Thread: Fork Trade?

Now Uploading

Fork Trade?

Hey guys, I've got a 2004 Marzocchi Dirt Jumper III, 130mm, disk only, black (stickers removed), QR dropout, steerer cut to 210mm with a Chris King headset race (just the race) on it, and I'd be interested in trading anyone for a shorter (between 80mm-105mm) XC type of fork for another SS project. I'm looking for a disk fork with a lockout. Air or coil. Would be interested in looking at what you have. Could sell this, but would prefer local trade.

This DJ3 is not currently on a bike, got new oil and seals last September.

Cheers,

Dave
    [SIZE=2]Just Passing Through: eatin' dirt & crappin' dust[/SIZE]

Cynical Bystander
    I have a light carbon fork you might be interested in. Doesn't have lockout though. It's a almost new Bombshell Wicked Wendy. Weighs a bit less than 4lbs I think. It is inverted with 130mm of travel and a 20mm thru axle. It's undersprung for me for FR so its just sitting in my garage gathering dust.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

Now Uploading
    Quote Originally Posted by COmtbiker12
    I have a light carbon fork you might be interested in. Doesn't have lockout though. It's a almost new Bombshell Wicked Wendy. Weighs a bit less than 4lbs I think. It is inverted with 130mm of travel and a 20mm thru axle. It's undersprung for me for FR so its just sitting in my garage gathering dust.
    Thanks Tony, but I've gotta put a QR Hope XC hub in it, and the hardtail frame it will go in handles best with a 100mm or shorter fork on it.

I'm looking for stuff like a used Marathon, Float/Vanilla, Black (would consider a Skareb), Psylo, etc. Anything else would probably be too long, and trying to find something 2002-2004, and not looking for RS Judys, Dukes...

Cheers,

Dave

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbdirteater
    Thanks Tony, but I've gotta put a QR Hope XC hub in it, and the hardtail frame it will go in handles best with a 100mm or shorter fork on it.

I'm looking for stuff like a used Marathon, Float/Vanilla, Black (would consider a Skareb), Psylo, etc. Anything else would probably be too long, and trying to find something 2002-2004, and not looking for RS Judys, Dukes...

Cheers,

Dave
    got an 02(I believe) psylo xc, needs new seals and oil, a little scratch on a stanchion. I can get pictures if you're interested in working out a deal. The scratch is way high on the stanchion, and other than those little issues its a great little fork.

mtbr member
    Hey guys, I've got a 2004 Marzocchi Dirt Jumper III, 130mm, disk only, black (stickers removed), QR dropout, steerer cut to 210mm with a Chris King headset race (just the race) on it, and I'd be interested in trading anyone for a shorter (between 80mm-105mm) XC type of fork for another SS project. I'm looking for a disk fork with a lockout. Air or coil. Would be interested in looking at what you have. Could sell this, but would prefer local trade.

Cheers,

Dave
    I have an 03 Rock Shock Psylo XC that can be wound 85-120, I has about 500 miles on it and a small dent in one of the stantions. I replaced it with a Manitou Sherman Firefly on my VT frame.

I don't think the Psylo needs anything, but you could take a look.

GK

Now Uploading
    Hey guys, thanks on the Psylos, but I'd like to stay away from forks with stanchion damage or scratches.

This 2004 DJ3 for trade has steel stanchions and steerer, it's in perfect working order and is in nice shape too.

Cheers,

Dave

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

... and if we just ... fork trade

Cheers,

Dave
    hello, I have a sid xc, 80 mm 2001 model I believe in good shape, no abuse., drop me a line.

Now Uploading
    Quote Originally Posted by RETROROCKS
    hello, I have a sid xc, 80 mm 2001 model I believe in good shape, no abuse., drop me a line.
    Thanks, weighing 175 I'm not sure if that is too light of a fork for me. Does it have a lockout?

Cheers,

Dave