Thank YOU, Chuck Norris!

Falling at Elk Meadow/Bergen

So I'm at Elk Meadow today and I take a couple of pretty good falls ... well, the only time I've fallen this season is at Bergen Peak/Too Long ... literally, (I hate using this word) every time I ride there I have a pretty good fall ... anyone else find this to be true? Just curious ...
    I see you're drinking one percent. Is that because you think you're fat?

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Karma is obviously punishing you for being a Pats fan.

Thank YOU, Chuck Norris!

Jealousy ...

it will get you nowhere, my friend! However, Bergen will REALLY get ya in the end!
    I see you're drinking one percent. Is that because you think you're fat?

mtbr member

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by lusdawg
    So I'm at Elk Meadow today and I take a couple of pretty good falls ... well, the only time I've fallen this season is at Bergen Peak/Too Long ... literally, (I hate using this word) every time I ride there I have a pretty good fall ... anyone else find this to be true? Just curious ...
    Can't say I wreck there everytime. Last time I rode Bergen/Too Long (3 weeks maybe) there was a gal and her boyfriend gingerly picking their way down Too Long. Probably because she had broken her jaw and busted up her knee pretty bad. There's some rough stuff there.
    I have one firm belief about the American political system, God is a Republican and Santa Claus is a Democrat P.J. O'Rourke

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by lusdawg
    it will get you nowhere, my friend! However, Bergen will REALLY get ya in the end!
    You think I'm jealous that you can't ride a simple XC trail in Evergreen?

Hehe... just kidding.

old skool newbie

confesses to falling

I ride those trails a lot (my local) and they still get the better of me; like on Tuesday. I was coming down Too Long (going slow and cautious because I promised the prego wife I wouldn't get-wicked-wid-it by myself) and still managed a slow motion, over-the-bars maneuver, resulting in a beautiful set of scrapes along my elbow.
    There are some people that can clear it all, or at least most of it, Guess the Trail... but I think that area has some of the most techy stuff around (perhaps more than the DC wall Deer Creek Rock Garden.

mutaullyassuredsuffering

Ouch...

I bet I get a nice bruise every other time I go up there. I bruised my quad on a rock a few weeks ago and it still hurts. I have now ridden every obstacle there, but it will be a long time before I can do them all on the same day, much less one ride!

After a few loops on Bergen Snowmass was a breeze!

The Notorious S.L.O
    Bergen Peak is certainly a challenging trail, I haven't crashed there this year, but last season, I seemed to be going over the bars every time I rode down Too Long Trail. Going up, I have cleared every obstacle, never during the same ride, not sure I ever will!
    BT
    11 Trek Hifi Delux 23in
    05 Giant NRS 22.5in
    Evergreen Co.
    "All I need is.......two wheels and the truth."

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

bit on Bergen

My hardest crash without seriously injuring myself was on Bergen. I'd tried my hardest to go up the set of waterbars-without-end going clockwise up from Elk Meadow, the ones about a mile from the Bergen Peak spur (hey, I know what I'm talking about!) Didn't make it, so I turned around and came flying back down to try again. Front tire went sideways at a 45 degree off a wet waterbar and I just piledrived into the dirt. Dam! that hurt! That whole trail system around Elk Meadow will get you sooner or later.