mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Friday Park and Dirt session

Planning on a skate park and dirt jump session for Friday. Probably going to hit the Castle Rock Skatepark in the morning then head on down to C Springs and hit some dirt jumps and skatepark. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Looking for some nice flowy rhythems and a nice big hit to work on some stuff.

We will be on the MTBs so it would be neat to see some others throwing down as well. Post up here with recomendations or interest

dwj
    mtbr member
    i'm down for hitting some spots in the springs, but if it snows tonight the jumps might be to soggy. the new mtb jumps up in the canon might be ridable and some one built this new wooden drop thingy in palmer park. i can't ride until probably about 1 o'clockish on friday.

if any one is interested i'll be riding on thursday also, if it doesn't snow. pm me with your # if you want to ride.

Hairshirt Rider
    Good idea.

dwj - you've got mail.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

sure

I'll hit the C. Springs portion of it with y'all

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    We will try to be at the "Step" jumps around 1:00. If the weather is poor, we probably won't come down and opt to ride the Castle Rock skatepark and Redstone skatepark instead...unless you guys know some really good street (wall rides, gaps, ledges, wedges etc.).

Ryan

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    oh yeah, if there are MTB specific jumps somewhere, that might be interesting. Where would be a good place to meet to go hit those? I am not too familiar with C Springs.

dwj
    mtbr member
    i just went to some jumps in my neighborhood and they were way to wet to ride. i'm guessing vickers will be to wet or snowy, they are pretty much all in the shade.

i'm probably going to ride palmer in the afternoon with loudpawls.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    We checked out Vickers on Friday. They were pretty wet and looked pretty beat down. They don't look like they have been ridden very recently. Those are some pretty big jumps. I wouldn't mind checking them out this spring after they have been refurbished and the sun dries everything out. We rode some little jumps over by a concrete park. They were beat down to, but we did play on the rollers for a while. It would be nice to get the bobcat back out there and rip out those uselessly huge berms and build some nice long and smooth lines as opposed to what is there now.

But, at least there is something. Where is the BMX track with the conctrete berms located in C Springs?

dwj
    mtbr member
    the bmx track is behind rampart high school.

every time we try to fix up the jumps by the skatepark it only takes about 24hrs for someone to knock down the lips. between the rc cars, the motorcycles, the little kids, the MTBers riding over the jumps backwards... it's a lost cause. those jumps are in too public of a place.

i was at vickers on sunday and they were pretty dry. the main line was flowing fairly well, but the step and every thing else needs some help.

Hairshirt Rider
    whar be vickers?

dwj
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Loudpawlz
    whar be vickers?
    they be in the enchanted forest check your pm's