OK, this isn't completely bike related- there aren't any actual action shots of riding bikes... however, I did ride every day in CB and these views are accessible by bike. Plus, I figured a lot of guys on here are interested in how Crested Butte looks this time of year.
This fall, I was lucky enough to have my dad with me for the trip- the first time I've been back down to Crested Butte in a few years for the fall colors. We timed the trip perfectly- aside from a couple of small rain showers, we had perfect weather and witnessed some of the best color in the last 25 years (or so I was told). The Crested Butte area is absolutely beautiful, with aspen viewing possible in a number of different locations. These pictures were taken the first weekend in October in areas around town like Kebler Pass, Washington Gulch, Gothic, Cement Creek, and even right in town. I can't wait to return next fall.
Enjoy the pictures.
1. Upon arrival in CB, we were greeted with this view:
2. A quick hitting rainstorm over the East River Valley:
3. The Beckwiths, off Kebler Pass, in the morning light:
4. The ferns change colors too:
5. All along the Dark Canyon Trail, the colors were spectacular:
6. And then you get to the overlook:
7. My dad's from SC... this isn't something you get to see every day:
8. West Beckwith Mountain:
9. A perfectly placed orange aspen leaf:
10. Then we made our way over to Washington Gulch to see Gothic Peak and Snodgrass Mtn:
11. And of course, the East River Valley:
13. A quick rain shower greeted us under Gothic Peak:
14. But this stand of aspens above the town of Gothic was worth it:
15. And finally, a small cabin outside of Gothic. Looks like the cows are taking over for the fall:
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Check out the hottest mountain bike products from these brands!
See All Interbike Coverage - Click Here »