Your bike sucks

Found: Rear wheel on C-470

To retrieve your wheel you will have to do the following:

1) PM Me
    2) Describe wheel
    3) Tell me how in the hell you managed to lose a rear wheel on the highway
    4) Bring an offering in the form of a 24oz can of cheap beer - I almost lost my life trying to rescue this thing. Dumb dumb dumb.

That is all.

Rolling
    Was that the one I saw on Friday laying against the concrete median southbound? I can't believe it rolled off and landed nicely upright there.

If so, why, REAR wheel? And wow, to go off and rescue it is a life threatening experience.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    If it's and Edge Composite 29er it is mine.

Your bike sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by lidarman
    Was that the one I saw on Friday laying against the concrete median southbound? I can't believe it rolled off and landed nicely upright there.

If so, why, REAR wheel? And wow, to go off and rescue it is a life threatening experience.
    That's the one. Looking at it, there's no damage that would scream "Hey, I fell from a car going 70 MPH". The rear aspect is perplexing. I need to know but then again, curiosity is what almost killed this cat last time.. I seriously under-estimated the risk involved. Impulse struck and the traffic looked light at the time. Never again.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Last year I was headed west on I-70 about the Applewood exit when the van in front of me just barely swerved around a wheel laying right in the middle of the left lane. I saw it (sweet red colored hub is all I really noticed) and I just barely swerved around it.

I didn't see the truck behind me swerve, so, do the math. It was a front wheel so it all made some sort of sense.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Mega
    That's the one. Looking at it, there's no damage that would scream "Hey, I fell from a car going 70 MPH". The rear aspect is perplexing. I need to know but then again, curiosity is what almost killed this cat last time.. I seriously under-estimated the risk involved. Impulse struck and the traffic looked light at the time. Never again.
    I can't seem to get that scene in Bowfinger out of my mind now, the one w/ E. Murphy crossing the interstate. I imagine you were just about as scared.

skillz to pay billz
    frogger

Your bike sucks
    Quick bump because I could use that beer. Soon to be causality of finder's, keeper's.

BTW - Had to watch some youtube clips of Bowfinger after your comment. It was funny but revived a little PTSD.

Quote Originally Posted by mudge
    I can't seem to get that scene in Bowfinger out of my mind now, the one w/ E. Murphy crossing the interstate. I imagine you were just about as scared.

Rigid in Evergreen
    Must be from one of those Greek roof racks