mtbr member

Good job! Firecracker 50 ... who's in??

Come one, come all...

Join Friends of COMBA team (Team IMBA) at the FC50 and help us raise money so we can do more cool things like constructing the new black diamond trail at Buffalo Creek.

Two ways to help: join us and ride (and raise money) or donate to a participant on our team. Best part, act now and SRAM will match funds (limited pool, almost gone). There's a team in VA (Massanutten Hoo Ha) that has raised almost $10K, which means they'll end up w/ $15,000. Imagine what COMBA could do w/ $15K.

Did I mention we'll be throwing a big party up there after the race: food, beer, and massage!

Hope to see many of the hard core FR locals up there helping our cause (you know who you are).

Join us, won't you?
    -
    .And following our will and wind . . .
    . . .We'll ride the spiral to the end
    and may just go where no one's been.

mtbr member

501c(3)

...and yes all donations are tax deductible and will help both IMBA and COMBA.

Moosehead
    Let's please roll folks and support this event via the Friends of COMBA team. Come ride, make a small or large donation, or encourage friends to do so.

COMBA not only has made it happen in short order since the new board was installed this past January 2009, they are doing so in a big way. New board, new trails, new events, new website, new energy, new focus. This has been accomplished in 5 months.

If you are still a naysayer, you aren't paying attention. http://comba2009.blogspot.com/

You think you can handle the Firecracker 50? Then post up. http://www.mavsports.com/?id=8

If you want to ride FC50 or help with a donation, please do so via Terry's Friends of COMBA link, same as above: http://go.imba.com/site/TR?team_id=1...d=1190&pg=team

mtbr member

Listen!

btw, in addition to the shwag/prizes you can earn as a participant, just by signing up as a Team IMBA / Friend of COMBA member you are eligible for a very limited offer from GT: pro deals on their top o' the line bikes: Zaskar Pro Carbon and Marathon Pro.

Moosehead
    HHHHHEEELLLLLLLLOOOOOOO!

We need more Front Rangers on the COMBA Firecracker 50 team. What, do you gals and guys just e-ride? Do you just want to ride road bikes cause there's less MTB trails?

We need more T.I.T.S. and A.S.S. on the COMBA Firecracker 50 team. What, do you T&A guys and gals just ride lower elevations?

Team Evergreen? Dirt Divas? Single Speeders (yes there's a Firecracker 50 SS category)? Peak Cycles Studs (you guys dusted me last night on Chimney while on SS's and chatting away)?

HHHHEEEEELLLLLOOOOO!!!!!!!????????

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Quote Originally Posted by moosehead
    What, do you gals and guys just e-ride?
    Mostly.

"I want it now!"
    Quote Originally Posted by gotdirt
    Come one, come all...

Join Friends of COMBA team (Team IMBA) at the FC50 and help us raise money so we can do more cool things like constructing the new black diamond trail at Buffalo Creek.

Two ways to help: join us and ride (and raise money) or donate to a participant on our team. Best part, act now and SRAM will match funds (limited pool, almost gone). There's a team in VA (Massanutten Hoo Ha) that has raised almost $10K, which means they'll end up w/ $15,000. Imagine what COMBA could do w/ $15K.

Did I mention we'll be throwing a big party up there after the race: food, beer, and massage!

Hope to see many of the hard core FR locals up there helping our cause (you know who you are).

Join us, won't you?
    I signed up for the race through mav sports prior to your announcement. How can I help out from here? Just donate some cabbage to the COMBA team?

simple
    Peak Cycles Studs (you guys dusted me last night on Chimney while on SS's and chatting away)?
    We actually were talking about the Firecracker at one point during our ride. A few of us have hung up our USA Cycling cards so I'm not sure how supportive we are about doing the race. Can I even do a one-day license in the SS class?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Veruca Salt
    I signed up for the race through mav sports prior to your announcement. How can I help out from here? Just donate some cabbage to the COMBA team?
    Likewise, already signed up. Do I need to contact mavsports to affiliate with imba?

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

I am signed up again - wouldn't miss this race for anything

TER Member
    Let's go SIOUX!!!

Pivot Rider
    HHHHHEEELLLLLLLLOOOOOOO!

We need more Front Rangers on the COMBA Firecracker 50 team. What, do you gals and guys just e-ride? Do you just want to ride road bikes cause there's less MTB trails?

We need more T.I.T.S. and A.S.S. on the COMBA Firecracker 50 team. What, do you T&A guys and gals just ride lower elevations?

Team Evergreen? Dirt Divas? Single Speeders (yes there's a Firecracker 50 SS category)? Peak Cycles Studs (you guys dusted me last night on Chimney while on SS's and chatting away)?

HHHHEEEEELLLLLOOOOO!!!!!!!????????
    I've got the post out to the Divas!
    Dirt Divas website l Twitter: @thedirtdivas l Facebook

Moosehead
    Very Cool! It would be great to beef up this team.

To sign up and join the Friends of COMBA Team, see the below link:

http://go.imba.com/site/TR?team_id=1...d=1190&pg=team

Yes, I believe that you can register and get a one day license for the event. Lemme check on details.

Oh, and there's also a Clydesdale category, of which my fat arse will be a card carrying member.

Moosehead
    Quote Originally Posted by 69erSycip
    We actually were talking about the Firecracker at one point during our ride. A few of us have hung up our USA Cycling cards so I'm not sure how supportive we are about doing the race. Can I even do a one-day license in the SS class?
    Yes, a one-day license is available for $5. However, if you want to be in the Open category to compete for the national championship, it looks like a $60 annual license? Below is the language from the FC 50 event webpage:

USA CYCLING MARATHON MTB NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS
    For the third year in a row the Firecracker 50 plays host as the USA Cycling Marathon MTB National Championships! We are honored to have the distinction.
    What's it all mean?
    It means that 12 people will be crowned "National Champion"...on the 4th of July...There are "Open" categories that will vie for the National Championships. We are still offering other categories too! Just means that those other categories will NOT be up for National Championship designation.
    It also means that anyone in an "Open" category, those racing for the National title, MUST have an annual license AND must be a U.S. citizen. No exceptions!

The cost for a license is $60 and for an add-on it's $30.
    One day licenses are still available to all other categories for $5.

mtbr member

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! clarification

this can come across more complicated than it is...

here's the deal:

TEAM IMBA is merely a fundraising opportunity. in that sense, it is a "virtual" team... anyone can join and in fact you don't have to race. in fact, you don't even have to show up in breckenridge! it is simply a way to raise money for any IMBA-affilliate club (in this case, COMBA).

it is a separate deal from the race. if you're racing, you need to register w/ maverick and then register w/ TEAM IMBA. $10 to join the "Friends of COMBA" team, and you solicit donations from friends and family which gets split 50/50 w/ IMBA and COMBA ... and while supplies last, SRAM will match funds and give *all* that coin to the local club.

i.e.
    if 10 participants of "Friends of COMBA" team each raised $1000, then IMBA would get $5000, COMBA would get $5000, but then SRAM would kick in $10,000 all for COMBA resulting in $15,000.

that said, those *limited* SRAM funds are going quickly, and may be gone before july 4th... so the sooner we can get funds committed to COMBA, the better.

TEAM IMBA info

Friends of COMBA homepage
    -
    .And following our will and wind . . .
    . . .We'll ride the spiral to the end
    and may just go where no one's been.

"I want it now!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Whambat
    Likewise, already signed up. Do I need to contact mavsports to affiliate with imba?
    I don't know. I just went ahead and donated money through their website. See you at the race!

Moosehead

jkg
    mtbr member
    Dec 2004

a little camper help

Sorry to hijack, but anyone know of a good spot that I can park a pop up camper before, during, after the race?

Thanks.