rude!
    Anyway, it sounds like this guy is on the page of work to live and not live to work. It's true gas prices is forcing a readjustment on commutes, but are you seriously going to drive 30 mins to do a bit of post-work trail running? From actually reading his post, the 58th to I76 to I25 in the off hours shouldn't be an issue. Hell, I commute between Golden and Park Meadows during the 9 to 5 (well actually only the 5 part since my job starts at 7) and it's no more of a pain in the ass... Plus, Golden rules; it's such a sleeper.
    But hey, whatever. Those in the know, know what I'm talking about as far as Golden. Those who don't roll their eyes.

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y
    I HATE "girls" that roll their eyes; it's simply rude!

You are so cool lowering yourself to using the hate word and insulting girls to top it off.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Spare us please.

"Reads like" whatever you have to offer is really not a good idea...IMO

"Those in the know."...Cracks me up....I will be laughing about that on my entire ride to work tomorrow....on my bike. Too bad I don't know. i'm so bummed out about your lovely lifestyle.

But if I get a spare weekend or evening with a group, I might go ride those trails in Golden for the umpteenth time. Good trails and always on the menu....I' such a workaholic, hard to find time.
    Last edited by lidarman; 05-18-2008 at 09:34 PM.

mtbr member
    Girls != women

But you're right. I don't have a clue what I'm talking about. Golden sucks; ignore my last two posts.

Jackass
    I hear there is room in Larimer County.
    I'm making enemies faster than I can kill them!