mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Freeride, Jumps around Ned/Rollins?

Anyone know of any good Freeride trails or Dirt jumps in the Nederland Rollinsville area?
    or
    Is there anybody interested in building somethign in the area and would like some help?

VooDoo user.
    TRAIL BUILDING on USFS LAND IS ILLEGAL. ALSO MOST OF THE LAND UP THERE IS A MIX OF PUBLIC AND PRIVATE.

ITS A VERY DELICATE SITUATION THAT COULD JEPORDIZE OUR SPORT UP THERE. DON'T FUDGE IT UP.

IF YOU WANT TO BUILD TALK TO IMBA.COM OR THE BMA (BOULDER MOUNTAINBIKE ALLIANCE).

THAT IS ALL.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Listen Poopacabra, maybe there are some people with private land or I have some land that I can build on. Such hostility, I am beginning to wonder why I moved out here.
    Are all riders jerks like you or just a select few that you are one of?
    Last edited by rafg; 07-09-2006 at 08:37 PM.

VooDoo user.
    Go back. Why did you move here?

Next time post up that you want help building on your own property DUMA$$.
    Posting about building in nederland/rollinsville is a sensative subject. After you have been here a while you will learn and figure that out. DON'T FUDGE WITH FS TRAILS.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I moved here to ride mountains. Sorry I hurt your feelings

mtbr member
    Seems any post that has to do with FR/DH in the CO forums will end up this way He never said what land he was going to try and build on did he? Oh well welcome to CO! Sorry rafg I have no info on trails for you.

Rocket Scientist
    rafg, There isn't much up in that area that I know of and for future questions of this nature, you may be better suited to ask someone thru PM. The XC Types get their panties in a wad at the mention of any Freeride/Downhill trail access. MY ADVICE: scope out the forums and notice people who speak of said stunts and PM them, they'd be better to ask.

VooDoo user.
    Ned closures and other happenings (BMA- newsletter)

This is why I'm pissed. Read about Ned closures.

VooDoo user.
    MBX and patterson. You obviously know nothing of the trails or type of trails in Ned / Rollinsville. Better to keep your comments to yourself.
    Get educated!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by moment
    Ned closures and other happenings (BMA- newsletter)

This is why I'm pissed. Read about Ned closures.
    so your mad because poacher trails on private property got shut down? but wait your against illegal trail building yet you ride all the illegal trails built up in ned. sounds like your getting close to full on chode status buddy. those ned closures are not like actual legal trail being closed dumbasss.

almost everyone here rides poachers. even the people who look down on others for poaching. moment does not want anyone to build any new poachers but is mad when his poacher network gets shut down. this is pretty funny stuff. thanks for the morning jolt of colorado mtb ego fest!!!

Rocket Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by moment
    MBX and patterson. You obviously know nothing of the trails or type of trails in Ned / Rollinsville. Better to keep your comments to yourself.
    Get educated!!!
    I think you just made my point.
    Your right, I know nothing of those trails. I don't ride there and neither do any of my friends.

I think dreamforest covered it.

VooDoo user.
    Quote Originally Posted by dream4est
    so your mad because poacher trails on private property got shut down? but wait your against illegal trail building yet you ride all the illegal trails built up in ned. sounds like your getting close to full on chode status buddy. those ned closures are not like actual legal trail being closed dumbasss.

almost everyone here rides poachers. even the people who look down on others for poaching. moment does not want anyone to build any new poachers but is mad when his poacher network gets shut down. this is pretty funny stuff. thanks for the morning jolt of colorado mtb ego fest!!!

Admittedly, YES these were illegal trails. They had also been there for quite some time. I'd also like to think that most of the trails in CO. started that way. Through work between the FS and groups like IMBA and BMA (just to name a couple) Most have been adopted and mapped. The chances of trails like the eldora/tenesse mtn network NOW being adopted is NIL. This is why when people want to build new trails they should seek the guidance of said groups. They can help you follow correct channels to build trails that won't get shut down. It will also help the way people perceive the MTB community.

a dad
    Jan 2004
    why is everyone so angry, the sun is out again, the trails are in great shape thanks to the rain...y'all gotta work or something??
    BBZ

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy - Benjamin Franklin

Outcast
    Moment, you and I have discussed the Ned area situation before. Here are my comments regarding your last post. The history of the trails in question is moot; it doesn't matter. If they are on private land, case is closed. Doesn't matter that the owner was either ignorant of what was going on on their property, or if they turned a blind eye to it, or whatever. It is their property. They can do whatever they want in regards to shutting it down for public use. Period

VooDoo user.
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    Moment, you and I have discussed the Ned area situation before. Here are my comments regarding your last post. The history of the trails in question is moot; it doesn't matter. If they are on private land, case is closed. Doesn't matter that the owner was either ignorant of what was going on on their property, or if they turned a blind eye to it, or whatever. It is their property. They can do whatever they want in regards to shutting it down for public use. Period
    Totally agree w/ ya.

I don't even know how this topic strayed to this.

Good to see the sun. Hope it holds.

Perpetually single track
    Quote Originally Posted by rafg
    Listen Poopacabra, maybe there are some people with private land or I have some land that I can build on.
    Do you own land up there? Or do you know someone that does? Something worth building on that is...
    The more out of shape you are, the steeper the hill looks.

VooDoo user.
    Quote Originally Posted by billybobzia
    why is everyone so angry, the sun is out again, the trails are in great shape thanks to the rain...y'all gotta work or something??
    Work SUX!

Goofing off?
    Keystone is an hour and a half away.

We all want to be able to buid and ride some stunts here and there. Perhaps one day there will be city produced freeride areas similar to all the skate parks that popped up across the nation. There are dirt jump areas such as Gunbarrel and Lake Arbor. However, once you incorporate ladders and such, it seems to draw negative attention.