mtbr member

Evergreen trails

What are the best trails in Evergreen, CO? How many different options are there and how easy are they to get to by bike? What's the best part of town to live in if one wants to ride to the trails?

Thanks for the help!

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    All the trails in and around Evergreen really suck and you shouldn't even bother.
    WTF

mtbr member
    All the trails in and around Evergreen really suck and you shouldn't even bother.
    Lame dude.^

Alderfer/Three Sisters is my favorite trail there. Elk Meadow is good too. I'm sure you could ride to any trail if you want to. I'm not sure what's the best part to live in I think any part would be great.

Living the High Life
    I think he was kidding, its like locals telling tourists that their ski resorts sucks so they get more powder.

ridin dirtay

Bergen

Bergen Peak (accessed from Elk Meadows) is the shiznit. Long climb, hella fun DH (too long trail), with long straight aways so you can see hikers comin...and take aim.
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

mutaullyassuredsuffering

Evergreen

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItSimpleSpeed
    What are the best trails in Evergreen, CO? How many different options are there and how easy are they to get to by bike? What's the best part of town to live in if one wants to ride to the trails?

Thanks for the help!

I live just south of downtown up on the hill. I can get to 3 sisters/evergreen mountian in 10 min riding from my garage. Riding everything up there gives me a 23 mile ride from home with 3000 feet of total climbing. I love the ride as it's all middle ring (2x1 on my SS) and not too technical. Just fun and relaxing. From there you can use Dedisse and connect with Elk Meadows and Bergen making it an unbelievable day with 40 miles of riding and nearly 6000 feet.

Some of my friends live up in Bergen Park/Hiwan and have easy access to Elk Meadows and Bergen and spend their time there. Elk Meadow is a fast and fun loop that is a hoot to just do laps on. Bergen is the quintessential butt kicker. 2000 feet of technical problems and consistent grade to one of the coolest summits in the front range. Unrestricted views of the Rockies and Denver.

I enjoy living closer to the 3 sisters area.... also I really couldn't find anything affordable for me any closer to I70.
    Free will is an illusion, people will always choose the perceived path of greatest pleasure.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Yah... just kidding. Sort of. But when you think of it, you can't shuttle any of them and run the DH like Apex. You have to work for it.
    WTF

mtbr member
    I think he was kidding, its like locals telling tourists that their ski resorts sucks so they get more powder.
    Ahh. You have a point there. Just looked at his profile.

mtbr member
    I don't mind climbing - I love it actually. What's the terrain like? Technical?

And how crowded are the trails - compared to White Ranch in Golden or Hall Ranch in Lyons?

Last question - when does the snow melt enough to ride the trails? or does it melt in a few days?

ridin dirtay
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyturn
    Yah... just kidding. Sort of. But when you think of it, you can't shuttle any of them and run the DH like Apex. You have to work for it.
    Bergen peak can be accessed by Heli as well... no climbing needed. The pilots around here are very nice.
    heli.jpg
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by used2Bhard
    ... also I really couldn't find anything affordable for me any closer to I70.
    Ouch, that hurts

EM is a hoot and the grunt up to Bergen Peak is well worth it - spectactular sunrises.

Riding in Evergreen on the weekends can be a brake fest - since everyone from Denver comes "Up to the Mountains" to escape the Brown Cloud.

mtbr member
    LOL!

Endo-free since July '08
    Hey Used, how hard is it to find the route from 3-Sisters through Dedisse to Elk Meadow? I tried a few years back and bonked at the base of Dedisse. Is the route clearly marked?

A
    Just keep spinning.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I grew up across the street from Elk Meadow (Hiwan) and rode my bike there all the time. It's about a 5 min ride from home to the trails. I rode 3 sisters a lot too, but prefer Elk Meadow. With the bridge over Noble Meadow you can ride under 74 by the new rec center and access elk meadow via noble. It's busy during the day on the weekend, but weekdays, evenings, etc are a great time to enjoy the area (much like most of JCOS).

mutaullyassuredsuffering

Dedisse

I assume you are talking about the mess from Upper Bear Creek Road up through Dedisse. There are so many paths through there that I always struggle to find the same one. What I do now to avoid this annoyance is just go a little farthur East on Bear Creek Road and catch the concrete path and take it all the way to Elk Meadow. On a 30-40 mile ride I'm not real concerned about losing .5 miles of singletrack.
    Free will is an illusion, people will always choose the perceived path of greatest pleasure.