Ergon Bike

FoCo lodging in relationship to the riding...

Going to be in Ft. Collins from Sept. 10-16 to look at some housing opportunities for the Ergon USA R&D facilities. Just curious if anyone knows any good lodging that is friendly to the fact of being able to ride from the hotel (read: lodging on the west side of town) while I am in town for the week.

Thanks in advance!

Jeff
    Ergon USA

what nice teeth you have
    The Hilton is a stones throw away from the Spring Creek Trail. The Spring Creek Trial is a concrete path (ie no cars) that heads east to west. On the west end you connect to Dixon Resevior then head a little North to hit Maxwell, shoreline, resevior ridge, and the trails down by Michaud. The Hilton itself sits almost in the middle of the town right next to(south) the CSU campus. In between college and shields(North south roads) on prospect (east west). Their is also a best western just east of the campus on college(b/t Luarel and prospect) about .5-1 mile from the Hilton. From there you just cross college and cut across campus to the spring creek trail. There are some hotels on the south side of town near Harmony. Not very close to the trails but it would be possible to take the powerline trail (north south, near timberline) down to the spring creek trail. The hotels off of Mulberry would be inconvenient as far as traffic is concerned.

slow
    There is a new bed and breakfast behind the reservoir next to the Canyon Grill. You can do some great rides from the door, but 15 minutes to town. I think there is a small hotel up there, too. I can do some checking if you are interested.

There is a Comfort Suites on south Mason that would be almost as convenient as the above mentioned Hilton. It is close to the Mason rail trail and nearly a straight shot up Horsetooth to the Pineridge Open Space.

mtbr member
    LOL, I lived in Ft. Collins for 23 years and never heard it called FoCo. I can't think of any hotels on the west side of town, but I've been gone a few years. What I can tell you about is trails. There is a pretty decent guide called "Front Ranger Rider" by Anne Childers (http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo...81663102&itm=1). This tells you all the most well known trails inculding paved bike paths in Northern Colorado and some trails in Southern Wyoming. It is a little dated (1999), but as far as I know it is still accurate.

There are a bunch of trails on the west end of Fort Collins that you can bike to and are all for the most part connected. Pineridge connects to Maxwell which connects to Michaud Lane. You also have Horsetooth Mountain Park which has a bunch of trails and that connects to Lory State park which also has a bunch of trails. If you want to drive a bit to a trailhead there are a bunch of trails in Poudre Canyon as well.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    There are also some downtown hotels- Best Western near University (South College), and one near Mugs Coffee shop. Basically, everything is within a couple miles of where the trails start. Just stay away from the motels on Mulberry and Harmony out near I-25. That is pretty far away from the riding and the "real" Ft. Collins, too.
    For B&B, Edwards House on Mountain is close to downtown and easy access to trails.
    LBS's can tell you about trails: Road 34, Lee's or Full Cycle. There are lots.

Ergon Bike
    Cool! Thanks for the info guys. Looking forward to spending some time in town.

Jeff
    Ergon USA

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    I dont know where ERGON is located but the Armstong Hotel in downtown is the only bicycle friendly hotel in FoCO that I know of:

http://www.thearmstronghotel.com/

You are within walking or riding distance of dozens of places to eat, shop, drink, etc. Rooms are nice and unique and the hotel has a small fleet of Cruiser bikes for you to take out: http://www.thearmstronghotel.com/cruisers.htm

jl
    climb
    Quote Originally Posted by afox
    I would second the Armstrong. At least you're close to some night life, full cycle is across the street, hu hot is next door. Food and bars...

PM me if you'd like to do a night ride on the 13th.

You do own lights???
    Ride On!

what nice teeth you have
    Staying near old town (Armstrong) would be really fun. And still not that far from the trails. Just head west to get to the trails. Also my roomate says you can build your R@D facility in his garage if you can hook him up with some free schwag. Not sure if you would want to or could go but there is a MTB race going on the weekend before you get here.

http://www.rmccc.org/data/F07/Flyers/CSU.pdf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmLzUvMsA0c

Ergon Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by jl
    I would second the Armstrong. At least you're close to some night life, full cycle is across the street, hu hot is next door. Food and bars...

PM me if you'd like to do a night ride on the 13th.

You do own lights???
    Oh yeah, I got lights. In fact, using them this weekend in the Vapor Trail 125 in Salida.

Jeff
    Ergon USA

jl
    climb
    Quote Originally Posted by ERGON
    Oh yeah, I got lights. In fact, using them this weekend in the Vapor Trail 125 in Salida.
    I just got back and I'll probably be riding again next Thursday. Let me know if you want to ride. It won't be a 125 mi ride either--more like a standard 2.5-3hr night ride ...
    Ride On!