mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Front Range 50 race

Todays Front Range 50 was a great race. The course was very fast and was clearly marked. Great job to the director(s) and volunteers.

good times.

only big complaint (but i think it will be the case with most mtb races) is that it took over 2hrs between my finish and the time the results were posted/awards ceremony started. can only sit around and listen to that MC and eat orange slices for so long before i just want to go home and take a shower.

had to settle for 2nd in SS after simultaneous, epicly painful hamstring cramps at mile 38.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by camocreation
    Todays Front Range 50 was a great race. The course was very fast and was clearly marked. Great job to the director(s) and volunteers.
    +1 Great race! Great weather! Great people!

I struggle mentally with courses that have multiple laps. Any one of those 5 laps we could have just stopped and called it a day - but we somehow kept going.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I didn't race the Front Range 50 this year but I tried my luck in the Battle of the Bear expert category. Thought I would get killed but I held my own and was very happy with the result. Overall, there is a reason why I have raced the Front Range 50 twice and the Battle of the Bear once. Simply put, it is just a great race!

Much thanks to Thane and the folks at Warrior Cycling. They know how to rock and roll! See you all the next time around.
    Free Wheel Coffee...A Coffee of Free Will
    www.Freewheelcoffee.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2007

It was a great day for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by camocreation
    That last lap hurt though!

pedal me happy
    Oct 2009
    Good job on second NOMIT after cramps and all been there too. What gears did you
    end up running. I had planned on riding again this year in ss but my knee said I needed
    to take it easy so I watched for a bit and then rode falcon and pence park today. Didn't
    think 50 miles at race pace would of done my recovery any good but wished I was able
    race today.

Chronic 1st-timer
    Good time!

Congrats nomit & besoft on your great finishes!
    Les grimpées, je m'en fou!

mtbr member
    Lubes - I think we saw you out there. If I'd have know that you had beers, maybe we'd have stopped

ummmm... but then i don't think we'd go on to finish so nevermind.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    It was a dang fun day. A stupid mechanical error cost me valuable time, but there is no one to blame but myself for that. Who would have thought 50 miles on that course could hurt so much.

A great race once again.
    Blogging about nothing since 2005
    http://devinrides.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Was the course different from last year? My time was slower but I finished better! I'm showing the sport 40-49 class being about 7 minutes slower than last year (avg of top 20 riders).
    Last edited by Ansible; 05-13-2010 at 01:47 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansible
    Was the course different from last year? My time was slower but I finished better! I'm showing the sport 40-49 class being about 7 minutes slower than last year (avg of top 20 riders).
    Don't forget, last year they had to bypass the twisty bits along the south side of the creekbed due to flooding. The bypass was smooth and fast, much faster than the creekbed section that was back in the course this year.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansible
    Like Scooter said, the twisty single track must have added a couple of minutes each lap - with 5 laps, that adds up! I also think there were many more racers this year, so there may have been more time spent backed up behind others.

I noticed that the first place times for most divisions were quite a bit higher than last year's...