mtbr member

Frame Builder / Aluminum Welder

Is anyone here a frame builder or know one? Or someone with mad aluminum welding skills? I have a bracket I need to weld to the chainstay of my Yeti. Preferably in the Boulder/Longmont/Denver area. In exchange I offer beer and good trail karma...and maybe a little cash...Thanks!
    "insert witty comment here"...

650b me
    Chris Kopp in NW Denver welds aluminum, but I doubt he'll do it for beer. I could be wrong...I've never tried to bribe him with beer.

Stiff yet compliant
    Search the framebuilding forum for frame re-welding. In most cases aluminum frames should not be re-welded after they are manufactured. Trying to weld something to your chainstay could ruin your frame.

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    Quote Originally Posted by davesorange73
    Is anyone here a frame builder or know one? Or someone with mad aluminum welding skills? I have a bracket I need to weld to the chainstay of my Yeti. Preferably in the Boulder/Longmont/Denver area. In exchange I offer beer and good trail karma...and maybe a little cash...Thanks!
    Disc brake or something? My advice: just leave your Yeti the way it is. If you want something else, sell the Yeti and get it. There is a very thin line between saving money and wasting it when it comes to bike frames.
    A man must have enemies and places he is not welcome. In the end we are not only defined by our friends but those against us.