Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,694

    Fort Collins not really good to go (During mid-day at least)

    Updated: Feb 2, 2010
    Bobcat Ridge Natural Area:
    Bobcat Ridge Natural Area is closed due to wet and muddy trail conditions. Rangers check trails daily and will re-open the site as soon as possible. Thank you for respecting the closure! Watch this site for updates.

    Maxwell:
    Maxwell Natural Area and Reservoir Ridge Natural Area both have wet, muddy, snowy, and icy trails. Some of the trails are being damaged as visitors widen the trail to avoid the mud. WE ARE ASKING VISITORS NOT TO USE THESE AREAS AT THIS TIME. If you decide to still use these areas, we ask that you do so before 9am while the trails are still firm or that you walk in the mud to avoid further trail damage. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!

    Pineridge Natural Area:
    Pineridge Natural Area is closed due to wet and muddy conditions. The site is expected to remain closed for up to 2 weeks, pending weather conditions. Rangers check trails daily and will re-open Pineridge as soon as possible. Please respect the closure!

    Reservoir Ridge:
    Reservoir Ridge Natural Area and Maxwell Natural Area both have wet, muddy, snowy, and icy trails. Some of the trails are being damaged as visitors widen the trail to avoid the mud. WE ARE ASKING VISITORS NOT TO USE THESE AREAS AT THIS TIME. If you decide to still use these areas, we ask that you do so before 9am while the trails are still firm or that you walk in the mud to avoid further trail damage. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!

    Soapstone Prairie:
    Soapstone Prairie Natural Area is closed for the season. Soapstone Prairie is open annually from March 1- December 1. See you there in the spring!

    All other trails are open! Enjoy your natural areas!
    Last edited by DanD; 02-03-2010 at 03:36 PM.

  2. #2
    Custom User Title
    Reputation: coldsteele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,287
    THanks for the trail condition updates......Well I guess its either travel or get the road bike out for now....
    Team MOJO Wheels.

  3. #3
    pain intolerant
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    675
    Thanks for the update. I've never looked, but does the Coloradoan publish trail closures and city/county recommendations not to visit some areas based on poor conditions?

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ridetheridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    274
    Coyote Ridge/Rim Rock/Blue Sky --> Extremely Muddy as of Tuesday 2/2/10

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,694
    Quote Originally Posted by jradin
    Thanks for the update. I've never looked, but does the Coloradoan publish trail closures and city/county recommendations not to visit some areas based on poor conditions?
    The FCNA posts trail conditions on it's website here: http://www.fcgov.com/naturalareas/status.php

  6. #6
    slow
    Reputation: sgltrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,263
    Dan,

    Thanks for the updates and the link.

    I rode Maxwell, Shoreline, and Foothills trail on both sides of the dam between 4:45am and 6:45am this morning and they were torn up and in really bad condition. Thankfully I was not riding a rigid bike as the frozen ruts and shoe prints were terribly bumpy.

    Like posted many times here, PLEASE RIDE WHILE FROZEN OR NOT AT ALL

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,694
    Quote Originally Posted by sgltrak
    Dan,

    Thanks for the updates and the link.

    I rode Maxwell, Shoreline, and Foothills trail on both sides of the dam between 4:45am and 6:45am this morning and they were torn up and in really bad condition. Thankfully I was not riding a rigid bike as the frozen ruts and shoe prints were terribly bumpy.

    Like posted many times here, PLEASE RIDE WHILE FROZEN OR NOT AT ALL
    I haven't seen the sunrise in almost a year I'm pretty sure, but it looks like that's what it takes to get a ride in for the time being. Now to figure out if my alarm clock has a 4:45 am...

  8. #8
    slow
    Reputation: sgltrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,263
    Quote Originally Posted by DanD
    I haven't seen the sunrise in almost a year I'm pretty sure, but it looks like that's what it takes to get a ride in for the time being. Now to figure out if my alarm clock has a 4:45 am...
    4:50 Club
    In case your alarm does not work, this is what it looked like this morning:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fort Collins not really good to go (During mid-day at least)-sunrise.jpg  


  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,303
    Quote Originally Posted by ridetheridge
    Coyote Ridge/Rim Rock/Blue Sky --> Extremely Muddy as of Tuesday 2/2/10
    Rode Coyote at 7:30pm last night. It was cold enough for the mud not to stick but soft enough for it to deform slightly. Part of coyote (past the sh!tter) looks like a multilane highway now . Never seen it this wide.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •