Grams Light Bikes

Falcon Trail - jogging cadets

So I started my usual ride over at the Academy at 3:30 PM to do the Falcon trail. I prefer to do it the clockwise direction. Anyway I didn't see much of anyone (2 bikes) until just at the cadet quarters. There were a few joggers running on the gravel path but it got kind of crazy on the other side going along the ridge line over the golf course. I must have run into (passed) 2 dozen cadets.

I track standed while I let a couple of them go by and of course they said "THANK YOU SIR", one kid looked like he was 12 years old. Well maybe its cause I am 50 and they are younger instead!

Talked to this guy at a Liquor store who went to the Academy. He talked about 'Sir Sandwiches'. Stuff like "Sir, yes sir!", etc. The act of sandwiching one's response emphatically between the word "sir" when addressing an officer or a superior to express enthusiasm. Thought that was funny.

Anyway the trail was in real good condition. The rain cleaned things out and the State Games race they had on the course smoothed things out in other spots. For most of my of the ride I had a light breeze and this one wonderful giant cloud to keep me cooler.

I think I need to start earlier to miss the cadets? It was more annoying then anything, yah think they own the place? Wait they sort of do!

Sir, Biker coming through, Sir

Inflexable...
    We gave a what looked like a cadet jogger water the other day. This trail is quickly becoming one of my favs...
    Tact is for people not witty enough to be sarcastic...

rr
    I don't do PC
    You guys riding today Kurt?

I would really love to do a Palmer day cause the wrist is feeling much better but with the heat probably stay away, MH???

Sorry for the hijack pastajet, have noticed more cadets on the trail too, and the trail cond's Wed were superb!

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I only run into them on that same ridge or the flats by the golf course. The new class was just inducted so they are out going through the paces before classes begin. Once classes start on the weekdays they will be busy and mostly off the trail.

That is a great ride- many thanks to the cool heads who finally got the Academy re-opened to the public after 5 long years.