My cup runneth over

Smile First snow ride...

Rode Green Mountain this morning for the first snow ride of the season. One other set of tracks before me. It was just cold enough to keep most of the ground frozen beneath the snow so only a few muddy spots. Frozen toes and a beaming smile!

"All Hell Breaks Loose"
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rmac
    Rode Green Mountain this morning for the first snow ride of the season. One other set of tracks before me. It was just cold enough to keep most of the ground frozen beneath the snow so only a few muddy spots. Frozen toes and a beaming smile!
    I think I passed you on your way to the Rooney lot. I was the third set of tracks and it was muddier than I expected. I thought it would be totally frozen. It was good to see the tracks of a couple other folks who got to enjoy the cold snowy weather as well.

Stand back

Grn Mtn rider #1

Quote Originally Posted by miSSfit
    I think I passed you on your way to the Rooney lot. I was the third set of tracks and it was muddier than I expected. I thought it would be totally frozen. It was good to see the tracks of a couple other folks who got to enjoy the cold snowy weather as well.
    It may have been me you passed on my way to the Rooney lot today, I saw only one other biker on the trail, and it was right before I got to the 470 bridge. There were only a couple areas that I thought were starting to get too soft. I meant to get out a little earlier, bet it was firmer around 8am. Snow ride #2 for me this year. Gonna have to break out the lights so I can get out more often.
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

My cup runneth over

I must have been earlier...

I rode from home 1/2 mile to Coyote Gulch park then 1 mile of dirt trail to Green through the drainage tunnel under Alameda. I rode around the south side to the dirt rode and then up and around. The dirt rode is unrideable when wet, but was just sufficiently rideable at 9:30 ish. I only spun out once at the apex of the switchback. Green is funny in that within 30 minutes it can go from frozen and rideable to a disaster. I got lucky! Sorry to hear it wasn't so good later.