mtbr member

Frame Builder / Aluminum Welder

Is anyone here a frame builder or know one? Or someone with mad aluminum welding skills? I have a bracket I need to weld to the chainstay of my Yeti. Preferably in the Boulder/Longmont/Denver area. In exchange I offer beer and good trail karma...and maybe a little cash...Thanks!
    "insert witty comment here"...

650b me
    Chris Kopp in NW Denver welds aluminum, but I doubt he'll do it for beer. I could be wrong...I've never tried to bribe him with beer.

Stiff yet compliant
    Search the framebuilding forum for frame re-welding. In most cases aluminum frames should not be re-welded after they are manufactured. Trying to weld something to your chainstay could ruin your frame.

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    Quote Originally Posted by davesorange73
    Is anyone here a frame builder or know one? Or someone with mad aluminum welding skills? I have a bracket I need to weld to the chainstay of my Yeti. Preferably in the Boulder/Longmont/Denver area. In exchange I offer beer and good trail karma...and maybe a little cash...Thanks!
    Disc brake or something? My advice: just leave your Yeti the way it is. If you want something else, sell the Yeti and get it. There is a very thin line between saving money and wasting it when it comes to bike frames.
    A man must have enemies and places he is not welcome. In the end we are not only defined by our friends but those against us.

Members who have read this thread: 0