old skool newbie

evergreen was white

>>>Quote:
    Originally Posted by mtbdirteater
    Planning to ride in either Evergreen or ride Lair O' the Bear off 74 to Pence Park and back on Saturday, planning to ride Apex on Sunday.
    Cheers,
    Dave

>>>Do you know if they had any snow up that way or if the trails are dry? Did Lair O' the Bear a few weeks ago, KICK A$$ trail!!!

I live by El Rancho (evergreen) and still had an inch of snow on the porch this morning when I left for work. Its been torture not to ride. My guess is it won't really be dry until Sunday, but that won't stop people from riding too soon. Apex usually dries out sooner than evergreen trails.

old skool newbie

Good job! come on down

the dirt is drying up, better ride while the weather is still warm

Are your pants fresh?

Except now

the weather's gone goofy and it's acting like it's gonna snow. So much for warm.
    Maybe tomorrow the sun will pop out.

FP

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Elk Meadows

I rode Elk Meadows today, it was clear and dry except for the top of the mountain, Snow was up there. But the weather rolled in in the late efternoon, rain and fog, and COLD

Now Uploading
    Evergreen trail conditions were excellent Saturday, but I did not go up Bergen.

Buffalo Creek was awesome yesterday too.

While we all know (or should know) not to ride and rut mud, I think some people tend to over react when we get a little rain or snow here. Dries quick around here, and a lot of dry dusty places need some tack from a little mosture. Out of about 48 miles of trail riding this weekend, I encountered about 48 inches of wet surface.

Cheers,

Dave
    [SIZE=2]Just Passing Through: eatin' dirt & crappin' dust[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbdirteater
    Evergreen trail conditions were excellent Saturday, but I did not go up Bergen.

Buffalo Creek was awesome yesterday too.

While we all know (or should know) not to ride and rut mud, I think some people tend to over react when we get a little rain or snow here. Dries quick around here, and a lot of dry dusty places need some tack from a little mosture. Out of about 48 miles of trail riding this weekend, I encountered about 48 inches of wet surface.

Cheers,

Dave
    The trails were in excellent condion, tacky like you said. The snow up on Bergen was just a pain in the but cause if grabbed your wheel, and when you unclipped it got stuck in your cleats and was hard to get clicked in. You and Golden will have to keep me posted as to what is clear here through the colder months. Great trails up that way, and I wouldn't mind getting some more trails in.

Are your pants fresh?

Sometimes it's funny

I found myself getting spoiled with our large number of perfect weather days (although really, any day the trails aren't mud is a perfect day to ride) that this summer (or whatever it was) I missed more riding days where I thought it would be raining.
    Stupid brain.

FP