mtbr member

Evergreen Trails

Just getting into Mtn Biking in the Denver Area. I've done Green Mtn, Most of 3 sisters, and the Meadow View Trail so far. I just did Meadow View Trail (Upper lot of Elk Meadow open space) on Sunday, and had a blast. On the way up, I thought we were desperately out of shape, but then realized that what took 45 minutes to climb only took 15 to decend I love those soft woodland trails....makes me remember why I love Mtn Biking. Anyway, I was hoping for other recommendations in the area. Also, hit me up if you want to join a chubby 32 year old bike nut on the trail

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    ...although not the best trails for the 'desperately out of shape,' as you do get fit you must head up the bergen peak trail. For the loop, go up bergen and down 'too long,' although expect technical and sustained climbing/descending. The loop is good in either direction, but i prefer it as described.

also, to add some fitness to your 3sisters riding, start at the golf course and ascend 'dedisse' up to 3sisters/evergreen mountain.

enjoy!
    Spiral out, keep going...

hehe ...you said "member"
    Quote Originally Posted by Vger
    ...although not the best trails for the 'desperately out of shape,' as you do get fit you must head up the bergen peak trail. For the loop, go up bergen and down 'too long,' although expect technical and sustained climbing/descending. The loop is good in either direction, but i prefer it as described.

also, to add some fitness to your 3sisters riding, start at the golf course and ascend 'dedisse' up to 3sisters/evergreen mountain.

enjoy!
    I would suggest trying the dedisse climb before tackling Bergen. The Bergen climb can be tough even for those who ride regularly fwiw
    “Me fail english? Thats unpossible.” - Matt Groening

Rigid in Evergreen
    In the area, I'd recommend "Lair of the Bear" as well.

mtbr member
    Thanks guys! I'll be going up on Saturday Morning!

mtbr member
    Cross the road from 3 sisters and climb Evergreen Mountain counterclockwise for some fitness.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelniel
    Thanks guys! I'll be going up on Saturday Morning!
    If you want that woodsy stuff, you'd like the Liar of the Bear trail from Pence Park to the LOB lot.

You'd also enjoy trails at the top of Mt Falcon - could cheat and park at the upper lot if you're not ready for a 45 minute exposed climb from the bottom.

Same is true of White Ranch - some fun stuff with some shade at the top, can cheat and park up top if you're not ready for the climb up Belcher.

Don't get discouraged on the climb up Bergen if you do it Saturday - it's techie in spots, steep in spots and will probably crush you like a bug. The good news is that it will make other front range climbs seem more tollerable.

Have fun

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by crashtoomuch
    If you want that woodsy stuff, you'd like the Liar of the Bear trail from Pence Park to the LOB lot.

You'd also enjoy trails at the top of Mt Falcon - could cheat and park at the upper lot if you're not ready for a 45 minute exposed climb from the bottom.

Same is true of White Ranch - some fun stuff with some shade at the top, can cheat and park up top if you're not ready for the climb up Belcher.

Don't get discouraged on the climb up Bergen if you do it Saturday - it's techie in spots, steep in spots and will probably crush you like a bug. The good news is that it will make other front range climbs seem more tollerable.

Have fun
    Thanks, Crashtoomuch

I just found a video of the area you described between Pence and LOB http://broadbandsports.com/node/1954 which looks right up my alley!!
    1997 Schwinn HOMEGROWN - Still Stock!
    2008 Jamis Aurora

Thread Terrorist
    i think you'd be better off asking what tire is best for you, the proper direction to shuttle apex, and if 29ers are really worth it.

Keep riding man, that's all you have to do. Exploration is 99% of the fun.
    Golden Bike Park Group

Peak Cycles Gravity Team & Bikeparts.com
    Trestle Bike Park