mtbr member

Fathers Day weekend trail decision...any insight?

Hello,

I have Saturday free as a pre-Fathers day ride day - and want to make the most of it. I will be solo. I am thinking of one of three rides.

1. Colorado Trail Segment 1: Ride from Indian Creek TH to S. Platte Canyon, out-n-back. I've ridden Indian Creek loop before so I'm aware of the big climb I'd have at the end.

2. Colorado Trail Segment 7 alternative loop: Start at Gold Hill TH: CT -> Peaks Trail -> Frisco -> bike-path-to-Copper -> Colorado Trail/Wheeler Trail -> over 10-mile-range back to Gold Hill TH on CT. I know the bike path blows...but I don't have it in me to do an out-n-back over 10 mile range both ways. And I want to do the full segment as I'm crossing off each segment one-by-one I'd plan on some (a lot of) hike-a-bike from Copper to the top of 10 mile range.

3. Canyon Creek. Yes, I'm sure this is the hands-down winner for the descending awesomeness from what I've been reading. But not sure if driving 7+ hours, solo, round trip is in the cards this weekend....but it could be if this is a no brainer.

I'd like to check out a new trail - which all of the above are new-to-me-trails. I think all of the above rides will be challenging but doable for me - from a distance/elevation gain perspective. Just hopeing to have a good, long day on the bike while maximizing on riding some sweet ST. If I can't go wrong....then great! But if there is a clear winner or close 2nd choice - then all the better.

Thanks!
    Mike

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    What is this "Canyon Creek" you speak of?

Having one of the best VMH's on the planet, I have the freedom to ride all weekend...

I'm also thinking of getting on the CT this weekend...

banned
    3 = a-technical

mtbr member
    Sent you a PM re: Canyon Creek