mtbr member

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Fox Float RLC 32 Leaking Oil....Recommend a shop, plz

Hey Guys,
    My Fox float RLC32 is leaking oil..would you please recommend a shop...obviously, like to have quick turnaround and good quality work.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Probably been recommended quite often, but Pedal Pushers in Golden. Eric knows his stuff.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Dirt Labs in boulder can you get you back on the bike pretty quick!!

Quote Originally Posted by ktm2us View Post
    Hey Guys,
    My Fox float RLC32 is leaking oil..would you please recommend a shop...obviously, like to have quick turnaround and good quality work.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nuutsak View Post
    Probably been recommended quite often, but Pedal Pushers in Golden. Eric knows his stuff.
    +1 for Eric.
    He told me about the RockShox Reba oil and dust seal trick on the Fox 32s.
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

youenjoymyself
    another vote for Eric at PP

mtbr member
    May 2011
    dirt labs all the way, next to the fix bike shop also next to THE VALMONT BIKE PARK!! yeah buddy!! boulder

mtbr member
    May 2011
    dirt labs all the way, next to the fix bike shop also next to THE VALMONT BIKE PARK!! yeah buddy!! boulder

mtbr member

A push for PUSH Industries

I'll put in a plug for PUSH industries. They have a great reputation and did a terrific rebuild on my Fox 130 RLC a few years back, with a turn-around time of only about a week. I haven't had a problem since.

mtbr member
    dave at redstone in lyons.

mtbr member
    Thanks..I will give Erick a call at Pedal Pushers..he is closer than other shops.
    I have used it for 3 years..I believe the oil change was due.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    One more vote for PP

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Dave at Redstone Cyclery in Lyons recommended I bring my Float 32 to Salvagetti in LoDo to have it rebuilt. $75 all in and she's running great now.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    It seems that no matter what you need done on a bike in the front range, the basic recommendations on this forum are always Pedal Pushers, Golden Bike Shop, The Fix, Salvagetti, and/or Redstone. I feel you won't be treated poorly at any of them even though I don't have experience with all of them. I'd say go to whichever is closest unless their backlog is ridiculous.

Dirt Lab and Push are a bit more specialized in their work, so they're thrown in quite often as well.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    PP, they return emails and phone calls and are easy to work with and do great quality. Got tired of not getting responses from both Push and Dirtlabs even though they do good work.

mtbr member
    Talk to Rob @ Full Cycle in Boulder. The guy's worked in suspension for over 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by cbrock450 View Post
    Dirt Labs in boulder can you get you back on the bike pretty quick!!
    +1 for Luby.

Porch
    "If we were Vikings, Rocky Mountain aspen stands would be our Vahalla and its singletrack our bounty" - Mtn Flyer Mag #14

mtbr member
    so - is doing a fork overhaul that difficult that it makes a difference on who you let do the service? (i really have no idea)
    Last edited by hungryhead; 07-08-2011 at 10:29 AM.

Kaj
    mtbr member
    not difficult if everything goes as planned. a good tech is needed when things are go awry. Which after 3 years likely something is needed a bit more than an normal overhaul. Or something is worn out to the point it either needs replacement or time to just keep riding it into the ground, that's where a good tech can steer you correctly.
    Helping folks shred in Boulder & Colorado since 1982 www.fullcyclebikes.com

starladear
    Feb 2004
    Dirt Labs did me well. One thing I will add is stay away from the enduro seals. A bike shop talked me in to them and the shock was just sticky and faceted rather than smooth and plush that never went away a year later. Drove me nuts but it never leaked again... Choose your poison!

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y View Post
    +1 for Eric.
    He told me about the RockShox Reba oil and dust seal trick on the Fox 32s.
    Can you explain said trick kind sir? I've got a leaky Fox 32 I'm in need of fixing.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Adventure Cycling has taken care of my Float and my RP23. If you are close, PUSH won't do you wrong either.

Tame the Penguin!
    Quote Originally Posted by lginzkey View Post
    I'll put in a plug for PUSH industries. They have a great reputation and did a terrific rebuild on my Fox 130 RLC a few years back, with a turn-around time of only about a week. I haven't had a problem since.
    Push Industries in Loveland......can't go wrong. Not only can you get the fork rebuilt, but you can get it custom valved and tuned for your riding weight/style. Amazing results....I highly recommend them.

www.pushindustries.com

--El Beastro

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mayonays View Post
    Can you explain said trick kind sir? I've got a leaky Fox 32 I'm in need of fixing.
    No real trick to it. It's just a basic fork seals replacement.

Should take about 10-20 minutes depending on your comfort level.
    You can remove dust wipers w/ the handle end of a crescent wrench inserted in the lowers...but it will destroy your old dust wipers. Long tire levers works also. Use (an oil) seal press so they're installed normal to the stanchions, else you'll have stiction. The grease will weep out of the dust wipers for the first ride or three, but should stop. Lube oil from the bottom...fork oil or Float Fluid...anything will do here. The grease...use Slickoleum/Slick Honey by Englund, or Manipoo stuff...fork specific grease that won't dissolve in fork oil.

Buy the Reba seals and dust wiper. Remove your Fox dust wipers. Install the oil seals w/ a seal press. put some grease on and above the oil seal. Install the new dust wipers. Reassemble w/ fresh lube oil from the bottom before you secure the footnuts. Done
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by El Beastro View Post
    Push Industries in Loveland......can't go wrong. Not only can you get the fork rebuilt, but you can get it custom valved and tuned for your riding weight/style. Amazing results....I highly recommend them.

www.pushindustries.com

--El Beastro
    Their turn around time on forks right now is awesome, pretty much the next day after receiving it.
    Maintain internal heights.

mtbr member
    Push Labs or Luby...

used both -

Both ROCK !
    Live
    Love

SPIN