Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    percocet pioneer.

Fort Collins Downhill

I was wondering if any of you fine gents (and ladies) could help me out and let me know where there are any welcoming downhill trails in FoCo, if there are any.

My buddy is coming up today from Denver and he wants to trial a new ride.

Any help is appreciated!

mtbr member
    There are no welcoming/legal downhill trails in FoCo. There are a couple illegal ones just west of the big A.

Quote Originally Posted by $ally Hu$tle
    I was wondering if any of you fine gents (and ladies) could help me out and let me know where there are any welcoming downhill trails in FoCo, if there are any.

My buddy is coming up today from Denver and he wants to trial a new ride.

Any help is appreciated!

pdh
    mtbr member
    There's the old CSU/Freewheeler dh run up @ Beaver Meadows from way back in the day.
    That has had some upgrades in the past years.
    I JUST WANT A BICYCLE!!!!! " Why-why are you yelling at me?"
    WHATEVER, MAKE ME A BICYCLE CLOWN!!!!!!!!!

what nice teeth you have
    Check out kelly flats. Its up the poudre off of 14 a little ways. Hike up a little ways and the 4x4 track splits. Both directions will take you up the hill. The one to the right goes down first then up so there is a little more verticle. There isn't any easy way up it though. Best bet is to find a 4 wheeler or hitch a ride with some of the offroad vehicles.. That or hike. I know ad junkie was on this last summer so he might be able to give you some more details. Its not a very long DH though. Once you get to the top your looking at maybe a minute to get down. Steep and technical but not very long.

Edit: There is a chance Kelley Flats is under snow. Its far enough up the canyon that there is still snow.
    Last edited by nadinno78; 03-29-2008 at 09:47 AM.

formerly shabadu
    Nov 2006
    I'm very proud of everyone for not posting a bunch of inflamatory shite. Cheers!

Thread Terrorist
    You guys are dumb.

Of course there's Downhill in Fort Collins. Any trail you can go up, you can go down. So yes, there's DH trail all over the place. Be fore-warned, you may have to ride up to get to them.
    Golden Bike Park Group

Peak Cycles Gravity Team & Bikeparts.com
    Trestle Bike Park

mtbr member
    Does anyone one the condition of the dh run up at beaver meadows? I was up there 3-4 years ago, and was not impressed. Although I don't think I road the dh run. Is it worth the drive?

As for Kelly Flats, I was out there in the Fall. Its good if a jeep drives you up all the way to the top. Then you've got about 5 minutes of dh depending on the way you go down. If you like loose rocks and jumping in and out of jeep ruts then you will like it. Hiking up the trail will take a very long time, and most of the stuff is not ridable going up.

Quote Originally Posted by pdh
    There's the old CSU/Freewheeler dh run up @ Beaver Meadows from way back in the day.
    That has had some upgrades in the past years.

what nice teeth you have
    I was at BVM for the race this fall. As far as I know they only open the DH run up once per rear for the race. Its on private property so you should ask permission to use the course. The problem with the DH run is its not a dedicated trail. The dedicated horse, hiking and biking trails you can usually ride on without asking. They are starting to build houses on or near the DH course so the future of that race is a little uncertain right now. I am 90% certain there is still snow on the trails at BVM right now. I wouldn't think about going up there till the end of May (and even then you might get screwed).

IMO the xc race course was pretty spectacular and I can't wait to get up there and ride it again.

Edit: The DH course itself is pretty hairy. Think Wild Thing at Keystone but longer and with bigger rocks.
    Last edited by nadinno78; 03-29-2008 at 12:39 PM.

what nice teeth you have
    Seven Mile Creek up the Poudre is okay. Not dedicated DH but fun on a Long Travel Bike. Not very steep but wide open so you can cary your speed. Has lots of big rocks. Great ride in the heat of August b/c of the creek crossings.

percocet pioneer.
    Quote Originally Posted by IndecentExposure
    You guys are dumb.

Of course there's Downhill in Fort Collins. Any trail you can go up, you can go down. So yes, there's DH trail all over the place. Be fore-warned, you may have to ride up to get to them.
    we can't all push 45 pounders up 14k feet

Thread Terrorist
    Sorry, you asked for DownHill trails, not shuttle-able down hill trails.
    Golden Bike Park Group

Peak Cycles Gravity Team & Bikeparts.com
    Trestle Bike Park

mtbr member
    Why is he going to FTC to demo a new ride if he's from Denver??? Tell him to stay down there! You can go to Mt Falcon or Lookout Mtn and shuttle. The only decent riding in FTC is still under a bunch of snow up the canyon. (I just moved from there to Littleton.)

"Oldfart from Wayback"

Really confused about this thread

This posted 2 days after the OP. What trail did your "friend" use and why did he/she have to come all the way to FT. Collins to ride??

In the mean time, if you can't push a bike to 14K what are you doing "riding" a bike to begin with ?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by minouchi
    Why is he going to FTC to demo a new ride if he's from Denver??? Tell him to stay down there! You can go to Mt Falcon or Lookout Mtn and shuttle. The only decent riding in FTC is still under a bunch of snow up the canyon. (I just moved from there to Littleton.)
    That's correct. The only half way good riding is about a 4 hour drive up the Poudre. Nothing near town at all so stay far away. South of Denver would probably be best for you.

percocet pioneer.
    Quote Originally Posted by onbelaydave
    This posted 2 days after the OP. What trail did your "friend" use and why did he/she have to come all the way to FT. Collins to ride??

In the mean time, if you can't push a bike to 14K what are you doing "riding" a bike to begin with ?
    Quote Originally Posted by minouchi
    We didn't ride (it snowed). He came because I go to school up here and he was up to visit.

Also, onbelaydave, it was a joke, take it easy.

mtbr member
    We didn't ride (it snowed). He came because I go to school up here and he was up to visit.

Also, onbelaydave, it was a joke, take it easy.
    Too bad you didn't ride Saturday before the snow. There looked like there was about 5 or 6 bikers shuttling the trails when I showed up.

Thread Terrorist
    Quote Originally Posted by onbelaydave

I sure as hell didn't ride my bike to the top Proof is in the video:

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Hey guys I am new to the dh free ride scene. I am looking for people to ride with I live in Fort Collins near Horsetooth. If anyone wants to build any trails you should look around the lost lake area up by red feather it is blm land and there is tons of trails for 4x4's up there and I have scene some trails up there for mtb. If anyone would wanna build or ride I am down! I am trying to find some people to ride with so if you want to feel free to message me! I am down to dirt jump or free ride. Just let me know! Cheers everyone hope to hear from some people soon!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Everyone who posted in this thread back in 08 are riding recumbents now. No mas DH por favor.
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Is that a trail? Sorry I am new to the forum and dh stuff well kinda new to dh haha much rather FR any day of the week!

Living the High Life
    Quote Originally Posted by jugdish View Post
    Everyone who posted in this thread back in 08 are riding recumbents now. No mas DH por favor.
    Except I.E., he's on one of these now:

You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Dammit... must spread rep.

ridin dirtay
    this is the seen now

the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Living the High Life
    Read those comments on the youtube page. Some seriously butt hurt people over there.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithnu View Post
    Read those comments on the youtube page. Some seriously butt hurt people over there.
    Those comments are pure, unadulterated GOLD.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast