mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Flagstaff road past Walker.

If you go up Flagstaff road past Walker Ranch and past the left turn to Gross reservoir you come to a big sign talking about something or other estates and no tresspassing, blah blah.
    I know if you continue it will connect with Magnolia road.
    It's a little unclear to me, at the sign does it become a private road (no public access)?
    Or does it continue as a public road to Magnolia (across private land)?
    This would make a nice way to connect with Ned while avoiding alot of paved road.

skillz to pay billz
    are you talking about cr68?

trail waggler

Established public access...

I rode that from Ridge Rd. outside of Ned before, it's at the end of 68J. Just watch out for the IED's and for the Pitbulls...

Glad that I'm out in the boonies now...
    MY dog can lick YOUR dog!

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Yes, I think it it 68J.

ride
    68J is an open, legal, county road. The no tresspass signs are intentionally misleading. As long as you're on the road, you're good to go.
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Thanks for the replies.

"The no tresspass signs are intentionally misleading" That's great.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ignazjr
    68J is an open, legal, county road. The no tresspass signs are intentionally misleading. As long as you're on the road, you're good to go.

Ditto on this! 68J becomes a rough 4wd road, but is easily passable on a bike. Private property right up to the road itself, but otherwise perfectly legal to be on that road. Eventually you can get up on Magnolia Road, head west to the Dot Trails to the Boy Scout Trail to the West Mag system. A long day in the saddle.
    Peace out and stay cool!

Ride Everything
    Quote Originally Posted by Strong Bad
    Thanks for the replies.

"The no tresspass signs are intentionally misleading" That's great.
    GRAVELBIKE.COM - ride everything

skillz to pay billz
    Quote Originally Posted by bittles
    Ditto on this! 68J becomes a rough 4wd road, but is easily passable on a bike. Private property right up to the road itself, but otherwise perfectly legal to be on that road. Eventually you can get up on Magnolia Road, head west to the Dot Trails to the Boy Scout Trail to the West Mag system. A long day in the saddle.
    don't forget to throw a walker in there for good measure.

superwalk68dotsboyboothobbitschoolbussecretnedtobo ulderswitzerlandSSVsourdough trail

Too busy looking good
    CR 68J can also be used as a connector between Walker Ranch and Sugar Loaf. A nice ride is to do the "super Walker" starting from town, then 68J to Magnolia, to Boulder Canyon. Then if you can endure a 1/4 mile on the highway, go up to Sugar Loaf Rd., then to the trail head. Then, back to the highway and down to Boulder Creek trail. Going down the highway isn't too bad even with the traffic, just watch the sand on the curves in the shoulders. Another way to spend a long day, and some nice climbing.

I've never considered 68J as a way to get to the West Mag area, great idea. There would still be a good deal of pavement, but definitely minimal traffic. I'll have to try it too before this great fall weather ends.

Driving to the trail head is for wimps!

So daveM, what's an "IED"? I googled on it, looks like the most common meaning is "improvised explosive device", is there something about CR 68J we should know??

skillz to pay billz
    the only pavement would be on flagstaff, and crossing 119 at west mag