mtbr member
    May 2006

FatTire Classic anyone?

I was thinking of participating in this year's American Red Cross FatTire Classic. Has anyone been before?

I was checking out the website http://www.denver-redcross.org/site/...e=ftc_homepage and texted in "bike" to 50555 to be entered their Free drawing to win a Giant Trance 4. But I was think of participating this year and wanted to get feedback, does anyone else plan on going?

Trail Sanitizer
    This will be my 6th year at the Fat Tire as a volunteer. I've never done it as a participant. It's a fun weekend for everybody. Rumor has it that this will be the last year for the FTC in Winter Park. Summit County here we come.

mtbr member
    May 2006

Volunteer?

Do you volunteer with the American Red Cross or?

I'm pretty sure I'm going to participate this year. It would also be nice to win the free bike. I hear the bike they are giving away was named 2005 Bike of the Year by MTB Magazine.

ride
    Quote Originally Posted by beenbiking4life
    I was thinking of participating in this year's American Red Cross FatTire Classic. Has anyone been before?
    A friend of mine and I guided some rides a few years ago. It was great. It was cool to be aound such a positive vibe of a ton of mountainbikers. There were people from all walks of life hitting the roads and the trails. Admittedly, WP offers better riding when the massive crowds depart, but this is a good weekend to hang with some like minded folk. You'll have a good time.
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

Trail Sanitizer
    Quote Originally Posted by beenbiking4life
    Do you volunteer with the American Red Cross or?

I'm pretty sure I'm going to participate this year. It would also be nice to win the free bike. I hear the bike they are giving away was named 2005 Bike of the Year by MTB Magazine.
    Yes, I volunteer through the Red Cross...sorta. The RC 'manages' all of the volunteers but I wouldn't say that I volunteer through them. Back in the day, TCS (now COMBA) supplied all of the trail marshals and that's how I got involved. Over the years, TCS faded out of the picture so to speak but a lot of the same volunteers are there year after year. All Volunteers get free food, lodging and beer for the weekend. If you volunteer for route management, you get to add to the list as much biking as you feel like doing. It's a sweet gig.