The 5th knuckle

Folds in Half - Check this out.

You don't fold any more but thought you might like this. It comes in an A cup. Perfect application.

Montague Paratrooper Tactical Folding Mountain Bike: The Bike

Quote Originally Posted by Hernando Gutierrez
    The only thing you have to figure out is don't fall down. To keep riding the bike.

Team Velveeta™
    Quote Originally Posted by jaycastlerock View Post
    ... comes in an A cup...
    You are bound and determined to see this A-B-C cup thing be adopted as mtbr-front range lingo for wheel size aren't you?

I think it's funny as hell, and furthermore a good way to maybe take some of the dick-ishness out of the typical wheel size thread.

I move that mtbr FR support the boob size/wheel size lingo. Can I have a second?

EDIT: And of course, 36ers are D Cup.
    Tom Purvis - Salida, CO - http://teamvelveeta.tom-purvis.com

"I like my wimmen like I like my beer--cold and bitter!"

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by TomP View Post
    You are bound and determined to see this A-B-C cup thing be adopted as mtbr-front range lingo for wheel size aren't you?

I think it's funny as hell, and furthermore a good way to maybe take some of the dick-ishness out of the typical wheel size thread.

I move that mtbr FR support the boob size/wheel size lingo. Can I have a second?

EDIT: And of course, 36ers are D Cup.
    oooh I likey!

Seconded!

The 5th knuckle
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRage43 View Post
    oooh I likey!

Seconded!
    Motion carries, no objections. Front range sub forum, all reference to rotational mass at either end of the bike will now be classified as A cup, B cup, C cup, D cup or Layne Bryant for the following sizes 26, 650b, 29, 36, and fat bikes.
    The only thing you have to figure out is don't fall down. To keep riding the bike.

The Fastest of Bananas
    The cup thing is hilarious. And all so true.

The Fastest of Bananas
    Back to bikes, the "paratrooper" bike thing is neat, but doesn't have a practical military purpose, IMO.

Team Velveeta™
    Quote Originally Posted by jaycastlerock View Post
    Motion carries, no objections. Front range sub forum, all reference to rotational mass at either end of the bike will now be classified as A cup, B cup, C cup, D cup or Layne Bryant for the following sizes 26, 650b, 29, 36, and fat bikes.
    Tom Purvis - Salida, CO - http://teamvelveeta.tom-purvis.com

"I like my wimmen like I like my beer--cold and bitter!"

Not-quite-geezer RVer
    That Montague/Paratrooper bike has been around for quite a while and comes in many variants, usually with some car maker's name stuck on it.

A buddy of mine in Austin picked up one of those badge-engineered models last year off craigslist for about $100 (heck of a deal, actually). If you look closely you can see one of our first upgrades, which involved a little black tape and transformed it from a HUMMER to something a little less obnoxious:

Oh, did the trail riding hilarity ensue.... "Oh, you crashed! Bummer, dude." etc etc. I annoyed the hell out of that poor guy all winter.

Between that logo mod and getting the shifting and brakes working, it wasn't a half bad riding bike. Worlds better than the "Velocity" K-Mart special he was on before, but still far short of my own mighty Dahon of course.

I was tempted to get one myself and put some good components on that frame, but the BB is so low you're constantly smacking pedals on stuff, so it didn't seem like a very wise base to build from.

But now I do wonder if maybe a 160mm 650B fork up front would be the hot ticket. Would raise the BB nicely and yield an uber-trendy 67.5er slack hardtail that happens to fold. The next big thing! Hmmmm....

Oh, and now back OFF topic: Y'all seem to have left out the most important wheel/cup size of all from your scheme. According to Ms FoldsInHalf the next cup down would be AA, so I'll claim that for my 20s, thank you very much.
    "Rollin' on 20s and 27.5s" ride reports and more at WWW.DEBCAR.COM : Debbie and Carey's RV Travel Website

The 5th knuckle
    =FoldsInHalf;10786573
    Oh, and now back OFF topic: Y'all seem to have left out the most important wheel/cup size of all from your scheme. According to Ms FoldsInHalf the next cup down would be AA, so I'll claim that for my 20s, thank you very much.
    Nice work there on the schema. Although 24 might be AA and 20 AAA?