Thread: The 'Fat' Trail

mtbr member
    Mar 2008

The 'Fat' Trail

This post is mainly for people familiar with Clear Creek, specifically re. the incomplete 'Fat Trail'... (name gleaned from an old Denver Post article I found)

Last fall I walked the trail up from it's terminus at the top of the Waldorf (Silver Plume) railroad grade. I made it past the undone work on the flume portion and into the nightmare timber blow-down.

From what I saw, this trail has the potential to be a classic, and then some. I found a rusty tool stash, and saw evidence of the beginnings of work clearing through the downed trees - what I'm wondering is who, if anyone, is working on this (maybe just a name or contact?) as a local, I would be happy to contribute to this effort. That thing has the potential to be soooo badass! If any of this rings a bell with anyone, please reply or direct message me or whatever.

Vger (Josh)
    Spiral out, keep going...

lone rider
    I donít know whatever happened with those guys and why they never finished cleaning up the trail.
    I plan on cutting out the deadfall this summer. I think it is worth riding again.
    rusty tool stash:

Potential ? Hereís what the trail looked like in 2008 when it was in good shape

Some photos to cheer you up