Thread: Fork me!

locked - time out

Fork me!

Hola -

Thought I'd post and see if anyone has a halfway decent 80 - 130mm, QR / V compatible fork that they'd like to sell. I'm open to most makes as long as the fork is in decent working shape. I'm aware that there is a classified section on this site but, honestly, I'm tired of dealing with payment shipping / recieving and would prefer to swap cash for a fork locally if at all possible.

Perpetually single track
    2004 Manitou Minute 1 in near perfect shape, just need to rebuild the damping side on it before I sell it, if you're interested. I'm thinking $250 for it.....

Now Uploading
    2004 Marzocchi DJ3, 130mm, 210mm of steerer. Best offer over $150.

Dave

Edit: Oh, nevermind, this fork is disc only....
    [SIZE=2]Just Passing Through: eatin' dirt & crappin' dust[/SIZE]

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    Quote Originally Posted by s1ngletrack
    Hola -

Thought I'd post and see if anyone has a halfway decent 80 - 130mm, QR / V compatible fork that they'd like to sell. I'm open to most makes as long as the fork is in decent working shape. I'm aware that there is a classified section on this site but, honestly, I'm tired of dealing with payment shipping / recieving and would prefer to swap cash for a fork locally if at all possible.
    Used 2003 or 2004 Float with canti bosses. Cheap.
    Brand new 2003 or 04 (I forget) Z1 QR20. Special deal for you my friend...
    Come on over and scope out what's laying around in the shop. I'm sure you'll find something.

BTW, Kauai rocked!

locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by DWF
    Used 2003 or 2004 Float with canti bosses. Cheap.
    Brand new 2003 or 04 (I forget) Z1 QR20. Special deal for you my friend...
    Come on over and scope out what's laying around in the shop. I'm sure you'll find something.

BTW, Kauai rocked!
    Hey! - I was wondering how things were going. Glad to hear that the trip went well - did you get to ride much there? (on Kauai)

I'll have to head over within the next day or two and check out the goods

Cynical Bystander
    Hey josh I have a 03 EXR Comp with QR That's virtually brand new. I'll give it to you for $50 including that singlespeed kit.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    Quote Originally Posted by s1ngletrack
    Hey! - I was wondering how things were going. Glad to hear that the trip went well - did you get to ride much there? (on Kauai)

I'll have to head over within the next day or two and check out the goods
    We didn't get a single ride in. It was just too wet and the trails were slimey. We did pull off some awesome hikes in the Na Pali coast regions though! I could see how the riding would be great there when it's dry. The place we had was awesome, right on the beach, laid in the sun, became one with a boogie board, fought undertow, got slammed by huge surf, snorkeled, ate out every night and didn't gain a pound, went to a Luau (sp?) and the only thing that made that worthwhile is they drug DeeDub on the stage and made him hula. We were dying!

We also came to the conclusion that "Mahalo" is Hawaiian for "Mother F*****". "Take off your shoes, Mahalo." "Return here, Mahalo." We had a bunch of laughs over that...maybe you had to be there. A local told me over a beer that the only people who say Mahalo are tour guides and store managers.

locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by DWF
    A local told me over a beer that the only people who say Mahalo are tour guides and store managers.
    Yep - It's a sure sign when someone says "Mahalo" that they are either trying to get a better tip , or that they are a "been there - done that, now bragging about" it type. Few things are funnier than grown adults, on vacation, walking around trying to sound like they have assimilated into island culture by throwing out a few "Hawaiian" words...

I made a point of never saying "Mahalo" during the 2 years I lived there on the principal of the matter, like the locals would be offended or confused if I told them "thank you" instead

My house used to be right up the road from Kealia Beach, right on the north end of Kapaa, I sure do miss it (the island, not my house - it was a glorified refrigerator box)

Did you get a chance to meet Bicycle John (Lihue)? I worked there on the side for quite awhile- John's a great guy, I also rode with Jason and the guys from Bicycles Kauai (Kapaa) several times a week.