View Poll Results: Who fixes your bike? (Fort Collins)

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lee's

5 14.29%
  • Recycled Cycles

0 0%
  • Cycologist

0 0%
  • Brave New Wheel

0 0%
  • Full Cycle

2 5.71%
  • Road 34

4 11.43%
  • REI

0 0%
  • Performance

1 2.86%
  • I go out of town

1 2.86%
  • I do my own work (buy some tools)

22 62.86%
    jl
    climb

Fort Collins LBS (wrench)

FtC riders,

Where do you take your bike to get fixed? Any recommendations, or anti-recommendations? Anyone work on Campy?
    Ride On!

slow

Phoenix

J,
    I work on all of my own stuff, but this guy knows what he is doing. He faced and chased the shells and threads on my last cstom road build.

Rick Woy
    The Phoenix Cyclery
    Owner/Master Mechanic/Fit Expert

970-581-4060 cell

Nationwide warranty center for Fulcrum Wheels (Campy)

M
    Last edited by sgltrak; 06-13-2006 at 03:49 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Rich and Eric at the North Lee's store.

Moderator Moderator
    I'll second Rick...he will even pick your bike up at your house and have it for you same day or next day depending on his schedule and where you live (he is opening up a shop behind Sandy's off link lane.)

I had him install a new 10 speed grouppo on my road bike before Ride the Rockies last year (I was slammed at work and didn't have time to do it myself) and the final product was flawless. I also had him set up my Magura Marta SL's on my mtb and haven't touched them yet. Those are the only two times I've used anyone to touch my bikes.

Shawn (Cycologist) and Larry (Mtn High) are great from what I hear as well. I have a bunch of friends who have bought Salsa's from him and they like them a lot.
    Niner Bikes employee. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Niner-...3652275?ref=ts
    Front Range Forum Moderator

slow
    Quote Originally Posted by 2melow
    (he is opening up a shop behind Sandy's off link lane.)
    Shop is now open 10-6 weekdays and 9-5? Sat.

Never mind.............
    I've been gone from Ft.Fun since 2004...What ever happened to Rock & Road Cyclery,on the corner of College Ave & Laurel St.?
    "Staring at the world from my own little Idaho..."

slow
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbikerjohn2003
    I've been gone from Ft.Fun since 2004...What ever happened to Rock & Road Cyclery,on the corner of College Ave & Laurel St.?
    Closed. One of the former owners is the Rick referred to above, now of Phoenix.

mtbr member

Larry @ Mtn High

I'm not too familiar with Ft. shops, but I've always been very happy with the service at Mtn High Cyclery in Loveland. Check em out.

Mountain High Cyclery
    5645 W. Hwy 34
    Loveland, CO 80537
    970-669-7960

Graeson

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Nevermind, you didn't leave performance off of your lsit. I work there, and the quality of the work that comes out is good in my opinion if I have to say so myself

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Check out Perfect Circle Cyclery ( mobile shop 970-988-1206) . He has done some great work for in the past. Great wrench.

FleshwoundGravityResearch
    I do 90% of my own work, but when I need supplies or anything done, I drive the extra distance to Larry's shop. It's really not that far and you get to hit Devil's Backbone while you are there.

He has excellent prices and can get about anything you could want.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Indeed, Tom (Perfect Circle) knows his stuff for sure.

mtbr member

No shortage of good options

Cycologist ... helped me get my road fit just right .. my wife bought a Salsa from him and the fit was perfect. No MTB experience with him other than test rides but I'm guessing he's good with this as well. The only down side is the fact that he is a one-man show and if you go to him at the peak of the season the turnaround can be a little longer than the others. But the other side of that is you always know who is wrenching on your bike.

Peloton .. not on your list but I bought my roadie from them and have been pretty satisfied. I get one free tune-up per year as part of the purchase and they do a reasonable job with that. If you can work with Trent (owner) or (insert name here) who is the main sales/service guy you're in good hands. I'd be a little more cautious with anyone else. That's not a slam, just no experience with them.

Road 34 ... first place I would go with my MTB (Yeti) and they seem to know their stuff ... plus the food at the deli is pretty good (I recommend the Leather Jacket chicken sandwich). I got to watch Per build up my 575 and he was awesome and didn't mind me asking stupid questions along the way. Insist that Will, Willy, or Per are the ones touching your bike.

Larry ...almost mythical status here on mtbr ... he seems to be awesome but for whatever reason I can never seem to get to his shop when it's open. He will certainly be on my 'to-call' list when I need new wheels, etc.

Lee's .... no personal experience but I heard a good story from there recently. A friend of mine bought a custom roadie with CK headset. He started having some 'clunking' from the fork/stem/headset interface and couldn't debug it. He took it to Lee's and the guys there were able to figure out that the o-ring from the headset was missing. They actuall ran next door to Ace Hardware and bought one to replace it on the spot. The first didn't fit so they returned the old one to ACE, bought a different one and replaced it. They charged my friend under $10 for parts and labor. I told my friend he should be back at Lee's with at least a twelver of something good to drink and hand deliver it to those guys.

Like I said .. not shortage of options

j