mtbr member
    Sep 2004

FoCo trail ideas for this sunday 12-15-13 AM ride?

Im located down in Erie, but plan on being in FoCo for my sons swim meet this weekend. He doesn't start until 12:30pm sunday so Daddy gets to take a ride early AM sunday.

We are staying just south of down town. looking for a nice 2-2.5hr ride max with anywhere from 1500-3k feet of climbing. I'm used to riding trails like Centential cone in golden, Hall/Heil/ Colsen goulch ( R.I.P.), etc in Lyons.

I've got a 29er REEB SS, 2X10 29er or my fatback. willing to ride anything but mud.

anyone have a good idea where I can ride and get back in time to inhale some chlorinated air for 4 hrs???

pain intolerant
    Apr 2006
    Bring your fatback.

Up until today we've had a good base. But sometime this weekend most trails will turn to mud (if they haven't already). If you can get an early start, I think you'd be fine doing some combination of Blue Sky and the valley trails in Lory State Park and Horsetooth Mountain Park. Add the Indian Summer loop (south side of Blue Sky) and/or Timber/Kimmons loop (north side of Lory) for extra sustained climbing.

Trail maps for Lory, Horsetooth, and Blue Sky are easy to find online, but feel free to post-up route specific questions.

If you don't mind roads, riding the roads around Horsetooth Reservoir will get you quite a bit of climbing and is pretty scenic.

I assume your son's meet is at Edora pool? The Spring Creek bike trail (paved) runs right past Edora and connects ~15 miles of paved trails throughout the city. No climbing, but a fun, mellow ride.

Formerly of Kent
    Are there any group rides in FoCo during the winter? I'm going to be in town from the 19th through the 27th. Looking to link up and ride some sweet trails.

Riding the trainer in my basement in upstate NY in 0*F weather is soul crushing.

slow
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Duke View Post
    Are there any group rides in FoCo during the winter? I'm going to be in town from the 19th through the 27th. Looking to link up and ride some sweet trails.

Riding the trainer in my basement in upstate NY in 0*F weather is soul crushing.
    A group of us usually does a Christmas Eve ride the morning of the 24th. Planning on meeting around 8:30 and doing a couple of hours. Location TBD based on weather and trail conditions. PM for details.